Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Punks at work

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by punkmar77, Dec 18, 2009.

1. nike

nikeExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 19, 2011

hypocrisy is hypocritical and reactionary too!
    [​IMG]

2. butcher

butcherExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

yr hypocrisy is a counter-hypocritical-reactionary-hegemonic biopolitical détournement of pedagogical hypocrisy!
    But what of those you are hierarchically more hypocritical than? HUH? You hypocrite. :ecouteurs:

3. nike

Jun 19, 2011

BUH - you won, but i will tell my mom and dad!
    [​IMG]

4. butcher

butcherExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Appealing to a higher authority i see, you hypoc... :p

5. nike

Jun 19, 2011

found it by chance (evasive distraction):
    [​IMG]

6. Bakica

BakicaExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Does anyone have any expirience working with Vans of DC ? I don't like them, though I have their shoes so..your opinion ?

7. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

i'm not that good at stylish issues - so i only guess "vans of DC" is like (the wrong/as in business) Nikes and other sweat shop suspects?
    are you considering to make an apprenticeship there - and why do you don't like them?

8. Bakica

BakicaExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Vans OR DC, sorry. It's not stylish issue at all. Their shoes are really expensive - but aren't as good as they should be. It's just my habit to buy their shoes, and now I start wondering why. And I should mention that I see shoes as useless thing ( I often walk without them when I can ). It's basically business with some punk/rock/pop elements.

+
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warped_Tour

I just don't know where to draw line in my anarcho-extremism / anti-capitalism. Sometimes I ignorant :thumbsup:

9. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

easy solution: break your habit and look for some reliable footwear worth the money you spend on it, yesyes I still remember how "hard" it was to switch from sloppy expensive martens to something serious and expensive like NPS-boots - but it was worth the change - and if you work it might be a question too, if them bosses can take you wearing boots wearing boots all the time...
    this pop festival thing is something else, personally I don't do festivals anymore, sometimes they make me feel like an aging popper, sometimes it's just a rip off woodstock for people with a haircut - one can live without it and enjoy a nice sweaty session in the basements or some club - others travel to blackpool rebellions... it's a personal thing as long as it doesn't depend on you if such a thing happens or not.
    if yours know it yourself I think there's hope that you work on it for yourself - you are the only authority...

10. (A)FREEDOM AND PEACE(E)

(A)FREEDOM AND PEACE(E)Member New Member

Sep 17, 2011

Ungovernable, what do you mean by "there's no shame of being forced to work"?
    just curious :p

11. punkmar77

punkmar77Administrator Staff Member Admin Team Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I don't want to answer for him but I think he meant, having to work for a living.

12. Benny Manic

Benny ManicMember New Member

Aug 22, 2011

I'm a busker, and I donate everything above my daily budget to my brothers and sisters on the streets. I squat and dumpster dive so drinks, smokes, guitar strings and suchlike are all I buy.

13. Ivanovich

IvanovichExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Well, I started freelance web design, $200 last month, it's better than nothing, I guess.

14. XxInGrindWeCrustxX

XxInGrindWeCrustxXExperienced Member Experienced member

Sep 2, 2012

I was really confused as to what I would do after school and this has opened my eyes a little bit more.

15. svennis777

svennis777Member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010
     United Kingdom
    postman in London

16. morethanfights

morethanfightsExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 10, 2012

i know im gunna get shit, but im a paralegal in an immigration law office. I help people from getting deported

17. Pro-Anti Grrrl

Pro-Anti GrrrlNew Member New Member

Sep 21, 2012

Punk and Anarchism at it's best works just as much in an individual as it does collectively... Without it being what it is; without it's collective individuals, it wouln't cease to exist... Perhaps it would grow stonger and faster!! Thank all of you Punks, Dissidents and Pro-Choicers out there... <3 Pro-Anti Grrl!!

18. Spike one of many

Spike one of manyExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
     South Africa
    I think that's pretty cool.

19. morethanfights

morethanfightsExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 10, 2012

thank you:)

20. Spike one of many

Spike one of manyExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
     South Africa
    I've worked in various factories most the time. Then I became unemployed and I began stealing expensive items from Pick'n'Pay (a supermarket chainstore) and return the items at their other branches for refunds (Picked'n'chose the till-slips that people threw away and then stole the most expensive items on the slips).
    At one stage I got involved with some people who were breaking into peoples houses. I was their getaway driver.
    We eventually got bust. I was the luckiest of the lot, the others got 9, 5, and 2 years in prison (in my case they could only prove my involvement on 1 count) I got 240 hours of community service, working with physically disabled people. That was a real eye-opener for me (very cool ppl. btw.). I'm not working now but have started to do some tattooing. :)