Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Punks and Hard Drugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by punkmar77, Nov 30, 2009.

1. BlinkoChrist

BlinkoChrist Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 1, 2009

I have never agreed with a more more in my life, oh and another thing I feel hasn't been touched up on.

People say that pot is a "gateway" drug and it leads to everything else, but that's not true. The main reason I've found that people do harder drugs after smoking pot is because of the scene people get into. I mean, usually when you smoke pot, you light up with scetchy people...well like half the time, and you sort of become who you hang out with, just like with any other thing. So if you're illegaly buying pot, why not illegaly buy coke, or illegaly buy shrooms or heroin etc etc

All I'm saying is that if it was legal, there would be a lot less exposure to the other drugs, the drugs that kill.

Oh and kind of unrelated http://maps.org/

2. No_Justice_left

No_Justice_left Active Member Forum Member

Nov 1, 2009

3. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    EXACTLY!

Another thing i wanted to talk about...

Anyway, this is an useless debate that the government wants us to have so the attention isn't on the REAL problems.

EVEN IF smoking weed would REALLY lead to taking heroin, then maybe it is important to ask ourselves WHY IT WOULD LEAD TO HARD DRUG USAGE!

And the answer is easy : BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAL

So since it's illegal there is no safe place to get weed. You have to go see the drug dealers, and we all know that most of the drug dealers aren't limited to soft drugs. (again we could ask ourselves WHY and the answer would be the same : why only sell weed when you are already taking the risks, and that you could make more money selling more variety?)

This situation was created by the government, again

And like i said in another topic, cannabis is probably still illegal today ONLY BECAUSE THEY CAN'T CONTROL IT !!! Unlike tobacco and alcohol, cannabis is so easy to produce !! Even a kid can grow cannabis plants !! It's one of the most robust, one of the easier to grow and strongest plant in the world..... And on top of all, the final product doesn't require a big industry to supply the thousands of additional products (like in tobacco or alcohol, two products that requires big facilities to produce).

Controlling a whole state-sponsored cannabis market would just be impossible, and they'd make no money out of it. If we compare that to all the big economical disavantages the big capitalist companies would have after cannabis is legalized, it's really not worth it for the governments....

4. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

I DONT SEE THE PROBLEM IN USING WHAT YOU FEEL IS ALRIGHT AS LONG AS YOU CAN CONTROL THE USAGE , IVE DONE DIFFERANT DRUGS , NONE HAVE EVER GOTTTEN TO WHERE I FEEL THAT I NEEDED IT , I GUESS IVE ALW2AYS HAD SELF CONTROL OR SOMETHING , MY MOTHER HAD BAD DRUG PROBLEMS , WHICH SENT ME TO FOSTER CARE , BUT IVE NEVER HAD A NEED FOR ANY DRUG THAT I DID MORE THAN A FEW DAYS ,I LOVE DRINKING AND DONT REALLY SEE IT AS A PROBLEM , BECAUSE IT HAS NEVER BEEN BAD FOR ME , I GUESS ITS FINE IN MODERATION , IM NOT SAYING GO SHOOT DOPE ! BUT I DONT LOOK DOWN ON DRUG USAGE UNLESS IT CHANGES YOURE WAY OF LIVING AND HOW YOU ACT TOWARDS YOUR FRIENDS, IVE SEEN OPIATES RUIN FRIENDS LIVES AND THEY WILL CHANGE PEOPLE , IF THEY LET IT GET THE BEST OF THEM .

5. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

GOOD TOPIC

im 15 did drugs sense i was 11 and got put in AA for teenagers i go and i am sober now but Drugs are terrible it runind me i dont think doing drugs is good at all i drink once in a while :beers: but its not rely sumthing i like to much now cigarettes i chain smoke constantly unless im inside cus i cant smoke in my house or i get bitched at and im to lazy to go oustide :ecouteurs:

now nicotine is different cause its not a mind changing chemical so you can do that all you want
    weed idk any ever hurt any body but i did get a bit depressed when i was smoking it every day
    now coke,acid shit like that is not good at all :ecouteurs: it controls your life big time so dose achol sum ppl may say nah i can control it but mots ppl cant after a while it gets real bad and you end up screwing every thing up ruins relationships ruins your self being i think its not anarchy if your not living in reality and under the drugs control but at the same time do what you want i dont rely care i personally prefer no more drugs

weed maybe alcohol dont rely know and tobacco all for it cus it ant a mind changing chemical

6. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

so ya i agree with this guy or girl

7. lax_punk_sneakz

lax_punk_sneakz Active Member Forum Member

Sep 21, 2009

I've definitely had my fun trying things, but now playtime's over.... and i pretty sure crystal made my friend into a 15 year old at age 23... o_O

8. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

9. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

i agree , erowi is a very good informational site , ive been on numbers of times

10. ampallang

ampallang Active Member Forum Member

Nov 12, 2009

erowi is a good site, ill continue to look at it.

I think drugs are different all over the world. alcohol is traditional in some countries, in others it is weed, opium... so many different things.
    In south american families in villages have coca leaf tea...

I think it has to do with your own usage, control and attitude. People who are violent and aggressive when they drink, smoke.. consume should probably just stop or reduce.
    If something helps you do what you need to do everyday, why not use it.

Even more deep into the issue, the people growing and manufacturing drugs. e.g workers in Morocco making hash, cocaine being made is forest in south america ruining the eco system and farmers growing illegal opium crops because thats all the can grow on there land and then having to pay most of there profits to groups they dont agree with just to get food on the table.

I know people that dont drink because of taxes going to the government, nearly 70% of all profit made is from alcohol sales.

11. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
  12. ahorriblemess

ahorriblemess Member New Member

Dec 18, 2009

I'm new here and got off to a "bad" start (accidentally)... but I have a few friends who have become slaves to their own demons and heroin. One of them OD'd but luckily lived through it. The other has been on methadone for years. I've done heroin several times but never stuck with it. I've done lots of other stuff too but it's not a contest so I won't list them all. I don't think anything is wrong with experimenting with drugs. When it becomes a part of your life so much that if you stop you can't function properly, then that's when it's a problem (including cigarettes and alcohol). However, I don't see marijuana being a big problem unless you're packing several bowls a day for yourself. (this coming from a guy who drinks way too much way too often, but I don't need it to live, I only have 4-5 beers maybe 5-6 nights a week depending on how I'm doing (more on that below) when I go out though, I cannot control myself.

As far as marijuana, I smoked recreationally from age 16-21, then I started to get paranoid every time. There were a few rare times when I didn't. Then most recently, I tried it for medicinal use and I got a particular strain that worked perfectly for me. I admit that I smoked while drunk at a few shows but for the most part I would take one small hit at night and maybe one small hit during the day (small like the size of a pea). I'm diagnosed bipolar, and I guess I am according to the "symptoms", it helps when I'm going crazy (manic), it calms me down. I am relieved of social pressures, general paranoia (being in public) obsessive compulsive behavior, panicking, rage, and the other wonderful gifts of mania. And the day after I'm left with an overall feeling of contentment. So for me, it's either I harm myself and everyone around me, or I'm taking lithium or abilify for the rest of my fucking life (which causes hypothyroidism, high blood pressure, seizures, kidney damage, liver damage, etc.)... or I take a hit of weed once or twice a day. It also turns me off from drinking. Which is good.

13. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    No bad vibes brother, thank you for being so candid :thumbsup:

14. Cowboy Killer

Cowboy Killer New Member New Member

Dec 19, 2009

I don't look down on people for what they choose to do to themselves, I try to understand why they do it try to help them when it comes to things like coke,heroin,speed and being an alcoholic.

I do more recreational like weed and I drink in moderation, and I do mushrooms and other hallucinogens about 3 times a year which i think is fine. The key to not destroying yourself with these type of things is MODERATION. Being drunk and high all the time just sux.

15. nathanvagrant

nathanvagrant Member New Member

Sep 21, 2009

some can handle it, some just can't. props to all those fellow functioning addicts!

EDIT: don't do crack that shit ain't cool to anyone

16. MadSwiller77

MadSwiller77 New Member New Member

Jan 7, 2010

all i do is smoke weed and drink . i feel no need for anything else especially fuckin heroin i hate that shit with a fuckin passion! ive lost a friend to that shit he od'd right in front of me when i was 12.its sad cause hes the one that helped me get into punk back then, then jsut to see him go like that was fuckin terrible and the worst part is years later i end up meeting a girl come to find out she does heroin shit sucks. bottom line FUCK JUNKIES!

17. divotfreely

divotfreely Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 4, 2009
     United States
    heroin is definitely a controller. i hopped around the country for about 5 years until making it up to the portland/seattle area. stayed up there doing dope for about 8 years-day in dazed the fuk out. stopped caring about playing music/going to shows/even started eating flesh again. it was a nice break from all the pain of caring about things like animals,politics and the environment, but it was a horrible existence in itself.

i gladly trade all those euphoric nites and dope sik mornings for what my mind constantly sees now=seeing animals crammed into cages and wanting to fire bomb the local slaughter house.

18. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    i'm starting to feel that the not so hard drugs are a bigger problem then the hard drugs. Mainly because people who like to drink and smoke pot outside of moderation tend to be less productive and lazy, and that is just what the government wants us to be.

19. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    [​IMG]

This is a picture of my best friend and comrade Luis Guerena. Today is the 6th aniversary of his death and I miss him dearly. Luis was an Anarcho-Communist and the most OG Punk I've ever known. He introduced me to many Punks over the years that turned into great friendships, including John Doe, Exene Cervanka, Joe Strummer, Paul Simonen, Iggy Pop, Johnny Thunders, Jello Biafra, Mad Marc Rude, Dee Dee Ramone, Giovanni from Raw Power, Henry Rollins, Dez Kadena, and on and on and on and on. Luis was a naturally charismatic man and would tell stories...."Did i ever tell you about the time the guys in Discharge (feel free to insert almost any Old school band you can think of) came to San Diego and ended up staying with me in Tijuana for 5 days...." then he would look you in the eyes to see if you believed him and if he thought even for a second that you didn't he would pull out the Photographs to prove it. Luis almost singlehandedly brought Punk Rock to Mexico and his influence there is immeasurable. He once played a show in Berlin to a crowd of about 35,000 with 'Tijuana No!' dressed as Uncle Sam with a Hitler mustache and went into a diatribe about Pete Wilson (then Governor of California) being the new Adolph Hitler, all the while seig heiling the enthralled German audience. There will never be another like him. Luis passed away in his sleep from a heart attack, from a lifetime of overindulging in drink and drugs. He was a founding member of Solucion Mortal, Tijuana No!, and Tijuanarquia.

:rock: :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :rock:

20. BlinkoChrist

BlinkoChrist Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 1, 2009

Im sorry for your loss man..... he really sounds like the coolest fucking guy ever

7 members have read this thread this month

1. Pandora warwick
  2. Red Menace
  3. LordManHammer
  4. punkmar77
  5. Ugh
  6. Charger Bullet
  7. Rumppan