Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Punks and Hard Drugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by punkmar77, Nov 30, 2009.

1. zakkman666

zakkman666 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 20, 2012

Myself I:
    Smoke my own rolled cigarettes (its 50-75% cheaper)
    Occasionally smoke weed (used to everyday but found all my favourite bands don't come to my city so I needed money for travel)
    Take a prescription for Cesamet (cannabinoid pill for anxiety and nausea)
    Take a prescription for Hydromorphone aka "drugstore heroin" (opiate painkiller for chronic pain after surgery)
    Occasionally enjoy some malt liquor (rock the 40oz LOL) or some cheap beer.
    I've also used Psilocybin Mushrooms 3 times and have enjoyed it every time. Tried Salvia Divinorum (10x Extract) once and HATED IT.

2. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    I can believe that!!!!! :thumbsup:

3. zakkman666

zakkman666 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 20, 2012

Forgot to mention I once got mugged by a speed freak (was my best friend of 5 years, then we lost contact for a year, ran into him in a mall, he was a totally different guy). Long story short never trust a kid with Justin Beiber Haircut who's aggressive and shaky.

4. morethanfights

morethanfights Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 10, 2012

hahahahahha ive said before, a tweaker will rape your dog and rob you blind

5. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    n then build you a space ship to a planet where speed grows on trees... haha

6. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Then there'll be something else lacking and they'll rob you for that.

7. xXZenyattaXx

xXZenyattaXx Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 29, 2012

So ummm.... I don't do drugs, or drink, or smoke, or anything really... and it's been like that for a while now (not forever). I do have rather strong opinions on it though so....

I grew up in a very alcoholic family - my mother, uncle, grandpa, brother, etc. were all drunks (mother especially) though grandpa is in AA now and hasn't touched anything in years, bless him. But yes, and I have very vivid, traumatic memories of my mother and brother drinking... and so I never drank much, but when I did it was always with the fear that I would become like they because alcoholism runs in families....

Since my childhood, I've come to know numerous people who drink even more than my brother and mother do, and they in turn added their own traumatic memories to the mix... it got to the point were I would go into a severe panic attack whenever I was around a drunk person, but I've managed to get over that for the most part. Though there are times when it all comes back and I get another fit....

I wasn't committed to not drinking or anything though, until one night after a particularly rambunctious party at this house I was staying at.... I had heard of being straightedge and found it mildly interesting, but it wasn't until then that I used the word. I looked at the layer of beer on the floor, the bottles and empty cans lying everywhere... the arguing, stupid drunk/high/whatever people... and decided that I loathed that part of the scene with a burning passion. So, I said, "What's the biggest fuck you I can project to these people?" and I grabbed a back marker and drew a black X on the back of each of my hands. Gave up caffeine, even tried being vegan for a while. Needless to say, their reactions were interesting...

Now, I do have some tea every now and then, still no beer or smoking or drugs really (except for medical purposes). Does that make me not sXe? I don't know or care really.... I've sorta feel weird about using the term to describe me, I don't typically take well to labels and sXe has it's own bits of nastiness, as I later found out.

Even now it's hard, because I'm basically the only person I know who doesn't do that stuff... and the gulf between me and my peers is vast, painful, and hard to manage. I'm some kind of freak to everyone who can't even manage to fathom why a person would choose not to use chemical inebriates, not even pot....

Oh, but to drink in this scene is to drink excessively. There's no middle ground. Most people I know spend their lives either drinking on a couch or searching for their next bottle. The conversations go like this -

Every.
    Single.
    Fucking.
    Day.

If there's nothing in your head but drugs you've got a problem.

.....what's really bad though, is fucking heroin. Stay the fuck away from that shit. I know/have known some junkies... and there's this one dude who I like a lot, but every time I see him I think "Oh good, you're not dead yet." Sadface...

8. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Well, I don't do any drugs and I'm glad it's that way. Too bad I'm one of maybe two guys in my town who are drug-free :D. Kinda sad... Czech people are well known for beer drinking...and they're proud of it :D. I just don't get it... but yeah, everyone's choice :).

9. Punkreas

Punkreas Member New Member

Oct 8, 2012

I've tried all kinds of drugs. I even smoked heroin. (Yes, it's possible) Now I only smoke weed and only on weekends. Don't drink, but smoke cigarettes. I feel much better and there's no more morning headaches.

10. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    I almost licked your avatar :lmao:

11. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

Its none of my business what others do but honestly I don't see the point. Its just as much escapism and being enslaved as if you were to watch tv. I keep hearing that I look like I like to get fucked up, but I'm a wimp when it comes to drugs. Now pot started freaking me out so I haven't smoked that for years.
    I only go on occasional beer binges now. Haha I can give myself mindfucks without sniffing glue.

12. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Yea, stay away from hard drugs and addictive drugs. I know what I'm talking about!

13. Sti

Sti Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 26, 2011

If you feel you need to do it, the idea is stop when You are chill enough to, ya know like don't fix it if it isn't broken. Addicts are shit most usually so you wanna stay from that but really everything is a product of life. I've done plenty and they can enlighten you and help you face shit you don't realize yer runnin from, and when you get off em your perception is always changed to the opposite of what the drug made you feel until your back and healthy for a long time. People are fucks and I wouldn't trust anyone's. but they kind of cultivate your mind, plenty people say ohh never do em but that's just cuz they or someone close to them didn't have the balls to take themselves seriously and be over with it when they ought to have. Where I'm from drugs are life and that's a fucking shit place to be and you end up calling people stupid stoners while your smoking with them so really it's all about you. Plenty people I know personally have been on this site probably fair enough to say addicted as hell. It's just like self pity or the lifestyle, to me punk is an alternative to being fucked up but it also brings a lot of people towards it so my official stance is your better off sorting your shit, finding different friends and doing some real shit you enjoy and being your real true self and at that point, drugs take the fun away. But life is all about adventure, and you can't adventure if your tied up. It's all about decriminalizing hemp tho, and a whole world of stoners would be total shit, I don't believe anyone does drugs for fun. But nobody should be blindly scared of something, except aids so no needles. Punks and hard drugs; to each his own but have some fucking self respect. No rule is the first rule is the paradox right? But if you have a bad experience spread the word, and expiramental drugs are shit don't take them.i was an addict when I was too young and I also did every kind of drug if I were to say I'm okay or fucked up, both would be a lie. But I am more free in the mind than anyone I know but also I'm more alone and misunderstood. I may never know if I'm an addict or not until I'm clean. I'm just addicted to not accepting how I feel, or in a roundabout way overtly accepting how I feel. Now I'm worlds away which is my only way of becoming close to a world that doesn't recognize it is empty maybe their the ones better off

14. Molotov Punk

Molotov Punk Member Forum Member

Nov 6, 2012

Window pane anyone? Nowadays is just the green herb for me...and booze of course!

15. morethanfights

morethanfights Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 10, 2012

hahaha it is no fun at all

16. anessen

anessen Active Member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

My vice is alcohol :(

Pro-tip, if you have trouble with anxiety or depression, do not self-medicate with drink. It does not work.

17. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

Not just that but it might make you psychotic. Depersonalization is no fun.

18. shizyninja

shizyninja Experienced Member Experienced member

Aug 27, 2012

What we need is sensible drug regulations. Honestly, I don't think anyone would want Heroine to be available at the corner liquor store. At the same time though, criminalizing a harmless drug like marijuana is pure nonsense. There are countless studies conducted which prove the affects are harmless. Colorado and Washington have de-criminalized. Who's next?

There was a comment earlier which advocated the legalization of all drugs. My question is: should using hard drugs be relegated to personal choice? and how should we (if at all) control them?

Tough question. If you've seen people destroyed by drugs (legal or not) it's always a depressingly pathetic sight.

19. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    I've had that before from smoking some killer weed. I couldn't tell the difference betrween my thoughts and reality.

20. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

:thumbsup:

7 members have read this thread this month

1. Pandora warwick
  2. Red Menace
  3. LordManHammer
  4. punkmar77
  5. Ugh
  6. Charger Bullet
  7. Rumppan