Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Punk Show Etiquette

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by dwtcos, Feb 28, 2010.

1. AtomicKhaos

AtomicKhaos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 16, 2009

im the guy that walks on your heads, and when you circle pit to the left... I GO TO THE RIGHT!!!!
    it depends how im feeling that day if i drink before and during the event, im always baked though...
    im always down to headbutt people in the torso, or just grab you and throw you out when the mood strikes me.
    fuck you if your going to pit for "fun"
    im going to try and kill you if i think your just going to fuck around and act false...

2. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

pfft 'hey look at this tool' ahahahahahahahaha

3. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

what's wrong with fun? I like fun...

4. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    how macho of you..... :lmao:

5. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

you sound like a douche bag that everyone hates at shows

6. LucidStrike

LucidStrike Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 1, 2009

Sober. Usually close to the artist(s)/stage. I hate moshing and usually have to protect people's faces from the recklessly flailing limbs of moshers and crowd surfers, who I have to help get up off the floor before they get trampled. That shit is annoyin' as fuck.

Why the punk community ever accepted or encouraged something as obnoxious as moshing is beyond me, but the punk community accepts/encourages a lot of stupid shit.

7. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

well then you'll never understand, do u get the irony of punk as well, jocks invented the hardcore dancing that caused a stir amongst the community but wat a surprise, 'if i can't dance' - emma goldman

ya also need! ta watch the decline of.....

8. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

You don't HAVE to pick them up, actually. You just think you do and as we say in Dutch: dat siert je (hard to translate, but sier means to be adorned with something pretty or beautiful. Dat = that, siert = form of the verb sier and je = you).

9. LucidStrike

LucidStrike Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 1, 2009

If I've any manner of integrity, I'm pretty much obligated by my principles, and it's just in my nature. It's not helping people that annoys me. It's moshing itself.

There should be like mosh sections, venues, or shows, so that consenting moshers can mosh themselves senseless, while others can enjoy the show without much worry about a foot to the face. Safety concerns and perceptions of machismo aside, my real issue with moshing as it exists is a matter of consent.

10. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Moshing should NOT include kicking, if you ask me, but I'll call it slam-dancing for now (what I DO mean).
    I enjoy slam-dancing a lot and apologise to people I accidentally hit that are not involved, hell I'll step away from a good time (in my eyes) to do so.
    At hardcore shows however, I tend to do the same as you, though I also tend to push people back into the pit (a bit too hard) when they're trying to 'involve' bystanders.

11. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

My drinking varies at shows...mainly because I drive my mate's band gear about so I try not to have enough to keep me away from the wheel, but I sweat it all out in the pit.

Got punched a few times a while ago at a gig by some shithead who was tweeked beyond belief. So in the pit we all took turns in elbowing the stupid prick and slaming him so he would stop trying to punch people out. He punched somebody in the courtyard after the set had finished for whatever reason, some large doormen got to him before my pint glass did which is probably a good thing.

He was some lanky fuckstick in a Metallica tshirt and blonde faux-hawk from Geelong (if you don't live in Melbourne, think of it like a former seaside boomtown turned to shit an hour drive out of the state capital).

Anyhow...moshing is heaps of fun and I dont mind the push and shove but for fuck's sake keep your head screwed on and don't try to knock everybody elses off.

12. QueerPunk

Dec 29, 2009

This is why I wear steel-toed boots...to kick any motherfucker who goes in to fuck people up.

13. QueerPunk

Dec 29, 2009

My mates who are their own band pull me and the rest of our crew to the front of the stage if they are not on doing a set to make sure we are supporting the other bands. Usually ends up with some of us rushing the stage or bent over the floor speakers soaked in beer. If most of the bands are Riot Grrl bands then my mates usually end up flashing their tits at the stage at the other bands...always makes me laugh.

Those gigs tend to end up in a "stacks on" kinda situation.

14. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

still atomic khaos is a shit bag !!!

15. Axehandle Mountain

Axehandle Mountain Active Member Forum Member

Feb 26, 2010

If I'm at a show, I'm probably drinkin'. I'm a sideliner most of the time, but if it's a band I'm really into I sometimes become the drunken pit-dick. I normally try to be right near the stage when any band plays, because bands appreciate when people actually watch them if they aren't moving around, rather than being in the shadows towards the back or sides of the room.

16. Axehandle Mountain

Axehandle Mountain Active Member Forum Member

Feb 26, 2010

Also, given the right environment and band, there's nothing in the world better than an overly violent pit full of sweaty, angsty punx.

17. AtomicKhaos

AtomicKhaos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 16, 2009

i love how you people put Punk and Edtiqette next to each other, you guys are fucking lame...

18. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

Definition of etiquette provided by the almighty Wiki.
    Punks are nothing more than a social group and most definitely have there own code of behavior, which for you, may contain being an ass.

19. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    appearently being a punk in his opinion means calling gays "fucking faggots" accoring to his post in that capitalist casualites,/verbal assault thread.

20. QueerPunk

Dec 29, 2009

I would pay some good beers to the couple of Queers who would sink their boots into that fuckwit's head at a show.