Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

'Punk Rock, Mental Illness and Recovery' (a talk) New England

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UPHEAVAL.FANZINE, Nov 9, 2012.

1. UPHEAVAL.FANZINE

UPHEAVAL.FANZINE Active Member Forum Member

Aug 2, 2010

Is there anyone interested (or know someone who would be) in setting up my 'Punk Rock, Mental Illness and Recovery' talk anywhere in New England? I am interested in speaking in Massachusetts (Cape Cod, the South Shore, the North Shore, Western MA, Springfield), anywhere in New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine and Connecticut). I am planning these events for January/February to May. I will speak in libraries, record stores, cafes, activist spaces, universities, living rooms, etc. I tell my recovery story from a lifetime of mental illness while also being a part of the punk rock community since the late 80's. Please let me know or share with your friends/interested peoples. Thank you. punx.in.recoveryATgmailDOTcom

This talk is relevant to anyone struggling with their mental health. It is meant to empower people, inspire people, destroy stigma and spread the concept and reality of recovery.

2. anessen

anessen Active Member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

That is very interesting and potentially very useful, but I live in the wrong England :(

3. UPHEAVAL.FANZINE

Aug 2, 2010

In the future I plan on visiting the UK and Europe to travel and speak. I have a book coming out titled "You're Crazy" and it includes several dozen first hand accounts of people from the punk community who deal with mental illness and/or addictions. Once the book is out, I plan to travel the world giving my talk and promoting the book. There will also be subsequent volumes of "You're Crazy" so more contributors will be needed come next year.

4. CrustCat

CrustCat Active Member Forum Member

Nov 12, 2012

I live in New England, but not the areas you are scoping. If you ever plan to cross the Bristol County area of Mass (or the Rhode Inland area besides it) than perhaps I can be of use.
    I also realize this post is 2 months old and you may not be active on this site anymore :(

5. UPHEAVAL.FANZINE

Aug 2, 2010

Hello. I would definitely love to come to the Bristol country area to speak. Please write me at punx.in.recoveryATgmailDOT.com and we can discuss the event more, Thank you for your response. I sent you this as a private message as well. Take care - Craig

6. UPHEAVAL.FANZINE

Aug 2, 2010

Still looking for more contacts. Please get in touch.

7. UPHEAVAL.FANZINE

Aug 2, 2010

Still looking for event organizers. Get in touch please.

8. nmara

nmara Active Member Forum Member

Dec 1, 2012

man id love for you to come to the Lowell Memorial Auditorium , im a high school student at greater lowell and a group of students at my school got an author they like to go and it was a huge hit, if your interested id love for you to email me at nmgamer@yahoo.com.

9. UPHEAVAL.FANZINE

Aug 2, 2010

Thank you very much. It sounds great! I will write to you tomorrow. thanks and good night.

10. UPHEAVAL.FANZINE

Aug 2, 2010

contacts and event organizers please get in touch.

11. AnarchoStreetTrash84

AnarchoStreetTrash84 Active Member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2011

If you plan to run through Pennsylvania in the future let me know. Sounds interesting what you are doing.

12. UPHEAVAL.FANZINE

Aug 2, 2010

13. LaLucha

LaLucha Active Member Forum Member

Jan 2, 2013

That would make a really awesome TED presentation. If you don't know what TED talks are, look them up. Extremely inspiring videos.

14. UPHEAVAL.FANZINE

Aug 2, 2010

Thank you very much! I checked TED out!! very cool.

15. UPHEAVAL.FANZINE

Aug 2, 2010

Still looking for contacts, event organizers and interested people. Please get in touch.