Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Punk Radio Show

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChaosUK, Apr 11, 2011.

1. ChaosUK

ChaosUK Active Member Forum Member

Apr 9, 2011

So, as addressed in an early thread, I need to stop doing nothing when it comes to promoting Anarchy and advocate my Freedom of Speech. So it took me a minute (and a couple of PM's) to figure out what I should do and i'm a complete idiot for not mentioning this; I'm part of a Radio Station. Here in Plymouth, there's a student run Radio Station which I join last year, and i totally forgot that I'm applying for a Specialty show. This specialty show is going to be devoted to Punk, Hardcore, Crust, Grind, and PV. Now, since it is going to be all Punk Rawk and I don't have a co-host, I essentially get all the talk breaks to myself (so I get 5-7 minutes to talk about what-the-fuck-ever).

Since I this is a Punk and Anarchy forum, i felt the need to address this matter that me being a Punk am getting 60min a week to play punk, 20 of which I can talk. So I believe you guys can pitch in to this idea of this Show also being a promotion of Anarchist Ideals, Acts, and so on.

So, if anyone wants to pitch in an idea, A band which should be played, ideals I should mention, or pretty much anything. PLEASE! tell me. I'm willing to link what's on the Playlist so far (Last time I worked on it, I had 490 songs) and I will the second I find the txt file.

But so, does anyone have any ideas?

2. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

I'm guessing you need more help with the in between talking bits than the music.

If that is the case I'd probably suggest maybe you talk about local things that interest you. Especially in the context of student radio, maybe (i assume yr a student too..) student issues.

BTW, interviewing ppl makes things often both more interesting and easier for you, it puts the onus of creating content onto someone else, lol ;)
    Maybe you could refer to the anarchist yellow pages and get someone on from a local anarchist group, or for that matter any local activist or punk groups that you like. If yr in the middle of nowhere, and such suggestions are unworkable, then... umm... :ecouteurs:

3. ChaosUK

ChaosUK Active Member Forum Member

Apr 9, 2011

The List So Far

I realised that I'm missing a lot of bands (Rudimentary Peni, GISM, After the Bombs, Gorilla Biscuits, etc.), but please recommend bands that I should add. Lastly on music, you would be awesome to actually help me sort out the songs on the albums you suggest (not telling you to, It would just save me time). The Rules on music (as in FCC rules) is nothing Profane, Gruesome, Sexual, Drug-related, A call to Illegal Activity (As in calling for violence, or calling to kill a specific person), nothing that terribly deforms someone character (MDC - John Wayne Was a Nazi), and no Innuendo (FEAR - Beef Bologna) (BUT the first 5 are the ones that actually matter)

Also, the Station is a non-profit organization, so we can't really promote anything business related (interviews are ok though, but shit like calls to actions and pricing aren't allowed).

So please, Recommend Away!

4. SOADcore

SOADcore Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 29, 2011

Be sure to make sure that Anarchy =/= Peace.

5. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    .....then it is a golden opportunity to get the ball rolling and help to organize your community in some constructive manner.

6. SOADcore

SOADcore Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 29, 2011

Err... I meant Anarchy=/=Chaos.

:lmao: