Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Punk is dead?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by punkdude, Aug 27, 2009.

1. punkbogota

punkbogota New Member New Member

Jun 15, 2011

in my couple the punk in the case of South America is still valid in the case of Bogota, Colombia where I live punk scene is very variable are purely anarcho punk bands, ay ultimante apolitical groups have proliferated enough, but if the scene can this still alive desir not as much as I wanted, but alive!! o_O

2. Devotchka

Devotchka Member Forum Member

Jun 17, 2011

Punk is dead, but its origins as an opposition still live on. The movement is scattered and a lot of the kids shouting ANARCHY! in the streets don't mean it, but the substance, what it really means, still struggles to pierce in the underground.

3. RnRDangerAlways

RnRDangerAlways New Member New Member

Jul 20, 2011

It's nor dead or alive, it is all just entertainment bullshit to keep us productive while we are here on earth, you know just for the sake of doing something.

4. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

Punk is dead to the youth of the period, because they spend to much time on fashion, and hair, and clothing, and they do not really like their music, but they listen to it anyway just to be "cool". The record companies will try to kill punk, but punk will never really die as long as there is an underground.

Hating Emos and Hippies is stupid, but I do hate Scenesters, and Hipsters.

5. ViciousCesar!

ViciousCesar! Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 27, 2011

Dead. Not Dead. Does it really matter? We ain't going anywhere either fucking way.

6. pookie

pookie New Member New Member

Jul 31, 2011

"punk's not dead, it just deserves to die" -DK

No matter how the mainstream changes, there will always be those that can't identify with it and refuse to embrace it. as long as there's an antisocial with a guitar there will always be punk rock.

...this being said, they are selling ramones t-shirts at wal mart. fuuuuuuuck me.