Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

punk & fashion

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by punkerfucker, Nov 26, 2009.

1. punkerfucker

punkerfucker Active Member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2009

dude im sick of people who like to look really punk but know nothing about it...

just like to dressup but didnt really into it or even know about the musics and shit...

well wht do u think?

2. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

*shrugs* people could easily write me off as one of those.
    I'd wanted a blue mohawk from age 13, back when I was raised on Golden Earring, Queen, Bon Jovi and Meat Loaf.
    Then when I 'discovered' punk I decided the time was ripe and got one.
    So yeah, I dunno, we might be able to 'salvage' some of 'em, lol.

3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    You can walk in to any Hot Topic a complete square and with enough money you can walk out in zips, creepers or boots, an Anarchy t-shirt and bondage gear, does this make you a punk? Absolutely not. On the other hand it might introduce you to punk and true punks and maybe, just maybe, you will be properly Infected. Posing and Punk go hand in hand and that will probably always be so, but as a marginalized community it is up to us who we embrace and who we don't. Punk is all inclusive, although some of the sub genres of this community cannot be because of the nature of the activities. As an old punk I try to be understanding of the kids who at least show interest, and try to teach and show them what I know to be Punk. Fashion should be an afterthought to the music, and the D.I.Y. and Anarchist ethic.

4. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Whats even worse is the Uber punks
    the "Im more punk than you" kind of people
    fuckin' elitist punk assholes
    all they do is drive people away from the scene

5. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

lets not chuck labels as it were its drives peolpe away from the scene huha, word punkmar

Never Accept The Bullshit

6. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    i'm happy with how i look, and i look very unpunk except for the occasional band shit i'll wear. i don't wear patches, leather, bondage gear, spikes, my hair is normal colored. I don't even care if people don't think i'm punk. It's a state of mind more then a fashion to me. And most the so called punk bands li like didn't dress punk anyways. Look at pictures of crass and most the bands from that scene, and other then hair dye, they didn't dress a whole lot like so called street punks or anything. Does that mean they have less credibility? (if u answer yes, then I pity you).

7. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

yes, nothing wrong with it but its not everything and try to ignore those who tell you otherwise either way, thats the issue though as it is in the mind literally to me, lotsa people r biased as round ere and they've taken over the scene, they should call the scene 'fighting ya friends' - narcism maybe or coopted but if u tryed to argue that u wud lose, so make the change, i guess i'm an art and music fan first before a punk fan even though i lovvve punk etc

8. GFSM

GFSM Experienced Member Experienced member

Oct 25, 2009

when the modern punk music culture started it was so anti-fashion it makes it hilarious "punk" is defined more on your mohawk (or whatever) than what you do with your life. while i sincerely love the "punk-as-fuck" look, i wish some people would realize that dressing the part don't make you punk at all. and nor does what music you listen to.

9. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Well, i know im punk as fuck so fuck the lot of ya! :rock:

10. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Posers are everywhere. In the skinhead scene, in the hardcore scene, in the hiphop scene..... and even in anarchism movement

11. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

yes a mandate would sort that out, too many bloody rules, don't eat this, don't say that, don't drink this, don't wear that, umm thats treehouse mentality and plays right into the hands of...

12. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    you know if you look at old crowd scenes at 'Core shows, Punk and even Oi, the crowds are never uniform, you have a little bit of everything and it was great, nerds, squares, hippies, skaters, thrashers, metalheads, dirtheads, teddy boys, skinheads, mohawks, liberty spikers, crusts, devils lockers, cons, thieves, dope fiends, straight edgers, mods, etc... personally I don't want to preach to the choir, I'd rather pull people in than push people out.

! HERMANDAD ANARQUISTA !

13. meansofexistence

meansofexistence Active Member Forum Member

Sep 13, 2009

everyone here was at one time a poser. nobody was born with the knowledge of how to really be "punk". it is taught to you, or learned on your own.

to say that you hate kids because they "look punk but don't know what the fuck they are talking about" makes you sound like an elitist prick. at least they are trying. i understand that the majority of them will probably drop the "scene" as soon as something else interests them, but the ones that remain will be the ones to continue our struggle.

in fact, Contravene wrote a song about this called "Insecurity"

So you've paid your dues and stood your ground, much longer than most have been around.
    You think they all owe you respect and should praise your superior intellect.
    I'm sick of all the token lines
    "Stupid kid has no mind"
    "He's only 14, he has no clue"
    "He won't stick around cause he's way too new"

So you've paid your dues, but what for? Sticking around to uphold the score?
    Maybe you should give them a chance to "succeed", maybe you'll talk to them and do a "good deed"
    "She's just here to pick up guys"
    "I saw his parents drop him off tonight"
    "I've never seen them at a show before, I wonder what they came here for?"

Your arrogance is out of control, you think you can decide who will stay and who will go.
    Who can join the club is up to you, after all you've paid your dues - after all.

But until they too have paid their dues
    Until they are no longer "children" and no longer "new"
    Until they all agree with your views.......

NOBODY OWES YOU!

14. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

its called mutual respect and i will inform/not lecture a kid how it is if they know nada or no care cause even if they don't listen it may get in some day cause i give a fuck and it is important or else why would ya do it, i ain't an after the 80's individualist ie: a 'crapitalist' punk - oxy moron, its called the circle of life, think dawrin talked about that shiz

allota punks were peered by other punks due to circumstance,

if kids can get in, oldies can have a moan but complete apathy i will not allow cause it ain't punk - get out, or we move out and move on to bigger and better things away from 'the scene' cause we were never seen

I won't allow the system to be the education of the refugee masses, its called survival and 'artists' are vicious beasts haha

15. j4v13r4o1

j4v13r4o1 Member New Member

Dec 2, 2009

Punk is about being different and being yourself. As long as you are yourself it doesn't matter if you dress "punk".

16. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

yes most defetnaly i was a poser for the hip hop scene befor i got into punk

17. Wonder138

Dec 2, 2009

my skool is full of rich kids that don't know what punk is thay hate me cause im different or thay love me cause of that its like i dont need to dress punk to prove im punk i wear leather jacket with patches studs plaid pants combat boots i have a Mohawk but at the same i know im punk and don't need to dress like that its my way of being an indaveugle if every one was wearing what i wear id be different it my way of rebelling thay judge because im not dressed like the society but beacuse thay dont know punk or not many of them do thay either think im emo or just wired i dont rely care to much cus i know what im thinking but i do wonder what thay see(the pist lol) i hate to see posers it pisses me off so much cuase its just ruing are lifestyle and giving it a bad name no one rely knows what punk is in houston,texas but i still do my part by not confmoing to there little clicks the poser will just fade away but are ideas will live on if we keep fighting for what we belive thats jsut how i see it
    wow i kinda sound retarded in that paragraph dint expect to type that much oh well

18. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    it's all good, i was a bit of a hessian and a grunge rocker before i got into punk.

19. Wonder138

Dec 2, 2009

i like this site you guys are BAD ASS

20. Extinction

Extinction Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 1, 2009

I used to be a complete fashion Casualties punkcore dude when I first started in punk, then I realized it's about the music and the ideals, not the fashion. I still proudly wear my studded vest and combat boots, but I do so now with a purpose!! \m/