Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Punk Band? HELP!

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by trevor9849, Oct 22, 2010.

1. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

With my first band we tried to play an uptempo version of this "andy warhol silver screen" song, howling like a pack of wolves at full moon... and a mate and me were fired from working for UPS in the evening - because we practiced the chorus while throwing around packages all the time... but I never got into his later stuff.
    "Rough Trade" from Stiff Little Fingers was an early favorite of mine too, but capitalism lurks everywhere, so I think the least support is the best, I work 48 hours per week, because I must to keep my boss' business running and the job is ok most of the time, but I would die of shame working for a bank or insurance company, dressed up and combed for business... :ecouteurs:

2. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    i don't think it matters what you listen as long as you aren't under the false pretense that by supporting corporate music, you are supporting their machine. Even if you use the arguement that you downloaded it for free, you are still keeping it alive and potentially making other people hear it who may buy into it. Once you accept this though, then go ahead and listen to whatever if your consicous is ok with it (mine is for the record. Hence my love for bands like the pogues, nick cave, leonard cohen, etc. But a i accept that they are sellouts, and i may be too for listening to them, but you know what, no one is perfect, so to each their own.

3. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

And i suppose you personally dictate the aims and principles of what punk and anarchy is right??

4. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

Anxiety69:
    I think most of us listens to commercial artist's (i love Leonard Cohen and Nick Cave too for example).
    Also, i listen to Ramones and Sex Pistols together with Crass, Rudimentary Peni, Subhumans etc., but i'm well aware that Ramones and Sex Pistols are, and always have been commercial artist's.

It bothers me how people always talk of Sex Pistols as if they were a modern anti-capitalist band gone mainstream. They were commercial all the way!
    And if you listen to Sex Pistols and think you've got some underground band releasing DIY 7" records, you've got a wrong impression, and a wrong basis for understanding the band in my opinion.

5. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

oh, favorite rock star, please don't take this personal:

Look out, lookout it's all around
    it seems like the only job in town here it is in 1996,
    you'd think everybody'd be sick of this bullshit
    But we're not, we just want to smoke pot
    You can kiss my ass just give me some grass
    Do it yourself means do it for me,
    i don't' give a shit just get my video on MTV
    You know exactly what you want,
    so don't hide your greed behind me
    Just own it you little slacker fuck,
    didn't you hear, there's no free money
    It's not magic it's work, yeah it's cool and it's work
    And it can feel like a choice between pleasure and existence

team dresch are really evil oppressors too... for there isn't a world beyond the horizont of the music press?

6. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

Grass is totally counter revo, its all about speed man

7. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

p.s i forgot to mention: Totally Un-punx

8. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

any advice about WHO KILLED BAMBI?
    pleeeeaaaase, just in case i ever grow up...

9. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

"Eat me", the poisoned apple said, "and I will forego any further retribution..." :ecouteurs:
    & and bambi just had an fender-bender (it's american I've been told, great skapunk!)

10. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

I killed the fucker, just like ET

11. trevor9849

trevor9849 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 12, 2010

Thank you to the ones who werent assholes... but will you guys please stop bitching and help me find a drummer and a bass player for my band?!

12. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

if you guys didn't listen to the music you listen to i bet veg barb would play syncopated cowbell or something.
    he's from buffalo and he's always bitching about it.
    now i know why :p

13. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    duh, get a drum machine and synth :p j/k maybe (it's what i use in lieu of actual people... but i'm special like that :lmao:

14. trevor9849

trevor9849 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 12, 2010

You said no one is a perfect Anarchist so why do you criticise me? You don't have to like The Unseen or The Casualties, but just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're not Anarchists or not Punk Rock. I also never said I didn't like more underground bands, I said the bands that I was influenced by... The bands I heard first when I originally just started to like Punk. Those were bands that when I watched live videos of them up on stage I thought to myself " Hey, thats what I wanna do". You also said you listen to "Non Anarcho" or sell out bands too and I wasn't going to give a list of all the Punk bands I like or was influenced by. If you don't like these bands then give me some examples of better bands to listen to because I am always curious and I'm always open minded and looking for more Punk bands to listen to. I believe in Anarchy and I believe in "the Revolution", so if you do too then stop arguing so we can change what we hate. Isn't Punk also about Unity?

15. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

Yes, but unity doesn't grow on trees, neither do drummers, and I think

and:
    were the best advise you could have got (horrible inglish), drummers need too much expensive equipment, so there is a deficit of them worldwide. I did some performing on the street with voice and guitar in the past, good way to become more professional about doing in in the public - and I still like ol'Billy Bragg too, yes, I know he's a communist and a sell-out too (don't really know if he's a sellout), but who know's - maybe it's an alternative in times where drummers are a dying breed.

Sorry for the "bitching" - but sometimes it's hard to tolerate this or that, I still have to recover from statements like "modern organized anarchism is a fucking joke", so I should counter with:
    "Modern organized anarchism is a rare marvel, but paying 300 for a rare vinyl IS a fucking joke."
    But I don't do it, because our favorite rock star already confessed ET and bambi too and apoligized for something unnecessary, because the catalogue comment was indeed directed on him too - but it's only talking on the internet and no fucking ideologix war - so everybody taking part gives his or hers point of view, everybody might make up his own mind and maybe one fine day we have unity and drummers and truth about bambis fate too.
    Again, I would like to, but I can't, at least not right now, but as mentioned before: Use the time untill...

16. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

First the unseen and casualties are punk ( kinda) but defenitely not anarcho, or have some anarcho-ideas. Why do you keep writting punk with capital letter ? And yeah, I was laughing at your statment "Iam an Anarchist guy" becouse it really sounds like you are trying to prove that you are anarhist, i dont fucking care what are you, as long as you stand for freedom. Where did I say that im "open minded " and better anarchist then you ? I agree with your last sentence, fighting against system, then making changes in "sold out " music, attacking my own scene isnt the best idea. Its just strange that you were influenced with clash and crass (just an example)...my band, on which im working, isnt influenced by someone, but by something. by idea of freedom. yeah, i know you are going to say "you are fucking stupid, you have to have an influence". yeah, well, i have but its not a band.

17. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

cute, favorite poet, i will call you William Bloke from now on and i wanna ask you if i can have it - for my collection of famous quotes on ap.net - na, i will take it anyhow...

Bakica, that's one thing i like most about crass' "old" attitude: holding up the mirror if the scene needs to be shown what became of "punk" - critisizm may turn into bitching, but that doesn't mean it isn't true or necessary.
    and, because it's still a priceless marvel from the crass remastered topic:

18. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

Stay tuned for my darkwave/post punk project in the works this december (Sisters of Mercy, The Mob, Rudimentary Peni, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Killing Joke, Christian Death and Bauhaus eat your heart out)

Have money need vinyl...
    haha favourite rock star indeed... <3 I'm beginning to sense a pattern here

19. Dennis117

Dennis117 New Member New Member

Oct 11, 2010

You are right the ramones were very sterotype and ive been refusing to belive it and now i understand what punk really is not some punk like posers like the unseen who all they care about is makeing money and haveing the fame and glory i now respect you and uve showed me what true punk is about

20. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

[​IMG]