Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Public utilities and anarchism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bakica, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Hey there,
    I've been off for some time because I didn't have internet ( I still don't have it :) ). I need some information which I can't find on internet or I'm just not looking good enough. Public utilities ( called public owned services on my language ) are being privatizated in my country (water, garbage, electricity etc. ). What we need is a good example of well-organized control over public utilities by workers / anarchists. I started digging some information from '36, Spain, but i couldn't find any useful information on for example how the garbage was handled ( I've read Orwels Homage to Catalonia, and there is some information on CNT and how they controled phone stations and other public services but Orwel didn't really describe that into details or my memory sucks ) . I've heard that some Greece workers organized small groups of people to take care of garbage but I couldn't find any real information. Any help that is connected with this topic is appreciated. Cheers.