Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Privyet

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by Hume-Mill-Ity, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Hume-Mill-Ity

Hume-Mill-Ity Member Forum Member

Feb 19, 2010

I am Oliver, a 21 year old who is slightly lost in the ridiculousness of Western society. And not lost in a stupid goth or emo kind of way. I studied Politics, Philosophy and Economics in England, and may currently be considered a traitor. Oh, I still hold to my beliefs, but I am sort of in the system. Not any kind of government, I would never stoop so low, but I am working for various NGO's.

Right now I am working for the OSCE in an ex-soviet country. The OSCE is an incredibly wasteful place, of not much use, but they do get some stuff done, all very gradually helping the country move to a more liberal situation. But it has to be too diplomatic for its own good.

Soon I will work for the Internatinal organisation for migration. It attempts to fight human trafficking and enable migration for those in need. I don't know how efficient they are yet.

Most real-time politics makes me laugh, with a sickened undertone. I studied economics, but only to better understand what is fucking things up all over.

What makes me a traitor though is that while I see limited effect given time and money invested in NGO's, I also see limited effect in demonstrations and the like, at least in most "developed" countries; they somehow seem more like afternoon activities. So I will use my background to get into a position where I can affect some of these NGO's to make a difference in "less developed" countries, by helping and strengthening civil society especially from a grass roots level, and make some of these fucked up ex-Sopviet and African governments more accountable to the people they are meant to serve and not subjugate. Will it work? Who knows, but someone's gotta try.

Music-wise I'm not sure I listen to much Anarcho Punk. My favourite bands include Bad religion, Anti-Flag, NOFX, Dropkick Murphys, Gogol Bordello, Against Me!, Real McKenzies and a whole host of german punk bands. So if you guys have any good suggestions for Anarcho punk, please let me know, I currently have a wide selecetion of over 100GB of punk music from a good friend who is a lot more integrated into the punk scene.

2. statuliber

statuliber Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 13, 2009

well of course I would suggest Crass, but I think u already know them and either u like them... or not.

a traitor... I see.. well blow it up