Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Patriotism under anarchistic system?

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by Utopian, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Utopian

UtopianExperienced Member Experienced member

Jun 9, 2012

Stupid question,but i need smart answer.

p.s: im very anti-patriotic i even dont know our national hymn and people fucking despise me cuz of that pleas explain

2. apples&onions

apples&onionsExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2012

Fuck nationalism... there is you answer. And fuck systemic organization. Fuck hierarchy. Fuck coercive power.

3. apples&onions

apples&onionsExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2012

I like you already, you are very honest and eager to learn. You'll get along well here I think. You will learn much, but don't forget to think critically and be your own teacher.

4. Utopian

UtopianExperienced Member Experienced member

Jun 9, 2012

:lmao: yea i agree with this

p.s: thanks :D

5. kyledewolf85

kyledewolf85Member New Member

May 10, 2020
    Male
    New York, United States United States
    I served in the military and I was exposed to a lot of enforced patriotic displays. The result is that I feel rather jaded about patriotism. However, I still meet a lot of veterans who are caught up in the nostalgia of patriotism and many simple folks for whom burning the flag is the ultimate sacrilege. Just to be charitable, I would say that it is an expression of their desire to be part of a wider community and a cause that is greater than themselves. The state has been pushing patriotism as a way to build loyalty and support among the masses for a long time. Sometimes, I question whether patriotism could be turned against the state, but patriotism will always be limited and limiting as long as people are still identifying with the borders of a nation-state as defined by a government that exercises a monopoly on the use of force within a given territory. However, as a question of sheer politic, I have found it useful to say on occasion that I love my country and only hate my government and that there is a difference between the two things, in order to gain a fair hearing from those who feel alienated from the government but for whom patriotism is still a motivating factor.

4 members have read this thread this month

1. kyledewolf85
  2. Red Menace
  3. CULTO DEL CARGO
  4. punkmar77