Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Pat "the bunny" Schneeweis

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Max_Devious, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Max_Devious

Max_Devious New Member New Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Male
    Boston, MA, United States  United States
    Since he "retired" from playing music almost 2 years ago its been very hard to track down any info on one of my all time favorite musicians. His music has touched alot of people. I was very into heroin for a long time and now that i'm starting to finally lose interest in it after 10 years of using im starting to get into his post Johnny Hobo stuff. When i first found out about Johnny Hobo i was getting high alot and drinking as often as i could (any thing leftover after a $40 of dope). This was probably around the same time he was in rehab and i was still about 18. When i heard he started Ramshackle Glory i tried listening to it, decided he went straight edge and soft and didnt give it a chance. In the last week i've listened to every thing he ever released after Johnny Hobo Is Dead! and in a more mature mindset.
    I'd like to know if anyone knows whats up with him nowadays. I'd assume he got a shitty job in a place where people like us can work (like a warehouse) and is just getting by. I finally saw a therapist yesterday at my suboxone clinic after years of onetime and im out sessions and she asked me what my perfect day would be like.. I asked her if she was familiar with the song by lou reed. "See animals in the zoo, then maybe a movie too, and then home"//
    Point being a perfect day for someone who suffers from mental illness and addiction as a means to protect ones self in a way.. a perfect day is mundane.. normal..
    after years of just listening to his music focusing on getting drunk enough to forget how fucked up you are he stated realizing a deeper truth about like and philosophy.
    I understood why he distanced himself from the punk scene but any music he made i would gladly listen to. He's someone i have a strong intention of meeting or at least talking to.
    Just babeling probably but if anyone has info leave it here.
    Thanks

2. regularsizedthom

regularsizedthom New Member New Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Male
    Nova Scotia, Canada  Canada
    The last I heard Pat had pretty well left the anarcho-punk scene after that split he released with Ceschi (did I spell that right?) He stated that he's probably going to keep making music however, anything he releases will probably be vastly different from anything he's done before. I also read (it might have been on his bandcamp) that he was learning trumpet. I'm holding out for a Pat Schneeweis brass ensemble personally.