Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Owning weapons

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by SurgeryXdisaster, Oct 27, 2009.

1. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Guns are designed with one purpose and one purpose only...for killing things (people may use them for shooting at paper targets as a sport or trap or clay pidgeon shooting etc but the original intent is still to kill things with). People have guns in their homes to what...protect property. If there is no property in the anarchist society...would there be the need for guns? Could you have a moratorium on guns while they were collected and disposed of...on that many guns, unlikely. Could you abolish gun makers....I personally don't know. Would it still be acceptable to own guns for hunting...again unknown. There are many questions that go unanswered. My personal opinion and it is my personal opinion only, I don't like guns, I don't believe there is any need for the general public to own guns. Guns and the people wielding them (not the general public but law enforcement agencies) oppress people.

2. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

i make Molotov's alot cause i like playing with fire and i have a switchblade and if theirs a zombie apocalypse or a apocalypse in general then ya i want some fucking guns

Molotov's are fun to make, its also fun to make Napalm, which is actually quite easy.

3. drfaustxxx

drfaustxxx Active Member Forum Member

May 1, 2010

I have always had trouble with my opinions on weapon legislation. It seems to me it would depend entirely on the situation and the culture of the area it is being put into place. I believe people do have the right to have the means of self preservation but that effects everyone around them when they infringe on others rights to self preservation.

4. bgrass

bgrass Experienced Member Experienced member

Apr 11, 2010

Weapons are a mix of resources and labor. So tell Me how someone who believes in no rulers can effectively rule over someone else in order to control what resources they can gather or how they can apply their labor?

5. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Well, if your living in an organized community, these tasks im sure will be handled accordingly, probably with a people vote.

6. bgrass

Apr 11, 2010

Right now I'm living in an organized community (the USA), my tasks are being handled accordingly (compelled labor, so many assumptions of ownership over the individual you can't understand, literally I couldn't tell you how many laws there are), and its all done with a peoples vote (with constitutionally limited authority no less). Fuck that shit, when the community controls your actions that are not harming anyone, no matter by what means, your a slave. Fuck that.

7. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    bgrass, so your point is that weapons are not harming anyone ??

and before you answer me with a lord-of-war-sounding quote like "it's not the weapons that kills but the peoples using them"

then may i ask you

can i buy a nuclear bomb and keep it in my garage as long as i don't use it ?

anyway like you said... the community shouldn't have control over that, or else we're all slaves !

;)

I hear this quote so often..

i don't know if you guys realize that this quote originally comes from Viktor Bout, the biggest weapons dealer of the earth, a lord of war who inspired the movie of the same name, a person who used quotes like this to deresponsabilize himself from taking parts in various conflicts all over the world only to make money.... It's not the kind of person i would quote to back up a point on owning and selling weapons, especially considering that he used his quote to deresponsabilise himself about what the persons have commited with the weapons he sold to them...

So i'm not sure but does that means that you guys believe weapons should be sold in an anarchist society ?

8. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

Very fitting, the song that just started playing when i opened this thread is Nirvana's Come as you are (you know with the line "no i don't have a gun..."). I sure don't have. Don't want one. If needed i do know i can shoot quite allright, i have tried a few firearms from small pistols, rifles and an AK4 once. All in very legal situations i might add, even in school when i took a preparationcourse for a huntinglicense (it was a chill course and i never took the license). I do kinda have a fancy for shooting but never on anything alive of cause but i think it's probably for the best i don't have one.

9. bgrass

Apr 11, 2010

My point is no one rules me, not one man, a a small group, and not 99.9999% of the population. So you have no business telling me what I can make have or use if its not causing direct harm or is a direct threat. The nuclear bomb comment is nonsense. Weapons of mass destruction are tools of the state and are only economically feaseable due to the states ability to legitimize theft and print money out of thin are while using violence to force people to use that money for trade. Shit that costs millions of dollars and just blow up one time wouldn't exist with out the state to compel others through force to pay for them.

Also in a stateless society it doesn't mater what others should or shouldn't due, but what your going to do. Are you willing to kill those that don't act as you want? Are willing to kill those that have things you don't think they should? What are willing to kill over? The state will kill over not paying a government bill or having the wrong plant in you backyard. Are you going to kill because someone wants to arm themselves?

10. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    well how would you propose a revolution arm itself ?

11. ghoul

ghoul Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2010

Whether or not you agree with the man who said the quote or not doesn't make it any less valid. You could change gun with any other inanimate object and it would be true. Guns, knives, clubs, rocks, cars, poison, gas, have all been used to kill. Do any of these objects have capabilities to kill on their own? The answer is no. (Maybe, in the case of poisonous gas, Radon, for example) They are tools, nothing more.

One thing I think people tend to overlooks it the very nature of our planet and our universe. It is an exceedingly violent place. Stars explode destroying entire solar systems only to form new ones. Animals kill to survive only to be devoured in the end by another organism. Chimps are known to fight wars over territory and resources.

In the end, I truly believe that we will always be a violent species as it is our nature. It is our universe's nature. To deny someone the ability to defend themselves is in fact an act of violence.

12. alco-cur

alco-cur Member Forum Member

May 17, 2010

i was wondering about this subject for a long time and it is really difficult to answer....we can not generally discuss about the weapon's use as we have to consider the society we live.....the government uses weapons so if we want to defend our lives or our freedom, we will have to use them too...i'm not against armed struggle....but i'm against of their unnecessary use...in the case of the molotov,i think that it's use is more symbolic than effective...when i throw a molotov at a bank, i want to react against the capitalistic system and the problems it causes....we are not criminals....but sometimes we have to confront the "enemy" in the same way as he does...finally,if someone hates weapons,he can throw shits on their faces!!!!it's an effective way to react...... :p

13. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

you answered your own question homie, your for owning weapons, not too difficult to answer..

14. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Guns don't kill people, the government does. - Dale Gribble (king of the hill)

15. colton_and

colton_and Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 24, 2010

very good argument if i do say so myself : :p :p :thumbsup:

16. AadolfPaskiainen

AadolfPaskiainen New Member New Member

May 21, 2010

I personally believe in everyone's right to own and carry weapons. I believe in it very strongly. I believe in equipping yourself kne in general, as in preparing for anything.

I got about 50 knives, varying from "Shark's tooth" to bayonets to hunting knives to skinning knives to... Well, you get the picture. I own two shotguns (a pump action and a good old side-by-side), two rifles (.22lr and .308), a small semi-auto pistol (.22llr), all legal. I also have a constant supply of several thousand cartridges, as well as full reloading set, new bullets and a lot of gunpowder. I used to have a illegal teargasgun, but got rid of it because I had allready enough legal shit to protect myself and my home, and it ain't no good in hunting. Yes, I go hunting. I like meat and if (when?) the society collapses I want to be able to feed myself and my family,

At the moment I have two kids and the third one is coming in october. And when they grow older, I'm gonna teach them to use my hunting gear and how to prepare dead animals into food (Well, ain't gonna force them to learn or take part in it, but I sure do hope they'll be interested in it.), because I can't understand parents that try to hush up all the unpleasant truths from their kids, like where does that steak come from. Well, my kids know.

So yes, I'm pro-weapons!

17. DrunkSquid

DrunkSquid Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 11, 2009

i think it's fucking stupid how people who live in developed countries where there are fucking grocery stores on every corner, hunt for fun and claim it's justified because they "respect" what they are killing and eat the meat
    i would understand however if this individual mainly only eats mammalian/bird meat that they hunt themselves even if they DO live in a developed country albiet entirely pointless other than to boycott factory farms or if that person lives way, way far away from any towns.

18. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    " The revolutionary is a criminal by excellence, any man whose acts are always controlled by the rule of law is no better than a well domesticated animal " -- Ricardo Flores Magon

19. ghoul

ghoul Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2010

Hunting for your own food is not pointless other than to boycott factory farms. There are multiple reasons.

One being it has a much smaller carbon footprint associated with it. Any food derived from mainstream sources has a huge cost in oil, From the oil burned to plow the fields to grow the crops. To the trucks used to transport said crops to be processed. It then must be ship again to distributing centers. From there it is shipped to the store. Add in refrigerate and you can see how much energy is used to bring that food (vegetable or animal) to your table.

Second is a greater knowledge of what you are eating. You know where it came from. You know the animal's general health. You can get a good idea of what it has been eating. This cannot be said for things bought at the store.

Third, domestic animals have less flavor than wild game. This is due to what the animals have available to eat in their location. Deer tend to like Juniper Berries and their flesh tends to take on that flavor. Personally I would rather have venison over beef, wild boar over pork, pheasant or duck over chicken, and so on.

Fourth, a day spend out in nature getting some exercise and fresh air is by far more enjoyable for me than spending time in a fluorescent lit grocery store.

Fifth, why pay someone for something that the Earth provides for free?

20. AadolfPaskiainen

AadolfPaskiainen New Member New Member

May 21, 2010

Well, as long as I have meat from the hunting, I don't buy any from the local stores. Why would I? Besides, it actually IS a lot better tasting meat. And hunting does give me an excuse to sit alone in the forest/riverside for a day. And even if I don't get anything, I still ain't disappointed or anything, because a day in the wild easily beats the company of most people. But this is getting a bit off-topic, sorry.