Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Other counter cultures

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Extinction, Nov 4, 2009.

1. F***H

F***HMember New Member

Sep 17, 2009

ive only noticed the love of nazism and hitler within the black metal sub genre of metal, mainly because 1 of my best friends (a black metaller) pointed it out to me. it's the minority, not majority just like in other counter cultures. i know some of the goths around where i live refer to the holocaust as the 'lolocaust' , but thats because they are either uneducated or seeking attention by any means necessary. i guess no matter what, like 'extinction' said, there will always be bad apples.

when i was younger i used to only hang around with alternative people like goths, skaters, bmx'ers, punks, skins....because we had a big alternate community, but as i grew up and moved away from home, i moved away from that and i'll make friends with anyone now. unless they're prejudice arseholes of course.

2. NuclearArmedHogs

NuclearArmedHogsActive Member Forum Member

Nov 8, 2009

I don't hang out with anyone that really belongs to any one subculture or trend or clique, mostly just normal people on the regular. Tho I tend to associate myself most with people who share a love for smoking ganj and listening to metal. People are people behind all the fashion and lifestyle choices.

3. nclpw

nclpwExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

4. Spike one of many

Spike one of manyExperienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
     South Africa
    Hey, nclpw, you make a good point! :lmao:
    Some are compatible while some aren't. Punks, oi! skins, redskins, s.h.a.r.p.s, some metal heads, gothics, non-fascist bikers, hippies, psyches, rastas.....? maybe even some hoolz could be/are compatible.
    (Who did I leave out?)

5. zakkman666

zakkman666Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 20, 2012

I'll hang out with anyone who isn't racist, homophobic or sexist. (as long as I know they're not losers who will rip me off). I have friends who are goths, metalheads, nerds, "gangstas", etc.

6. nclpw

May 25, 2012

oh no i was just showing the original post.
    this has never mattered that much to me, i don't care how people look. i'm generally skeptic to those that label themselves or others, they're usually the least interesting ones.
    sure, its one thing to call someone a metalhead because they look like one, but identifying with the word "metalhead" seems stupid.

7. morethanfights

morethanfightsExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 10, 2012

i like to go around at shows and scalp metalheads and keep their long hair as a trophy

8. nclpw

May 25, 2012

oh yes i almost got one myself once, missed his head and ended up spitting my gum in his hair because he was a nazi. i hope he scalped himself.

9. morethanfights

morethanfightsExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 10, 2012

i have a whole room in my house for displaying my prize metalhead scalps

10. Rosetta Stoned2

Rosetta Stoned2Active Member Forum Member

Aug 16, 2011

I try to hang out with my real group of friends. We all like punk, one is more into psycho, one is a crusty a few are ska kids, but we all get along. I also get along with a lot of people at school. Everyone knows and likes me (which is weird) The cholos like me, the jocks, melvins, scene kids, stonners and skaters. It's only at shows I have conflicts. I love the metalhead kids, they're the nicest, but it's the Thrashers! The fucking thrashers are dicks. If it's not thrash, they won't even give it a chance. And then they bag on other music, especially ska, fucking dickheads! But other then the Thrashers, I get along with everyone. <3

11. nclpw

May 25, 2012

Oh my, we`ll have to trade some day! I`ve been dying to find a real black haired metalhead, one thats trve.

You should really treasure this phase in your life, when everyones biggest problem is which bands fit in to what genre <3

12. lynch

lynchMember Forum Member

Mar 6, 2013

well, I was first into the goth thing before I liked punk. Gothic subculture, is not about metal or icp. it is mainly about postpunk and synthpop and darkwave or at least was.