Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Opposition - Progress Without People Imprisoned EP (200X)

Discussion in 'Anarcho-Punk music albums downloads' started by Starfighter, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Starfighter

Starfighter d(^_^)b Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male , 38 years old
    Malmö, Sweden  Sweden
    This is part of my project to archive some really obscure music that probably will disappear with me when I die if I don't upload it. Search term to see the rest of the project uploads: STARFIGHTEROBSCURE

I have no clue if this Los Angeles band is obscure enough to fit this project, but I can't find it online, it's from the early 00's and only three people on Discogs (myself included) owns it. I'd say that qualifies as far as the release go. But the band never released anything else, not under the same name at least, so I don't know more than that. If anyone has any further info please let me know!

[​IMG]
    MP3 | CBR 320 kbps | 13 MB

01 Progress Without People.mp3
    02 Imprisoned.mp3

DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM

Online This file is hosted on our own dedicated server. Fast download, no ads, no bullshit!

aint ashamed likes this.

RECORD INFORMATION

Progress Without People / Imprisoned
    FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

Opposition Biography

There are at least two bands with this name.

1) The Opposition were a long running post-punk band from London, England that featured Ralph Hall, Marcus Bell and Mark Long, and mixed new wave sounds with reggae rhythms.

Founded in 1979, The Opposition released their first single on the independent record label Double Vision records. This was called "Very Little Glory" which the NME (New Musical Express) reviewed and said that it was "a song recorded before its time".

With the press picking up on the band, they switched from indie to major and secured a contract with the Ariola Record label in Europe. A single called "This Year" came out by Ariola, followed by the self produced "Breaking The Silence" album, and a French tour.

In 1984 the band signs to Virgin Records offshoot Charisma Records and released firstly "Intimacy" in 1983. The "Promises" album was released a year later, and another album called "Empire Days" the following year. On these releases the band worked with Producer Kenny Jones.

After a hiatus, when band members Marcus Bell and Mark Long recorded a more commercial sounding album under the name SO, the band regrouped and released the album "Blue Alice Blue" album, again recorded with Producer Kenny Jones. Also, a number of re-issues get the deluxe treatment with extra tracks on Virgin Records.

Although working separately (Mark in London and Marcus in France) they released two albums together: "War Begins At Home" in 1993 and "Blinder" in 2003.

Then Marcus and Mark parted their ways. Marcus Bell released new album "Love and Betrayal" in 2011 under the name The Opposition, equally Mark Long released few Albums under same band's name containing some unreleased material, demos and live tracks.

Marcus Bell died from cancer in December 2014.

Mark Long continued touring under The Opposition name and released further albums: "Somewhere In Between" in 2016 and "Hope" in 2021

Mark Long died from cancer n September 2022

2) Opposition was a 90's hardcore band. Their discography includes mini LP "Better Days & Bad Advice", "Pre-Packaged" EP, and splits with Dive, Ipecac, Converge and Daltonic.

3) Opposition = DC Breaks + Loadstar drum & bass duo.

4) 90's New York hardcore band featuring members that went on to play in Home 33.

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Innocence Lost Records

RECOMMENDED BANDS SIMILAR TO Opposition

Lowlife

The Comsat Angels

For Against

Trisomie 21

The Snake Corps
  2. aint ashamed

aint ashamed Experienced Member Experienced member

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
     United States