Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Open These Borders for All!

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Probe, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

Do you think borders are necessary? I cant really put this question in any better way so sorry...
    I found this song that said
    I was just wondering exactly what they meant by this and what you think of this...

2. statuliber

statuliber Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 13, 2009

Every year hundreds and thousands of people die trying to get over borders. And even if they make it they are treated like shit...
    So yeah I despise all borders and all arbitrary lines keeping us from freedom

Well since Anarchy means that no states exist, it would mean abolishing all nation borders.
    Instead there would be small collectives, syndicats and whatever, which wouldn't need any borders.
    So yeah.

3. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

It will take quite a change in the system, and in the way resources are spread through out the world if the borders where to dissapear - But i say, we don't need them! It would sure make everything a little chaotic at first, but it would be for the better of the world i'm sure

4. Lunadimae

Lunadimae Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 1, 2010

Borders, meh. We only come once to this planet/life of ours and we are restricted from appreciating it because of 'borders' set by random strangers that you do not know.

5. Mandi

Mandi Active Member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Nationalism, borders, countries, pride, all are just another way for humanity to divide itself, seperate itself. We are all the same, there should be no divides between the world, it only breeds hate and misery. Tear down the borders - there is only one race: humanity.

6. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    dude, pink floyd said it best. 'TEAR DOWN THE WALL!'

7. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

this land is illegal and so is everyone , fuckin theives , no borders everyone has the same rights

8. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    anarchists are against the concept of states and nations, so borders are useless.

This song probably means that borders are responsible of hate and segregations, since most of the national differences are based on nations, and nations only exist because of borders. Without borders there would be only one nation, the planet earth, and only one nationality, the human genre. No more differences, nothing anymore to base hate on

9. ILuvEire

ILuvEire Experienced Member Experienced member

Apr 5, 2010

What song is that?

Anyway, I think any form of nationalism and borders is just straight bull shit. The only "border" I think is acceptable is the "border" of the community, but these shouldn't exist to keep people out, rather to take people in and incorporate them into the community.

10. raindeer667

raindeer667 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 10, 2009

borders from the subhurbs, the downtowns, the westsides, north or south of the traintracks?

fences have played a major dispute among native peoples, but who is the authority on territorial comfort or safety...
    I know anarchist's are not stagnant even though a community is set up in a urban settlement.
    The prominent have already seized the fertile, while the rest live with empty dirt lots

freeways divide communities, or waterways stop travels, blah blah... so erosion really slows travel down and a simple damn would be well to keep some water, prevent deep ravines, and maintain the earth.
    The water then becomes a bank of potental, essential for life as with air. Clean drinking water anyways.

Then a metal wall is gradually being set up, while a stone wall was torn down...

11. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Borders are a form of segregation. It's a way of separating differences. There can be national borders but there are also socio-economic borders. While not clearly defined like a border of a country, they are defined by class, economic status, religion etc. Anarchism aims to create a society within which individuals freely co-operate together as equals (AFAQ) Borders of any nature prevents this.

12. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

Borders - Riot Brigade

13. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Pfft... borders ARE useless a nation is little more than a line on the map, there are no actual lines all across the land marked off on the map, is there? (with the exception of man made obstacles, which are bollocks anyway).
    People will probably still retain a us-them mentality due to the fact that the culture differences between different 'tribes', if you will, will remain intact. However these cultural inconsistencies are also found within the imaginary lines anyway, hell they can even be found from street to street, though the difference will be minute.