Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Online Interview: Anarchism

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by cheyannepiacenza, Jan 24, 2011.

1. cheyannepiacenza

cheyannepiacenza Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 1, 2011

1. What it means to be an anarchists

2. Vices in anarchism: very worst to the very best, balance

3. Your background (does having a certain upbringing produce anarchists? keeping in mind that the ideals have been around as far back as the 1800's)

etc..

talk about anarchism for me, I will be using this information for an ethnography project.

2. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

can you give a bit more of an overview of the ethnographic project?

I'll probs provide some answers in a few dayz...

3. cheyannepiacenza

Jan 1, 2011

i'm doing an ethnography project on anarchism, particularly in san diego because this is where i live. i want to differentiate between true anarchism vs angry drunk punks who just draw a's on shit, and lessen the fear of anarchism making it more relatable, using folks backgrounds (hopefully) to kinda disprove that broken homes breed anarchists and radicals, myself included. but i'm afraid i'm being too bias being that i'm apart of the subculture, so i want to stricken myself as an example, so i thought the internet would be a good tool to anonymous information for my paper.

4. Random Person From There

Random Person From There Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 27, 2010

1- This is really relative and is based on the individual's choice and the School of Thought that he follows. Essentially what it means to be an Anarchists to me is to oppose economical and social hierarchy - to advocate the Class War, oppose Capitalism in all its forms, Fascism, Nazism, to strive for a radically different society based on federalist communities, supporting the worker and the working class, dismantling of the state, the supplement of the basic needs for all, and the usual.

2- Also relative to which "side" you are talking to. Vices... Hm..."ICDWTFIW" (I can do whatever the fuck I want) Anarchism, Anarcho-Pacifists, Anarcho-Capitalism and Nationalist Anarchism are some of the worst ideologies holding some of the worst vices. Some of the good parts of Anarchism would be Anarchist-Syndicalism, Anarchist-Communism and those upholding the rights of workers.
    Good:
    - Upholding the rights of the workers and the working class.
    - Abolishing the state and recognizing its ineffectiveness and its oppression.
    - Trying to stop bourgeois ruling class exploitation and oppression of the working class through wage-slavery.
    - Defending the rights of the individual as a person.
    - Anti-Fascism
    - Anti-Nazism
    - Anti-Religion
    - Anti-Racism
    - Anti-Homophobia and various discrimination
    - Questioning everyone and everything.

Bad:
    - Those who advocate the lengthy and apparently dystopian theories of Anarcho-Capitalism and Laissez-Faire Capitalism.
    - Supporting Racism
    - Supporting Fascism
    - Supporting Nazism
    - Supporting Authority
    - Supporting Statist Communism
    - (Arguably) Insurrectionist Anarchism.
    - Listening to Capitalist music. Heh.

3- Probably lower Middle-Class.
    -Upbringing had not a much of an effect that I am aware of that had lead me to Anarchism, it was basically Punk music and hate for the status quo and the norm that got me into the ideology.
    -I was brought up in a Middle-Class family that is deteriorating financially
    -Strongly bound parents, relatives close by and in very good contact and relationship
    -Basically no problems such as being beat up by my parents nor any whom I encounter
    -Bred in a strictly extremist Christian Maronite family and society (an Atheist now)
    -Studying in a Christian school for Monks
    -Working at a butcher's shop

That's probably it.

5. cheyannepiacenza

Jan 1, 2011

the last two bullet points confused me; you work at a butcher shop? or your family or what? also, you study at the christian schooli woll for monks? please clarify for me, even though i'm sure i overlooked it, so i can be as valid as possible for my research, thank ya for responding by the way! :)

6. Random Person From There

Random Person From There Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 27, 2010

I work at a butcher's shop, yes. As for the latter part, it is a school headed, principled and maintained by monks mainly for Christian students, not a "training" school to become a monk. Hope that cleared it up.