Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

One man protests.

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by JesusCrust, Feb 5, 2011.

1. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

So basically there isn't enough dissent in my part of Orange County for me to be happy with. I want to start some sort of weekly protest somewhere where as hopefully every week I will gain more people. An idea I had was so plainly and basically to starting holding signs outside of the Costa Mesa PD saying "this is what a police state looks like". Really what I' m asking is do you thing this singular act would be enough to draw support, or should I stop wasting time and start doing another activity that would easily gain more public support?

Any other ideas for action involving very little people (but in hopes of eventually acquiring a large crowd) would be great. Typically what I do is candid, and though I feel anonymous actions are great, I feel some sort of open visual action would be good in some way.

Any ideas?

2. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Besides FNB, I'm already in the midst of organizing a new OC chapter. So besides that any ideas?

3. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

make that a two man protest.

4. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    JC: Starting 2 years ago I started attending random protest rallies, I think the first action I attended (after being released) was the anti-Monsanto rally at the San Diego Convention Center, it was really successful and we managed to get the CEO of Monsanto to cancel his presentation at the Bio Sciences conference. Well I met many people that day and did some bold direct action that could have potentially cost me 4 more years in prison, from there I began networking online and began to try to mend some bridges that were precariously close to being burned between different factions of the left (Marxists-Leninists, radical Chicanos, Student Unions, etc.) Now 2 years later we support these separate radical entities in their actions and they support us in ours, we don't always see eye to eye on issues but we support each other in Mutual Aid none the less. I would suggest to you to try the same approach JC..... Mecha, Union Del Barrio, Collectivo Zapatista, ABC Los Angeles, etc. etc. combine your efforts, support theirs, once they see you are serious, they will support yours. In the meantime I'll see if I can get you contacts in Orange County for any of these people....

5. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Try searching these JC,

Autonomous Valley Collective

Casa del Pueblo Cooperative

Centro Cultural de Mexico

Deadpan Distro

Flor Y Canto

Green Chaos

Kill Radio

Los Angeles Independent Media Center

Los Angeles Food Not Bombs

Orange County Earth First!

Orange County Food Not Bombs

San Diego Independent Media Center

Southern California Food Not Bombs Network

Accion Zapatista

Southern California Anarchist Federation

Chiapas Support Committee

Committee of Indigenous Solidarity

Zapatistas El Machete

Estacio'n Libre

Protesta y Apoyo Zapatista

Zapatista Solidarity Coalition

6. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

oh shit i had no idea these things existed....why do i feel so out of the loop?

7. XxInGrindWeCrustxX

XxInGrindWeCrustxX Experienced Member Experienced member

Sep 2, 2012

You live in Costa Mesa? I live in Santa Ana which borders Costa Mesa. We should talk sometime..