Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

One, 2, Fuck You - Ska'ed for Life - 2010

Discussion in 'Other downloads' started by Choking_INDK, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Choking_INDK

Choking_INDKMember New Member

Jul 8, 2010

2. Choking_INDK

Jul 8, 2010

K. Nobody has replied. Prehaps I'll give u an over view of what this is. It's a home produced album by me and a few of my mates. the budget is 0 and each track was made in a day. I consider it to be punk/ska, although sum of the people who I jam with are more into stuff like thrash and stuff that ends with the word core :| . I am very much into punk of all types. The stuff used (mostly borrowed) is a line 6 UX1, guitar, bass and mic. The sofware used is sound forge and FL studio. The drums r a plug in called EZDrummer if u know what that is DFH will make sence too. All the production work is done by me, I consider myself to be quite a noob.
    I won't be offened by any comments I'm just looking 4 sum feedback on this one.

3. punkmar77

punkmar77Experienced Member Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Ok here goes, its a good effort and I'm sure you learned a lot, but I found the vocals to be lacking any kind of passion that you would obviously get if the band was live with a real drummer. That is really easy to do when recording multiple tracks at different times. I would have responded sooner but I didn't want to discourage you in any way. The songs are solid enough in composition, find a drummer, re-record the tracks live then try to get as close to that live sound as you can. Being a drummer myself I am a little bit biased against drum loops I guess, it kills the sound for me. But in context these are easy fixes, and you have a great foundation to get a good band and recordings off the ground.

4. WrongfullSuspicion

WrongfullSuspicionExperienced Member Experienced member

Apr 17, 2010

I really liked the songs, although sometimes the vocals sound boring, but I am sure that has alot to do with recording quality, I really like the song oioioi, has some good lyrics and feel to it.

5. Choking_INDK

Jul 8, 2010

Thanks guys. The boring vocalist is probably me, and i relaise i aint no singer :ecouteurs: (hence the fx on the vocal). I did the vocal myself for sum songs, coz i wrote those lyrics and was encouraged to do my own vocal. I am on the look out 4 sum one who can sing/scream. As far as the drummer goes I know quite a few and i often jam with them. I haven’t tried to record a live drum set for simple budget reasons. I also understand what u r sayin about the drum loops. Sum of the older tunes suffer from a really poor synth. The reason i posted this up was coz it started as a bit of fun and i got sum encouraging responses from my m8s so I thought I would see what others thought. Thanks and if u would like to lend a hand or knock sumthing together please let me know. I am very open to experimenting and taking on new ideas.

6. BlackAndBluePunk

BlackAndBluePunkNew Member New Member

Jan 26, 2011

Hey man, I'm interested in listening to this but the link is "invalid or deleted" and I was wondering if you could upload it again in the comments or something. Thanks!