Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

on calling cops pigs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by howgodskill, Oct 28, 2010.

1. seitan

seitan Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009

how exactly am i "imposing " my views on anybody here? its the internet, im expressing my concerns.
    how about you stop "imposing" your views on me that racism is bad?
    is it cool for people to make free willed decisions about being racist? do you get where this is going?
    oppressing animals or humans doesnt fit in to the anarchist way of thinking. oppression can never go hang in hand with anarchism.
    you dont like what i say because you simply disagree with it.
    what i believe makes you sick. what you (may) do (having something killed for your plate) makes me sick.
    my THOUGHTS.
    your ACTIONS.

2. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    I have no guilt, i'm about to eat a big fat roast beef sandwich and I i will enjoy every moment of it.

I don't see how answering my question with another question and then calling me out for not answering it as a viable answer to my original question.

But since you asked, I can help in a lot of ways, informing other people, direct action, etc. I would give my life or freedom for the cause. The anarchopunk scene being involved would need a lot of work to make an impact, mostly unity. But no one on this thread has put me off to the point that i wouldn't be willing to work with them to achieve the goals of no government.

There i answered your question so how about answering mine instead of more deflections.

3. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

That's a pretty bold statement, wouldn't ya say?

4. howgodskill

howgodskill Member Forum Member

Oct 27, 2010

some false arguments we could easily leave out of this conversation by reading a book or so on the topic (written by people who actually did research and thought about it more than ourselves):
    - humans need animal derived products, such as protein. if i don't eat meat for a day, my friends call me "twiggy".
    - non-human animals suffer less. just because i say so.
    - we help our planet and fellow humans by eating those evil pigs (as read in "animal farm" by g. orwell).
    - if we stop exploiting animals and let them run around freely, the cows will come and eat us.
    - veganism is politics, and i'm against politics so oppose veganism.
    - "happy meat" helps the slaughtered animal, yay.
    - plants scream when you cut them; yesterday my carrot whispered "please don't kill me".
    - pigs will be offended if we use their namesake to insult cops - and sue us for it as well.
    - animal liberation means ranking human liberation and any other anarchist ideals as a secondary objective.
    - vegans want the lion to eat a tofu-burger instead of a gazelle, and the shark should go on a seaweed based diet.

yes, these arguments are the same ones i've been dealing with for the last years and most of them can easily be answered by the thousands of pages of literature, online resources or -whaddayaknow, it still is possible- common sense. as a matter of fact, most of these questions are completely trivial when it comes to rejecting speciesism. plenty appear to be pissing off target here, and i really don't know whether this is deliberate or not.

let's try to make this a bit more practical... imagine you were born in a fully racist society, such as one of the southern states of the US not all too long ago. you'd be taught that it is acceptable to regard "black people" as inferior and that they are here to serve us. they are part of our lives because we depend on them for heavy work, but also for economical benefit. slavery wouldn't be considered slavery, but a natural aspect of life. your peers, friends, family and everyone else in your community thinks this way, and so do you. everything you see is drenched in that ethical belief and it even adds to your daily language. you think and act as a racist, yet in no way do you give thought to this. be honest, only few would be able to tear themselves away from this conviction without the insight from someone else. we're humans and easily educated without questioning what is being thought.
    now, this is exactly where most humans stand: on the other side of that invisible fence of moral. depending on that social circle of peers, friends, etc., it becomes easier or harder to jump that fence and be on the other side of the ethical consideration (in my example, going from partaking in racist slavery to rejecting it, maybe even participating in direct action such as the freeing of enslaved humans). this is exactly why, for me, it makes no sense at all pointing a finger at anyone who still hasn't escaped from that indoctrination. we can only try to educate our fellow humans that still participate in the discrimination of others. how much have you reached so far by shouting "die, you fucking racist!" to someone? did it change the person's mind? did it help overthrow the government? oh believe me, i've shouted. but from personal experience i can tell you that many racists are hardly aware of their thought patterns and can actually adjust them or even fully leave them behind in order to acquire a different moral (and i am not talking about the minority of white pride skins, for example). same goes for people who still exploit other animals: most are not even aware of the underlying dynamics, although most of us are not ignorant enough to know where the products come from. when confronted, even in the most gentle way possible, the defense mechanism kicks in and false arguments follow. people don't like confrontation and take it very personal. one person once told me that i was trying to brainwash her, just because i handed her a leaflet on animal exploitation. although i did not force anything on her, the content of the leaflet and the implications of it, were enough for her to feel personally attacked. i reckon this is the same for many who are reading this topic, and you're not to blame for this feeling. however, we should recognise where it comes from: someone questioning our long-life beliefs, rooted in our most basic daily thinking and actions, is always threatening. for the exact same reason, most people cannot grasp the idea of anarchy.

as a non-vegan, you govern other animals. it's no more than a euphemism for dominating and controlling. go ahead, try to jump that moral fence.

5. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

ummm, I don't eat meat, neither does Kaos-82. Why does thinking this thread is stupid mean you can't be/aren't a vegan/vegetarian? Moreover, what do you mean its not politics?

6. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    I don't think so or i wouldn't have said it. No one has ever presented to me an argument to prove so otherwise. I feel animals are on this earth to provide many things, including food for other species. And if people don't have a problem with cats eating mice, spider's eating flys, etc. then why is it assumed to be so awful if humans eat meat? Doesn't mean i'm against animal cruelty, but i don't see how changing one's diet compares to people being racist or sexist. Or how liberating animals is going to help humanity in the same way that destroying government control will.

7. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Today on the way home I yelled "You fucking cops!" at a bunch of farm pigs.
    They chased me down and beat me with night sticks.
    As we wrestled through the mud and filth I realized that these were some hardcore nazi fucks
    So I pulled out my knife and stuck each one in the neck.
    The bacon I made later was delicious, but needless to say my sunglasses are ruined.

8. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

[​IMG]
    four legs good, two legs bad!

in other news...
    lol
    and mine....
    "The emancipation of animals must be the work of the animals themselves."
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    calling cops pigs reminds me of the movie Fritz The Cat where the cops were actual pigs.

10. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    @Surgery Disaster & Butcher..... :lmao: thanks for a good laugh, @ everyone else....lighten up, you are preaching to the choir... most of us, not all, but most are either vegan or vegetarian, and I understand your arguments and your passion but it's a bit silly to think that refraining from calling cops pigs (which I will probably never stop doing) is going to improve anything. Pigs aren't always soft and cuddly animals, they can be absolutely monstrous as well, just as all animals have that capacity.

11. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

I agree, if you want to eat them, eat. But, you will feel sorry, if you know how the animal was killed - tortured. It cant help humanity detrying government but it can help humanity to understand what solidarity is ! Its the same with racist. Dont fight racism with racism, but solidarity." Meat is still murder, diary is still rape "

12. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

If people (and animals) have an intrinsic interest in life why do some commit suicide?

Eh eh? bet you didnt think of that one when reading Peter Peter Fuckwit Singer

13. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

Actually I've been Vego for 5 years. I know very well the shit animals go to, I happen to watch (and enjoy immensely) a lot of horror films where they kill, butcher and eat live animals on camera, its rad you should watch it sometime.
    Just one question, if Animals aren't tasty, why do we feel the need to make mock meat that tastes similar to it???

I have a problem with animals in industry, its fucked up, but be realistic, not everyone in the world is going to share your point of view, and you ramming it down peoples throats makes you out to be an asshole. I have no issues with people hunting for there food provided animal populations are sustainable, I have no issues with people eating meat if they choose to. It's lifestyle, not politics. Being Vegan won't change the world. Besides, what are all these meat workers going to do when theirs no meat! Think about it :ecouteurs:

14. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

gold :lmao: :thumbsup:

15. howgodskill

Oct 27, 2010

it's a pity most can't even come to a decent logical deduction. if this is preaching to the choir then the choir is not only deaf, but also slightly malevolent. i hope the arguments on suicide and the taste of meat aren't meant to be taken serious; if you really need an explanation on it, i'll give it, but at least try to use a bit of common sense. why would i even consider to lighten up when it comes to equality?

you will indeed not overthrow a government by taking an anti-speciesist position and going vegan. neither will you overthrow a government by taking an anti-racist, anti-sexist or even anti-classist position. if you think you will, i have no problem whatsoever with calling you ignorant. opposing a form of discrimination concerns each and every individual that suffers from that discrimination. do you really only consider rejecting something if it leads to the direct disbanding of a government? really???

i reject peter singer as a source of information on animal rights. yes, he wrote "animal liberation" but is a utilitarian and has no problem with animal exploitation (he's not vegan). same goes for tom regan. next to this, peta is not only welfarist, they actively promote the exploitation of animals in various ways, for example by giving temple grandin an award for designing more efficient slaughterhouses. if you want to read something on the subject, look for g. francione, j. dunayer, b. torres (who goes in-depth on the workers' situation in the animal exploitation industry), b.a. dominick (http://zinelibrary.info/files/animalandrevolution.pdf)...

being vegan can change the world, it does so in a direct way for billions of individuals that can feel and want to live in freedom. it's up to every one of us to make sure it actually will. you could easily state that "being anarchist won't change the world", but that is only true insofar the rest of society does not change their ways of thinking and acting. as i stated before, participating in animal slavery is nothing more but choosing your luxury above someone's very basic right to live in freedom. it's a lethal form of "someone else's problem" and how it is compatible with anarchist ideology, is completely beyond me.

16. howgodskill

Oct 27, 2010

out of sheer laziness, some information most of you already have and plenty could put to good use.

17. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Well, to me, and maybe just to me, animals are other living creatures who should be submitted as least harm and suffering as possible. Sure, in nature animals kill other animals for survival, and that's what we are is animals, but at this day in age, with factory farms, and animal testing, animal consumption has gone much father than as a means for survival. Today the capabilities of surviving day to day without the use of ANY animal suffering are almost limitless. I do see similarities in my diet to my anarchist ideals. No, animal liberation will not DIRECTLY influence the collapse of the state in anyway, as you inquired an answer to above, but I also don't see it as a smokescreen of sorts. The animal rights movement shouldn't impede on the class war and the anarchist struggle, because let's face it, it is a larger and more important agenda to bring down capitalism and the state, because without which, there would be no animal suffering, but simultaneously you shouldn't down talk or criticize the animal liberation movement. What I want is freedom and equality for ALL living beings. animal, human alike. Also, as a parallel to anarchism, is the less detrimental damage to the environment and ecosystem that comes from abstaining from animal products, but that does not fit into the topic at hand and if interested should be stated in another topic.

So in a basic conclusion, I can see where you're coming from in the fact that the struggle against the state and capitalism IS more important, because without which, many more people (and animals) will suffer, but please don't condemn the work, and the empathy of the animal rights movement, because, as much as I hate to do this, I will quote a band here: "Animal liberation is our liberation"

:peace: <3 :anarchism:

18. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

19. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

I'm sorry but I've heard all this before and as I said, I don't eat meat, I will wear leather purely because its a by product and it will continue to be so until such a stage that people stop eating meat but that won't happen. You evidently share the utilitarian view that Singer does to suggest everyone has intrinsic interest in living. Lemmings for example don't have that interest, otherwise they wouldn't turf themselves off cliffs. Its fine to be a vegan for whatever reason you choose. I agree with you, animals in Industry at present are treated horribly and it should be changed, but striving for that whilst capitalism operates purely to increase efficiency is like pissing into the wind.

20. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

http://www.problempets.co.uk/media/overtounbridge.asp

Suck it. Jk, but really, it's like ghosts and shit man. Dog's don't fuck around.

Also sorry for the tripple post, but each post was in different context, so I figured it'd be ok so have three different post with three different thesis statements.