Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

oil spill live feeds - for your bookmarks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chinawillkillus, Jun 2, 2010.

1. chinawillkillus

chinawillkillus Member New Member

Jun 1, 2010
     United States

2. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    CNN... ewww... i'm sure you can get your infos from better independant sources

i'm sure CNN were the first to quote BN saying the oil spill was leaking only a couple of litters per day when the experts were saying it's probably 20 times worse. And today we all know who was right.... Obviously not BP..

3. chinawillkillus

Jun 1, 2010
     United States
    live feed is live feed, it was originally hosted off an independent guy who said he would do the hosting, supply the equipment (cameras etc) in which he followed through 100%. it was a good intention, much like if people here donated enough money to fund equipment and then offer your site to host the video feed. the world demand that occurred pretty much shut down his server. it just wasn't enough to handle that many hits, live feed is live feed. you get what is there, and unfortunately BP gets to choose which angle you get to see and when. there isn't a lot of independent cameras down there of which you have the choice of picking the one you're most happy with, there is only up to 2 different cameras to choose from at any given time; unfortunately cnn has the financial backing to make them the most stable feed to keep going 24/7.

even the cnn feeds show the very expensive robots failing at doing what they've intended to do. it's a pretty significant spectacle to witness poorly knotted ropes tying wrenches to million dollar equipment loosely banging on the side of several tons of metal, with the expectation of sanford and son charm, to solve a potentially world ending problem. i think as long as you're aware of propaganda you'll be ok with whatever you choose to watch the feeds on..and it is just a feed, there is no commentary on the site. just a totally unbiased eye (let me clarify by saying, it is biased because BP chooses which angle and which part of the crevace you get to see and when, i mean unbiased in the sense that you don't have to listen to meandre about how the oil "spill" will work itself out, oil comes from the earth so earth will naturally take care of it..or how scientists are working on "elinimating" an existing hurricane or typhoon..or whatever other rubbage has been going around in the news). but i apologize if posting a cnn link is in any way detracting from this sites intentions. if that's the case just go ahead and delete this thread, but you guys are going to have to make a choice - a non-ad cnn dual feed, or subsidary sites that use the cnn portal and profiteer from the same servers hosted on their site where they generate revenue from ads..so it's a media giant, or profiteering from world cotastrophy. hard choice to make.

4. chinawillkillus

Jun 1, 2010
     United States
    and by the way, about the first ones to quote..just about every news station that did any reporting on the BP incident were quoting what BP said and their projections - they had to because there were no cameras. that was the original uproar of "why isn't there already cameras in place". the feeds didn't go live until a day after BP stated they'd be able to start broadcasting. it wasn't until then that 3rd parties could start giving some real estimates on how bad the situation really is. which now we find out (of course) were way off base originally. i just didn't see any posts about this on the forum yet so i thought i'd throw something around to see if there's any interest.

if there is a hurricane or typhoon that could be all she wrote for cuba..and probably a large portion of florida too. depending on winds a lot worse. to paint a picture it's like a giant underwater atomic bomb went off and is now leaking radiation. there is no life for miles, fisherman who made their livelyhood who continued working for 3 weeks after the spill miles and miles away ended up going to the doctor - who told them their lungs looked as if they smoked 3 packs a day for 30 years - when they had never smoked in their life. the crazy thing is the crap they're putting in the water to "clean it up" is basically a composite of more oil, and antifreeze. two things we have been taught since knee high you never ever put down the drain, and if your dog licks it he will die a painfull death in a short period of time. pretty scary imo.

also i just realized this is probably an innapropriate thread to post this and the collateral murder post - i overlooked the 2 threads that this is probably more fitting for...any chance these can get moved?

5. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHmhxpQEGPo[/video]

6. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Yea, a live feed is a live feed, its not like its going to be staged. Its depressing to see this. But i heard that this spill, although its the worst US spill, is not the worst in the world, which is held by Saddam Hussein for spilling 500 million barrels a day into the harbors during the Gulf War.