Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Occupy Wall St. (support/debate)

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Squee, Sep 18, 2011.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Unfortunately you're not....

2. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Blacknova has a great point about the seeds it has planted though, and how it's radicalized people. I mean it still has potential. Just because occupy is slowly decaying does not mean anarchists need to settle down, if anything, this opened us up to our big break.

3. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I respectfully disagree JC, I saw the writing on the wall early on and by November I distanced myself from that situation but not without first letting those people know how much they had completely ruined a golden opportunity...what's funny is that some of those same people that were terrified by our presence initially, are now running around claiming anarchism..which isn't necessarily a bad thing.. but they've completely let the reformists douse whatever was left of radicalism in Occupy...at least here in SD.

4. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Let's step back in and re-radicalize it....or make our own movement. A riot of our own.

5. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    A golden opportunity to do what? They stepped into the occupation wanting to change the world and they left with the occupation changing them...there was a re/evolution...

The movement Yo Soy 132 (I Am 132) in Mexico organizes horizontally, leaderless, using direct democracy but they to are reformist, but isn't also the Student movement in Canada?

Ive heard peeps call the new anarchists the Occupy Anarchists and maybe too we will be seeing new anarchists from Mexico and Canada, and when the time is right maybe we the anarchists inside these 3 nations making north america should announce our presence once again, maybe starting with a 3 nation cacerolazo (pot banging protest), to announce we are still here and growing with some noize! :)

some info on cacerolazo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cacerolazo

I wonder if they are getting there hands on some CRASS records HAHA i remember when i first herd there first album, the feeding of the 5000 and i was like FUCK YEAH!! :)

6. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    A golden opportunity to radicalize the community to a much further extent, instead what we essentially got was complete fear-mongering from the ultra-pacifist liberal reformist democrats, registering people to vote for more of the same old same old and pushing the neo-liberal agenda down occupiers throats with mostly great success. And any reformist movement is not an anarchist movement though it may contain anarchist led agitation from the inside.

7. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Re: Occupy is dead, long live the ________ communes.

It was initially called by Adbusters right? When they're not 'outing influential Jews', they're, at best, imho, radical liberals. I think the idea that Occupy was a thoroughly 'anarchist' thing before it 'got co-opted', went sour, etc, is a bit misleading. I always felt Occupy started with anarchistic form but little content, and it wasn't until a few weeks into the various Occupations that certain Occupys broke out of the weird, vague radical liberalism and actually developed some real content (Oakland for a short while, etc). Here at Occupy Melbourne, it started explicitly as not anti-capitalist at all, rather pro-capitalist insofar as they wanted to do something about the 'greedy bankers', without whom, presumably, Capitalism would be all nice and fluffy with lots of rainbows and unicorns.

8. @narcho-Skinhooligan

@narcho-Skinhooligan Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 25, 2011

Re: Occupy is dead, long live the ________ communes.

That sounds like an Anarcho-Crapitalist's Utopia :p

9. THEBLACKNOVA

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    Ha i did not see that post before i put up my idea up earlier on today. I was south of the border at a Yo Soy 132 (I Am 132) rally and march about a week ago and this cop started to talk to me about the movement and we started to talk about the student movement in canada, and the occupy movement in the states and the I Am 132 movement in mexico and how canada and some citys in the states participated in something like this all ready and told him that they were planning for a north american protest in the 3 countrys at the same time, to get the cops reaction! And he was like fuck what would be a first.

ha i guess some of my ideas are being thought up by other peeps I LOVE IT :/ :D

so they posted the idea: Jun 21, 2012 • 8:58 pm (what time zone?)
    and i posted my idea at: Jun 21, 2012 - 6:21 pm (pacific time)

Ha they were thinking global and i was thinking north america ha i gotta start thinking global :/ :D

[​IMG]

JesusCrust what do you think? do you like the idea of something like a rally in whatever city one lives in and banging on pots together, and those who cant attend to just step out into the street or street corner where they live and bang on some pots for like and hour or so? i love it ha

10. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

[​IMG]

11. @narcho-Skinhooligan

Nov 25, 2011

Haha you guys are crazy! I like it! :thumbsup:
    BlackNova, how about on that day I just smoke some pot? Maybe then make some food in a pot, then bang on the pot I just used to cook??
    But if you are 4 real then it is just so crazy it might fuckin work. Fuck it I am in, as long as it pisses off "THE MAN" it sounds fun...

12. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

:lmao:

13. @narcho-Skinhooligan

Nov 25, 2011

Haha Caps what up?? ;)

14. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

There's actually quite a long history of these pot banging forms of protest ('Cacerolazos') throughout Latin America (and elsewhere), starting, from my understanding, during the Allende administration in Chile.

They've appeared in Argentina in 2001-2002 in support of the piqueteros (see, for instance: 'Picket and pot-banger together: class recomposition in Argentina?' by Aufheben); in Oaxaca in 2006; in the Chilean student protests of 2011-; Quebec now; and so on.

15. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

oh yeah, and what y'all need is a squadron of anarcho-pandas banging the casserole dishes.

16. THEBLACKNOVA

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    Ha i totally am serious, i love the idea and they are talking like Oct 2012, plenty of time to make fliers, talk to people in our neighborhoods, and post fliers at popular intersections in whatever community or city we live in...

Ha if its on a Saturday or Wednesday i know 2 food not bombs, one north of the USA/Mexico border and one south of the border where that will probably be happening HA its all about getting people to step out of there comfort zone and make some noise for like an hour, if your high or whatever just step out a make some noize HA

That's so canada, fuck we can all come up with mascots for whatever city we live in HA

Oakland has Captain Anarch@ as i like to call him

[​IMG]

17. Danarchy

Danarchy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 16, 2012
     Canada
    Black Nova you are dead on. The Cassarole thingy is and has been a method of showing approval/ disapproval, whistles have also been used. Not everyone protests through the BB to mock/ redicule another persons form of protest because it doesn't fit into YOUR comfort zone or YOUR list of appropriate protest methods is childish. Pot banging is actually a unifying experience for many and keeps the liberals and wannabe folk singers from creating STUPID chants.

And how are anarcho-pandas Canadian? o_O Love the Captain Anarchy, gonna find me a Johnny Canuck outfit :D

18. THEBLACKNOVA

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    Oh i just associated Anarch@ Panda with Canada, cuz thats the only place i've seen Anarch@ Panda, but fuck borders and nation states, if you want to trow a panda outfit on and call yourself Anarch@ Panda more power too you :)

How about an Anarch@ Johnny Canuck ;)

I like the ideas of just a bunch of different Anarch@ mascots around the world popping up and surprising us, and kids asking there parents "Who's that?" And the parents saying: "Well that's Anarch@ Johnny Canuck!" The the kids asking the adult: "Whats Anarch@?"

I LOVE IT!

19. Wide-Eyed Sluggard

Wide-Eyed Sluggard Member Forum Member

Jun 14, 2012

this ain't gonna have an effect until we stop whining with signs in our hands and start smashing