Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Occupy Wall St. (support/debate)

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Squee, Sep 18, 2011.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
  2. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

F29 Shutdown The Corporations Call To Action: Occupy Walmart!

F29 SHUTDOWN THE CORPORATIONS CALL TO ACTION: Occupy Walmart!

http://la.indymedia.org/news/2012/01/251259.php

Join Occupy Riverside, Redlands, San Bernardino Valley, Los Angeles and other Occupy groups in the region for the mass participatory direct action targeting Walmart's largest warehouse and distribution center. NO BUSINESS AS USUAL!

Occupy Riverside Calls for Action Targeting Wal-Mart on F29

The current economic system depends on exploitation of workers at every stage: production, distribution, and consumption. Here in the Inland Empire, our dominant industry is logistics--the storing and transporting of products. At warehouses throughout the region, workers are exposed to toxic chemicals and unsafe temperatures, and are often subject to wage theft. They work for giant companies like Wal-Mart, but indirectly. Wal-Mart contracts with warehouses, who contract with temp agencies, which allows Wal-Mart to deny responsibilities for the workers that earn them billions in profits. The workers have no unions to help them protect their rights, and every attempt to organize is squashed by the 1% at the top. Now, workers are being threatened with dismissal for nothing more than fighting for their rights. They must be defended!

We have heard Occupy Portland’s call to “Shut Down the Corporations” on February 29, and we are heeding it in the way that makes the most sense for our area. Many of us work at warehouses--the industry touches our lives in multiple ways, from the worker abuses mentioned to the pollution that the trucks and trains spew into the air we breathe. We are calling for a day of action at the world’s largest Wal-Mart warehouse to show the corporations and the 1% that we are fighting back, not only for the rights of workers, but also for citizens whose rights are infringed upon by legislative networks such as ALEC, of which Wal-Mart is a part.

We call on all area occupy movements and all people of conscience to join us on February 29 to take a stand for the human rights of workers, and against ALEC, Wal-Mart and the rest of the 1%.

More Details to come....

http://www.shutdownthecorporation​s.org
    http://www.warehouseworkersunited​.org
    http://www.alecexposed.org
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... pe=1&mak...

3. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Occupy May Day - General Strike

OCCUPY MAY DAY - GENERAL STRIKE

https://www.facebook.com/events/337068492974144/
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/3 ... orkers-Day

BEGINNING MAY 1, 2012

NO WORK - NO SCHOOL - NO SHOPPING - NO BANKING - NO TRADING

THE PEOPLE OF THE PLANET WILL TAKE TO THE STREETS

#OLA & #OLB are calling on all people of the world to start planning NOW for a Global Strike. The goal is to shut down commerce worldwide and show the 1% we will not be taken for granted, we will not be silenced, WE WILL NOT MOVE until our grievances are redressed.

GENERAL STRIKE AND BOYCOTT CALLED!
    FOR IM/MIGRANT RIGHTS
    FOR ECONOMIC, SOCIAL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE AND LABOR RIGHTS
    FOR PEACE WITH JUSTICE
    FOR CIVIL LIBERTIES AND AN END TO THE POLICE STATE
    FOR HOUSING, EDUCATION, AND HEALTH CARE AS HUMAN RIGHTS
    FOR WOMEN'S RIGHTS AND GENDER EQUITY

Every continent, every country, every state, every city will stand up.

Labor and workers are under attack by the 1%. Occupy stands Immigrants and with Labor both organized and not. Unions and union rights are what made our working class strong. Every benefit we have as working people has come from the struggles of organized labor and immigrants fighting for their rights. Now they are trying to destroy our bargaining rights, they want their greedy hands on our pensions. They don't have enough already? ENOUGH.

A DAY FOR MIGRANT RIGHTS, LABOR RIGHTS, HUMAN RIGHTS.

STOP FORECLOSURES!!!

We demand good jobs and good pay for everyone on the planet. Citizen of the country they work in or not. Outsourcing will no longer be tolerated by the so called "job creators" for cheap labor. All human beings deserve a living wage.

Education, Housing and Healthcare are human rights NOT "entitlements."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We can tell you that May 1st is International Workers Day. We can tell you that in some countries it’s a public holiday to commemorate the historic gains made by the Labor movement. We can tell you that in Los Angeles, May 1st is traditionally a day to celebrate and make a stand for immigrant rights.

But only you can tell us what you’re striking for on May 1st, 2012.

Because the May 1st General Strike is about you. It’s about the debt imposed on you for daring to dream about a college education. It’s about the healthcare you can’t afford, the family member with a disease which goes untreated because they lack insurance. It’s about your car that got repo-ed after you lost your job. It’s about your home that got foreclosed on when the bank went bust. It’s about your family, who came here for a better future, and got lost in the broken immigration system, and found that they’re denied access to legal work, education and security because they’re undocumented. It’s about you, the gay kid who gets bullied at school, and will grow up in a country which denies you equality and humanity, simply because you love someone of the same gender. It’s about the fact there’s no jobs, even if you got that college education and those grades. It’s about the single mother who struggles to support her kids on minimum wage - which is not a living wage. It’s about the woman who makes it through Harvard, works her ass off in one of the best law firms in the country, and constantly loses out on that promotion because she’s not a man. It’s about the homeless African-American guy who lives on Skid Row and gets thrown in jail for peeing in a park, because there are no toilet facilities on the street for those like him. It’s about the protestor who gets beaten and thrown in jail for holding a sign in a public space which says he’s had enough. It’s about the farmer who’s had to leave his home and work, because the state raised his land tax. It’s about the father who loses a son to a pointless war over oil in a foreign land.

It’s about the fact this is not the America we were brought up to believe in.

M1GS.

Fuck the American Dream. Make America a Reality.

ALL COUNTRIES PARTICIPATING: If you send me translation of this invite in your native language, I will create an event on this page to coincide with the English version. Please send to OccupyLBGeneralStrike@gmail.com

4. slother

slother Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 27, 2011

Re: Occupy May Day - General Strike

wow I just read some of the comments on the facebook page and some people are so ignorant to whats happening around them and have the stupidest arguments to justify their ignorance :/

5. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Re: Occupy May Day - General Strike

Online discussions often make me rage.

6. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    I believe this is one of the first if not the first poster produced by Adbuster to promote Occupy wall St. before the occupation began. Hey what’s that in the background?

[​IMG]

Is it a black bloc?

7. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

cancer, obv.

8. THEBLACKNOVA

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    What?? Cancer?? The date says Nov. 17!!
    That clearly makes it a Scorpio!!

[​IMG]

Scorpio = Oct. 23 - Nov. 21.

9. THEBLACKNOVA

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    Occupying Beyond Divisions: Anarchy, Black Bloc and Protests

Occupying Beyond Divisions: Anarchy, Black Bloc and Protests

Chris Hedges' most recent Truthdig column was a searing condemnation of Black Bloc as part of the Occupy movement. This article comes at a time when Occupy is suffering from coordinated and vicious attacks from the outside, weariness, winter (in the Western hemisphere), and rifts on the inside, and a seeming disconnect between the larger public and the movement itself. The responses to Hedges' article have been quite polarized. Some resonated with his obvious frustration and concern; others found the piece to be an offensive conflation of tactics and groups and a misguided attack on anarchists. The piece generated intense debate around the world, opening up discussions that are delving into the heart of the nature of Occupy and the profoundly diverse perspectives embodied in this movement. Join us for a panel with Chris Hedges, Margaret Flowers, Zevin Zeese, Georgia Sagri and two others from Occupy Wall Street to discuss anarchist philosophy, Black Bloc, and Occupy.

http://justin.tv/revolutiontruth/b/308693640

sorry i could not embed the video...
    starts around 8min into video...

10. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

'searing', lol. 'a frenzy of uninformed bullshit' more like.

The majority of responses have been: 'who the fuck is this dickhead?'
    The only discussion this shit article opened up was a piss poor attempt at a smear campaign, and the lulz of having mr 'the salmon tell me to blow up dams' Derrick Jensen playing non-violent hero and getting a free plug.

11. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

Yes, but the poster is very pretty and so am I, so its a Gemini, clearly.

12. Inna Ruts

Inna Ruts Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 22, 2011

hahaha, couldn't be gemini, it's too fucking stupid and greasy to the touch too, but isn't it nice to see the instant soapbubble of a "movement", trying to fit once again the good and the willing, fart it's existence out in the very last corners of the most slimy places?
    selfdeclared "anarchists" - of course with years of experience and a cozy knowledge about the european b-bloc's - explain the historical role of "gandhism" - guess they will skip the assassination part along with the historical matter... but i still look for the "anarchist" part - where in this fucking mess of liberal wishlists of "demands" for santa the good and willing is a single questioning of the status quo of power hidden - or at least a serious try to get the workers rollin'?
    hints concerning this matter apprechiated, and for motivation: the winner gets half an orange!

13. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

i don't want half an orange, i want the whole bloody thing! ;)

14. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Occupalooza! O.C. event needs speakers/ artists.

First off, if you haven't heard yet about the F29 action organized by Southern California occupies, here's some info: http://la.indymedia.org/news/2012/01/251259.php
    https://www.facebook.com/events/221156634636963/

Occupy OC, as well as activists from Occupy: LA, SD, Riverside, and Long beach are all participating in an event held at Occupy OC's current village located at: 1500 N. Brea Blvd, Fullerton, California. on February 26th as a prep-rally for the F29 action. Members from San Diego, Riverside, Long Beach and LA are coming to Orange County to participate in the event of which we are titling "Occupalooza." The idea is this is a coming together of many different occupies to plan, discuss, meet, mingle, a couple of days before the F29 action. Out of town occupiers are invited to stay in OC's camp for 3 nights and all travel to the distribution center together, seeing as OC is one of the last, if not the last southern California Occupy with a physical camp, and would be easiest to travel out from. I am on the F26 planning committee in charge of finding bands and speakers who are willing to come out, and well... play and speak. I have contacted a few people/ bands/ organizations and I was thinking of also contacting many of the organizations participating in Anarcho-punk fest to come out also. It would be wonderful if you guys could also help reach out and if you are, or know, or have contact with politically conscious musicians/ organizations/ or speakers around the southern California area who would be willing to participate to ask them, or have them contact me. I'll leave some contact information below. Right now the equipment situation is not known, though I'd imagine we could supply a generator at least. I'll keep in contact with further info if you're interested. Thank you for your time.

Also, I'm sure you know of this already, but May 1st Occupies worldwide are planning a world wide general strike. If you need info on that, you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/events/337068492974144/

Also Occupy OC's website:
    http://www.occupy-oc.org/

My email is xdxevolution@gmail.com
    Don't feel too comfortable leaving my facebook or phone number on a public forum, so email me if you can help at all. Also, even if you can't help on this specific matter, your mere presence on the 26th and more importantly the 28th would be fantastic.

Thanks!

-Dylan.

15. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

16. Inna Ruts

Nov 22, 2011

MONDIEU!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!
    in case you haven't read paul berthons recent "what's left to do" or have a preference for taoist riddles:
    apply to the next syndicalist consumers paradise for your well earned prize and the special reward for mentionable political clear-headedness:
    that makes two oranges - but due to the youth leagues demand on vitamin C we are sorry to report that we ran out of blood oranges stocks, so let's hope for the aussie-comrades to jump in...

17. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

no scurvy for me then! :ecouteurs:

18. Inna Ruts

Nov 22, 2011

thanks to Szent-Györgyi (nobel prize for medicine 1937) and charles glen kings ascorbic acid not - so we still have the best chance to get this occupied mess a-changing, or like them bikini kill gurls put it:
    RIOT NOT DIETS! (or meditation mats...)

19. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

Occupy Fort Worth got broken up by the pigs.
    :@ :@ :@ Fuck the police!

20. fubarista

fubarista Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 13, 2011

The Occupy San Diego daily email blast sent out by Democratic Party operative Ray Lutz and his team featured some comments yesterday about reconciliation, referencing South Africa, as OSD has splintered into two factions.

I submitted the following comment, which, as I'd expected, was apparently not deemed suitable for publication and did not appear in today's email blast:

Truth and Reconciliation

If the two sides in South Africa were able to come together, why can't we reconcile the 99% with the 1% so that all this antagonism stops?

Actually, Bishop Tutu admitted that the Truth and Reconciliation process in South Africa was a failure. It allowed blacks to participate in the corrupt system of government that had exploited them, and that participation corrupted them so that the exploitation continued. The townships are still there. The income disparities are still there. The 1% are still exploiting the 99%, but now they have black puppets instead of only white puppets. In both South Africa and the USA, that is what liberals call progress.

Here in San Diego we have some people who support the goals of Occupy Wall Street and prefer direct democracy to tyranny, and some who are fighting tooth and nail to protect the old capitalist imperialist system of centralized government, waving the imperialist flag, registering voters for the capitalist elections, and identifying more with the 1% and their law enforcement goons, than with scary anarchists who aren't fooled by campaign lies or the lurid lipstick of promised reforms on the genocidal pig of capitalist imperialism.

For there to be unity, there have to be common goals. Occupy Oakland has been growing, gaining public support, and able to remain cohesive by accepting a diversity of tactics in pursuit of their common goals, which are the goals of Occupy Wall Street including direct democracy. Occupy San Diego has been losing public support and is unable to remain cohesive because there are some who have the goal of direct democracy, while others have the goals of the 1%, including the preservation of the corrupt, hierarchical, genocidal capitalist imperialist system of government. When a local member of the 1% who owns big businesses and hates the Occupy Movement hung an imperialist flag on her coffee cart, Occupy San Diego rushed to hang the imperialist flag everywhere to show solidarity with the 1%.

Those who support and defend the capitalist imperialist system, and who believe that it is essentially good and needs only a few reforms which can be achieved through voting, petitioning, and making demands on the system, do not have the same goals as those who believe that the capitalist imperialist system is basically evil and must be replaced with a system that vests power directly in the hands of the people. Without common goals there can be no reconciliation.

Reconciliation requires compromise. In South Africa, as in Spain and many other countries, what was compromised was accountability, so that those responsible for atrocities walked free. Unless there is accountability, there will still be struggles for justice even after hundreds of years, as people do not forget or forgive injustice. There must be no compromise with injustice. No justice, no peace--fuck the police!