Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Obama to crack down on internet piracy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super_phun_tyme, Jun 23, 2010.

1. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I don't think anyone is saying give Obama respect, just using name similarities as a partisan tactic is completely unintelligent?

2. Ramikad

Ramikad New Member New Member

Aug 2, 2010

Back on the issue of internet piracy, I could be wrong but I have heard that The Dark Knight was one of the most downloaded movies ever, yet it still made like 997.6 million dollars.

3. gobbledigook

gobbledigook Member Forum Member

Aug 3, 2010

most people I know that downloaded it bought the original after the DVD-release, months after the start in the cinemas - the DL-quality isn't that great, because of the file-compression they use to shorten the download time.
    the download is just good enough to satisfy curiousity if you don't want to watch the movie one expensive time in cinema, while you get the DVD for the same money - and could watch it whenever you want and how often you want.
    so its just the industrys lament about the few poor souls downloading but NOT buying, they are greedy and obama plays their game - so he can get his special limited dark knight version for free?
    I wonder what's the real reason - controlling the net like they control the streets - and blaiming piracy for a reason?

4. MusicMania

MusicMania Member Forum Member

Sep 15, 2010

Fuck yeah.

And some words of wisdom:
    Obama is what happens when you LET people vote. However, America's not a Democracy, and your vote doesn't entirely count. The Electoral College's vote is what counts. The American government is so fucking crooked. When are we going to murder it and it's society?

5. cuntwafflezz

cuntwafflezz New Member New Member

Dec 5, 2010

the RIAA are a bunch of greedy fucks. If you want to support a band go to their shows instead, they hardly make any money off of record sales.