Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

NSBM

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by discrustdoom, Nov 20, 2010.

1. discrustdoom

discrustdoom New Member New Member

Nov 7, 2010

2. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Are you from Croatia or ?

3. discrustdoom

discrustdoom New Member New Member

Nov 7, 2010

I'm from Russia, my nick on the board is electric_grave :)

4. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

I will say this: the guy you are arguing is right as far as the fact that listening to a band doesn't mean you agree with their ideals.

5. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Yes and no. That means I can listen to some pro-right wing band ? well no. So, it depends. You dont have to agree with them, but you have to support them

6. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Shitty argument. By listening to something you're encouraging the band and helping it to get popular, therefore you're supporting it.

Maybe listening to a band doesn't mean you agree with their ideas, but for sure it means that you're not against their ideas. Why the fuck would you listen to white power music if you're anti-fascist ?

7. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

drudkh is my favorite black metal band.
    [​IMG]

8. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

Nov 11, 2010

The only racist band I've ever been into is Burzum, and Varg never wrote lyrics about his prejudices, plus I will never actually BUY any of his shit, I just happen to enjoy how the music sounds (though I don't listen to it often at all). And I AM against fascism, I just happen to enjoy some art by one racist piece of shit. I guess its my one true guilty pleasure.

And beyond that, I care more about music than anything, I'm more in it for the music itself, it just so happens that a lot of music from my favourite genre/sungenres (hardcore and many of its offshoots of course) has idealogy I agree with as well as sounding great.

9. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

I don't think even neo-nazis take Vargs crazy ass seriously. The dude is just a nutjob. Musically, old burzum is tight. before the crazy nordicist shit. Alot of the "blackened crust" bands would be lying if they tried to deny the influence. The newer stuff sounds like 70's italian horror movie soundtracks. Let the whiteboys sitting in bunkers in alabama keep that shit. I'd leech the older shit off slsk if i wanted to hear it but I wouldn't buy it.

10. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Skrewdriver sounds good too. I'm gonna listen to em, though they sound like 232344523 other bands, but not buy their shit, amidoinitrite?

11. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

I know you're being sarcastic, but i just had to say Ian Stuart sounded like a muppet.

Jokes aside, someone who'd check out Skrewdriver probably would already be into punk/oi! and know about Skrewdriver reputation. Thus, they'd know what they were getting into (in most cases). In some cases (not saying all), someone into metal that is just getting into black metal is going to hear Burzum and not know the history behind it (like myself 10 years ago). Being as metal is more popular than Oi!/punk/RAC, more people are going to have heard Burzum's music over Skrewdriver. That doesn't make them nazis. That doesn't mean they support nazis.

Does looking back and saying "Hey, i enjoyed Burzum's old shit." make them a nazi?

12. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

[​IMG]
    tr00.

13. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

14. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

The Burzum/Mayhem episode of Murder She Wrote:

[​IMG]

15. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

Also, I'm kinda surprised how many Slayer fans there are on here considering Kerry King is a white supremecist.

16. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

Nov 11, 2010

Yeah Varg is fucking shithouse crazy...Shit, I just noticed that probably half of black metal is prejudiced in some bullshit way...so maybe I like the music from more than one fascist peice of shit...=(

There need to be a ton of left wing Black Metal bands. The music is just so damn good, but the idealogy, even when it's not racist, is still just awful. At least there's Blackened Crust...

17. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Jack can you give some solid evidence of this other than the usual accusations? Tom Araya and Dave Lombardo are both hispanic and have said many times they would have nothing to do with Kerry if he was a white supremacist. I agree that Hanneman's and King's fascination with Nazi memorabilia is very questionable to say the least, but I would like some concrete evidence of a personal belief in that direction....thanks.

18. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

Nov 11, 2010

And if Kerry King was a white supremacist why would he have been playing in a band with two hispanic dudes for almost 30 years too...

19. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

Nov 11, 2010

Oh FUCK YEAH I just found out about this RABM (Red & Anarchist Black metal) movement, awesome...plus it features many bands I was into already (many of which play Blackened Crust, but theres also a bunch of Cascadian BM and some other stuff), which is awesome.

20. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States