Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

No Government... Then What?

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by Anxiety69, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Seeing how i think pretty much everyone on this site agrees that we want no government, I am curious to see what else you as anarchists want. These are a few things I'd like to see implemented afterwards, and I'd like your thoughts on them, or what else you'd like to see.

No Military, but we should train ourselves into private militias for defence against oppressors.

No Land Ownership.

No Taxes.

2. TaitheStrange

TaitheStrange New Member New Member

Dec 3, 2009

Re: NO GOVERNEMNT... Then What?

Excellent topic.

I think this has been one of the biggest questions I put to myself. Yes, I agree that the current fashion in which the world is run (capitalism, class structures, corporations, consumerism, etc.) needs to be brought down and for a new 'way-of-doing-things' to be established based on equality, understanding and free-thought (people should be able to live their lives how they want to so long as they don't cause harm to others, in my opinion anyway). But how can we achieve this? What would an anarchist society look like?

I definitely believe that humans must learn to adapt with and respect their environmental surroundings, including all the other species that call it home. I also think that there must never be anything like capitalism existing on this planet ever again. Needless suffering and exploitation must stop.

One possibility is perhaps a tribal/village/commune style structure to society where people set up groups of residences and practice self-sufficiency (crops, wells, etc.) in order to look after themselves and their community. However, this suggests room for anyone to set up a trade/monetary system and, bingo, capitalism rises again.

Now, I haven't been in the whole 'anarchist' thing very long, so this thread would seem to be a great place for others like myself to have answered these types of extremely tough questions. Forgive my n00bness; just thought I'd get the discussions going.

3. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

I have infinite questions about the little details of anarchist society. Most of them including law and lifestyle. I grasp the whole social contract idea but definitely need to learn more about it and also have questions about what it would be like to grow up and exsist in an anarchist society.

4. bletheringvegan

bletheringvegan Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 3, 2009

Too many anarchists just say "fuck the system!" without thinking of what our goal is aside from breaking down the walls of heirarchy. It's important that we have vision, discuss our long term goals and believe in them.

Personally, I've started reading the extensive Q&A on Participatory Economics (http://www.zcommunications.org/zparecon/zpareconfaq.htm).

5. SkankingPotato

SkankingPotato New Member New Member

Dec 9, 2009

No we wouldn't need any private militias at all. By the time people don't need and don't want the government they would have realized and learned that violence wouldn't be necessary. We would need to be educated and especially morally educated. We would need to get rid of these things called weaknesses. These weaknesses are not physical. These weaknesses are ignorance, complacency, sycophancy, racism, homophobia, sexism, discrimination, xenophobia, greed, hypocrisy and as well as all the macho tough guy bullshit that we men sometimes do.

I do think that after the glorious, epic NO GOVERNMENT process, we do need a leader. Not someone who can control and tell us what to do but just someone with a guideline like a village elder or better yet a pirate ship captain. No rules no laws because we wouldn't need them. Just a general code or guideline in case of emergency.

6. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States

I don't agree with this, because i don't ever see anarchy being completely global, and even if it is, what's to stop someone from deciding it is their destiny or right to be a dictator? Not having or needing weapons sounds great in theory, but i don't see it ever becoming a reality.

7. SkankingPotato

Dec 9, 2009

When you punch an asshole that try to start shit with you, you became an asshole yourself. How many bloody revolutions have take place? And did you see the results of them? The revolutionists became the tyrants that they have overthrown. I know weapons can reassure security and the theory of needing no weapons sounds good but by the time people have taken actions they will realize that they wont need weapons.

Like I said before if we can just educate people about the weaknesses then they would know better and will not have the greed for power. And since there are no weapons they can't do anything. I know I sound like a dreamer but hey, all great things came from imagination.

We really need to take actions now instead of sitting here. We might have disagreement here and there but we do have common goals. Let's do something before it's too late. We need to let people know what's up. Communications don't stop at words and speech. It goes beyond that into non verbal, visual messages. We all have 6 senses.

8. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

To me the commune, or at least smaller conglomerations of people, would be the way to go. Instead of government as it is now I think a more direct form of democracy would suit most needs.
    And I agree with SkankingPotato that it is of the utmost importance to educate people thoroughly, including teaching them to think for themselves and including moral values.

9. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

I find that you will face oppositon or a few differant ideas due to timelapse and should always allow freedom of thought, it would have to be organised if no ownership of land and in that, someone would own it, u may be able to have small private plots as well as bigger main ones as well as medium sized ones to be a mix of trade and food distribution until such time people can and could sustain themselves and then keep some lands in perpetuity as it were, 'The Take' documentary in argentina showed the positive way that people worked through their differances but we should not let capitalism slum like sleepng dogs, ever!!!!! their mandate: to make as much profit as possible without impunity so they are always at work, we should learn from this system most of us have been born in to change it for good, humans come up with great ideas even if you don't like them

this system does waste a hellof alot and not do things effeciantly except move money around so you can't see the damage, we will not let that happen NO!! NO!! NO!!

no leaders means just that, everyone becomes a leader/or sme asked to do a job at some point by a vote that would be put in and it would go on regular rotation, and mandate set to not let it be usurped, in that you are upskilling and giving worth to all involved, keep it simple so liberal freedom can coexist but i spose it would get quite darwin initially, as a base emotion of the human animal but what we have is brainnnsss, thought, choice etc, survival says we do not fuck over others or we cannot survive, it crosses itself out, peace.

weapons will not be needed if noone has them and a gun won't necessarly beat a bomb anyway but yes 'weopons' will stay for a bit but shall never be the aim, thats why it is think local act global or the other way round.

yes smaller communities maybe better as people would move to groups anyway and puts less pressure on resources but i would not stop big groupings but agreemant and mandate would have to be set, to keep friendly not taking advantage relations

when it happens, much like the church as it were, we could educate people in other continents who have the skills and we withall to make it a positive world view and not just a local one where mistrust and parania often begins to fester, humans can be odd haha but we will survive!

yep no tax, what for but everyone wants games haha, we could use the basis of good trade not capitalism though to create a community to not be cut off from each other through the unequilibrium of ideas but instead, freedom through human endeavour, sometimes communism has it's place but i am all for free ideas, and movement within reason, ala you can't go galavanting over the gardens because you want too, trust in you're fellow humans skills and expertise, it is the mistrust and judgementalism that is the weapon of the system they use to drive and divide us and at all costs keep them in power, civilisations been around alot longer than capitalism and we'll still be here when ita gone or a note in history and the negatives will be pushed as they outwiegh the postives ten to one and thats facts not reactionary moral judgement, bit like the autobahn etc

yea ipod were cool but at what cost......do not turn away, lets party, read that book, just do it!!!!! they don't own shit

10. Jack

Jack Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 30, 2009

The Revolution, and society afterwards, must entail:

The repression of the bourgeoisie

The collectivization of property

The abolition of currency

Direct democracy

Decentralization

A planned economy

The abolition of classes

The decentralization of industry

See hereL: http://dwardmac.pitzer.edu/anarchist_ar ... t/toc.html

The is the only way a libertarian society can be sustained and practiced.

11. Jack

Aug 30, 2009

Also, in terms of "private militias", the only real practical solution is communal militias, worker's militias. Elected, totally recallable, and subject to the will of the people.

12. SkankingPotato

Dec 9, 2009

A planned economy don't really go well together with Decentralization and The decentralization of industry as well as The collectivization of property. They're kind of contradicting each other in a way. And if there would be an abolition of currency we would not need an economy at all. We would need to be really careful with planned economy and resource allocations. Try not to make the mistakes that the communists have made in the past. They did starve a lot of people.

By the way. Be very careful folks. The anarchist world is being infiltrated by the free masons. I have reliable sources and I know someone who can prove it.

13. Jack

Aug 30, 2009

Freemasons...

Way to make me not want to address the serious things you said.

14. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

I agree, people need to be protected. Well.... its not that its "no government" i mean i like the idea of groups of people working together, putting in charge people like doctors and stuff to "govern" over the sick.

I havent read your guys explanations yet, i just saw this part. But i will read!!

15. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

after that comes scavenging from the government that we just got rid off weapons it would be like fallout in a way only peace in the most possible way grow are own cops share are food have a well share everything except maybe your GF or BF we chill and fight off opposing groups those who want to take us down or conquer us in any way we maintain peace amongst are selfs and fight off those who try and take it away from us its very complected but its how i see it basically being a raider with more of a cause then food and greed

16. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

haha I've always been a massive post apocalypse buff and I sometimes wish life could be like that but i want future generations to have a world to be proud of and don't think that Fallout is quite the life I want future children to be living in.

17. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

Man good simple ideas to go through and find solutions and never trust a capitalist who gives u icecream, r u man or mouse, bohemia or queen victoria blaa

18. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States

A lot of the Utopian Ideas of Anarchism remind me of early Israeli Kibbutzim maybe we could take the good of what they formed and improve on their mistakes?

19. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

Yes they are from the outside but also i have heard the argumant they are also the opposite as @ doesn't necessarily believe in cutting oneself off, the kibbutz are one of the main reasons sad to say for isreals slide into a dictatorial religious state, they think they are the one.

alot of isrealis disagree but wat do u do when hitler youth run ya country

and hamas not recognising isreal at this time is suicide circumstantiolly, what happens when a nation is tortured for 20 years, most of the informed people are gone and dummies run the show while other nations play em for a fiddle in the middle east, sometimes ya gotta bite ya tongue at times and do whats best for others not just you.

20. No_Justice_left

No_Justice_left Active Member Forum Member

Nov 1, 2009

The glorious, epic no government process will leave very large numbers of people dead....