Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

New server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ungovernable, May 15, 2013.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Hello all,

Sorry about the recent downtime, we've moved to a new server!

Until today, all the websites of the "Resistance Network" (of which APN is part of) were on 3 separate servers. We kept having problems with the server hosting Pirate-Punk.net and Resistance.tk, and the APN server wasn't strong enough to host them.

So we decided to buy a BIG dedicated server, which means this server will be used ONLY to run our websites and won't be shared with anybody else (except a friend hosting small french anarchist websites).

For us it's a big job to move everything (and will cost a lot of money) but this will be the last time we ever need to move to another server, and we will have optimal performance and reliability. We picked OVH, the world's leader in webhosting which guarantees the best reliability. Even if we need a bigger server later, we can just move to a different bay on the same webhost, no need to move everything to a new company!

For some users it may take 24 hours until they can reach the website, depending on how long your internet provider takes to refresh the domain name, so even if you see this post it doesn't mean that others are able to reach the website yet.

At this moment, we haven't finished transferring the t-shirt shop's website.

Thanks for your patience... :beer:

2. Noiado

Noiado Member New Member

May 11, 2013

Alright! Thanks for the info!

3. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

Oh thats why i coulnd't get online thank you Ungovernable, i thought this website was taken down for some unknown reason :lmao: ...

4. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Sorry, should have warned you first. I had to move anarcho-punk.net to the new server sooner than planned. Everything is good now.

Any of you noticed the loading speed difference ?

5. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

its loads quite more faster Ungovernable than before, it lagged alot on the older server perhaps it could be my internet connection or just the server bu t i think it runs fine :thumbsup: