Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

new here...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danny_a, Apr 1, 2011.

1. danny_a

danny_a Member Forum Member

Mar 31, 2011

Quick question...
    Why isn't every member of this forum a moderator?
    No Mods, No Masters.

2. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

IF EVERYONE IS A MODERATOR DATS CONFORMITY BECUZ WE ALL MODERATORS WE ALL DOING SAME THINGS

con·form·i·ty   
    [kuhn-fawr-mi-tee]
    –noun, plural -ties.
    action in accord with prevailing social standards, attitudes, practices, etc.
    correspondence in form, nature, or character; agreement, congruity, or accordance.
    compliance or acquiescence; obedience.

SEE RIGHT DERE

3. danny_a

Mar 31, 2011

haha
    :p
    this place is surprisingly very unwelcoming.

4. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

dude this place i think has probably made me cry at least fifteen times.

5. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Some of you should be more active of this lower one

6. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Well dude, you shit on peoples' right to dress how they want and support capitalism via the capitalist music industry. As an anarchist I'd assume you'd be against that sort of thing...considering IT'S CONTRADICTORY TO ANARCHIST PHILOSOPHY. This may even qualify as a violation of the forum's charter.

A better question is: Why are you even here, if not to be a troll?

Members with 150+ posts get access to the mod section, like advisors. Everyone can't be mods but the members who are, get elected to the position.

7. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

I'll answer yr question, leaving aside that you seem to have managed to piss a few ppl off here (in a debate I have no interest in entering into).

Allowing anybody to become a moderator would leave open the possibilities of ppl undermining the functionality of this site.
    We have previously been trolled by persons engaging in racist, homophobic, and/or sexist behaviour, ppl posting about how the 'illuminati' (read: Jews) are running the world, along with numerous other offensive and/or just plain batshit crazy theories and opinions. Allowing such persons the ability to delete posts, users, threads, et al would deeply undermine the ability of this site to function in any fashion, let alone provide a forum for discussion on punk, anarchism, anarcho-punk, etc.

The current model, where users with over 150 posts have moderation privileges acts as an (imperfect) mechanism to ensure only those with a real interest in, or shown a desire to, contribute productively to the site have the ability to make decisions on its functioning. Being completely open and inclusive whilst maintaining coherence and functionality is a bit of a juggling act, and attempts at mediating the two will always be (both from my experience here and in other groups) imperfect, nevertheless, that is why such mechanisms are in place.

8. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Butcher's my favorite. I voted for him.

9. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Mods =/= masters. Make your own forum and then give "power to the people" and be anarcho.

10. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

:ecouteurs:

11. danny_a

Mar 31, 2011

i was just making a joke.
    no mods no masters was funny. c'mon.

Never shat on anyones right to do anything. If you reread my comments you will learn that I was simply commenting on hypocrisies that often arise within this subculture. Not attacking anyone. Not shitting on anyones 'right' to do anything. The posters who were commenting on the 'lil wayne' fiasco were making it seems as though studded, band-patched vests should only be worn by raw anarchist punks, as if it is some exclusive club. It bothered me. My entire purpose was to make people see that anyone has a right to wear any article of clothing regardless of their backgrounds, interests, etc. I approached my point by speaking about the hypocrisy that was evident in their words.

No big deal.

You don't know me.

I had to google what 'troll' means because I'm not an internet guy.

that's pretty cool!

This is awesome! :)

12. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

It's not hilarious but I can see how that could be a joke. But it's also easy to see how that could be an attempt at being antagonistic or even a potentially valid question. Which leads onto this...

Your last point is kind of important here. You have joined a forum and immediately called people out as hypocrites and elitists. Your posts have come across as antagonistic, arrogant and accusatory. That sort of thing does come across as 'trolling' behaviour. If you find people unwelcoming, it's probably because you've not made the best first impression. Second impressions can be made.

13. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Eh fuck it, let's agree to disagree and take it from there. Welcome to the forum, however belated it may be.

14. trevor9849

trevor9849 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 12, 2010

LOL @ THIS TOPIC!