Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

new and learning

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by TheTrashKing541, Feb 16, 2022.

1. TheTrashKing541

TheTrashKing541 New Member New Member

Feb 16, 2022
    Oregon, United States  United States
    hi, I'm from a small town Oregon, I started this account so I can directly interact with the forums because there's a lot about community building I don't know and I would like to ask question, like how would I actually set up shows, what should I be looking out for to protect my neighborhood.

2. HealthHazard

HealthHazard New Member New Member

Feb 25, 2022
    California, United States  
    Whats up Trashking541 ....

I barely made this acc as well.. its passtime for me to type and share stories while my newborn and I stay at home. keeps the wheels turning in other words....
    Well for starters if I were you: i'd just make a band or find bands who have the same problem and interests, once you have bands then see if you know any spaces or backyards to party in... If you wish to go more diy, you could get some money together for a generator and bust a gig in the woods/riverbed/sewer/cave etc.. Make a flyer on the computer or draw the whole fucking thing and scan it, and write a map to the show so folks know the way. watch for busting gigs around houses or areas that are easily accessible to cops. might want to post the addy the day of as well because cops are on ig and social media now... The chances of your first gig sucking are high but whatever everybodys gotta start somewhere.. cheers mate I send my best regards to ya. Good luck. Watch out for them skinwalkers over there hahah

3. leather and studs

leather and studs Member New Member

Nov 21, 2021
    Male
    Indiana, United States  United States
    Shame I'm not in your neck of the woods otherwise we could connect. Don't know much about organizing shows but if you stay away from residential areas and try to cut the shows off after around 1 AM or so I think you should be good. Don't know what the police presence is like in your area but in mine it's a lot harder to put on DIY shows cause the cops here are bored outta their minds with nothing better to do.

6 members have read this thread this month

1. TheTrashKing541
  2. Charger Bullet
  3. HealthHazard
  4. Sanguine-Ex
  5. leather and studs
  6. Nightbreed