Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Neil Young quote about Punk

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Anxiety69, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    "When the punk thing came along and I heard my friends saying, I hate these people with the pins in their ears. I said, Thank God, something got their attention. "

anyone else here like old man neil? i like that he at least tried to understand and appreciated the punk rock movement instead of dismissing it like pretty much every other rock star at the time did.

2. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

real art can smell other artists haha, no matta wat johnny sez, oh and fuck neil young and fuck art, in the nicest possible way rarrrr

3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Hey Neil is a cool motherfucker what have you got against him? Met him at his ranch in La Honda Ca. out in the middle of the Redwoods. Nicest guy ever, invited us in to listen to him and his band practice in a huge barn then afterwards fed us BarBQued Venison and Beers and he could have been a dick about us showing up unanounced but he was a sweetheart about it. Sometimes he comes into the only little bar in La Honda and will play a show for the locals for free....

4. Ring Of Truth

Ring Of Truth Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

I love Niel Young!

5. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    wow punkmar77 is there anyone you haven't met? Lucky fuck :ecouteurs:

6. Rabbit

Rabbit Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 26, 2009

Pete Townshend of the Who was also a bit supporter of the early punk movement. In the incident he wrote "Who Are You?" about, he drunkenly yelled at the Sex Pistols to destroy the rock establishment because it had become part of the system.
    In both cases I have a lot of respect for the old timers seeing something new and seeing the value in it rather than dismissing it.

7. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

um can anyone take a joke farrrrr, dick huha, *somthing in spanish or is it portugeeza, wat have u got against johnny rooten ummm bla, the who rule lest be sed fuck them too, now leonard cohen or...

1. neil lives on a ranch

2. neils american or is he canadian(thats an improvement) just, or spanish or mexican meh, oh no he speaks english so he must be a tourist, led zep thought punk was alrite too

3. neil lives on a ranch singing songs about the free world, well i guess he plays free gigs for free piss

4. neil plays gigs like the big day out

5. neil young is boring for long periods of time of which classic rock stations often play

6. neil young fans are more annoying than tool fans

7. i can't come up with 10, i say i'll let him get away with it, just

8. i own a neil record

9. i hardly ever listen to it

10. i am cool ahahaha

8. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    hey don't talk no shit on my boy :p

9. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

10. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

I think it's pretty cool. Neil Young is a technically brilliant musician, and that he is able to appreciate those, who may not play technically that well, but play with their heart is cool. He seems to know who have something to tell and who doesn't.

11. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

sometimes

12. BlinkoChrist

BlinkoChrist Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 1, 2009

Southern man has to be one of the best classic rock songs and hey hey my my is the dirtiest amazing riff ever.

13. xkillxthexrichx

xkillxthexrichx Member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

neil young is good

14. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    There are millions of cool people that I've never met, but I have been a travelin whore for a long time....and I'm still working on meeting more, like you and Cocytus, and Ungovernable, n SXd, n wonder, n Blinko, and ASA, even Jack and NGMN85, the Old PunK,and Veg Barb and Anom! But I specially want to meet HALYON in a dark alley :ecouteurs: Oh and Rabbit n ROT and Back to Front and all the other beautiful motherfuckers on here that I can't think of just now..... :lmao:

15. Ring Of Truth

Ring Of Truth Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

Maybe we will meet someday in the future when R.O.T. goes on tour. Which we are doing a 4 state midwest tour this summer so maybe someone you in the Chicago/Milwaukee area I can actually meet ya at a show.

16. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

bludy americans, i luv ya border crossers X

17. New Face In Hell

New Face In Hell Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2010

I'm not a fan of his music, but he's a cool guy nonetheless.

18. TeddyBear

TeddyBear Member New Member

Mar 14, 2010

I love Neil Young. his music is fucking beautiful, and he has influenced so many different genres. I'm a sucker for grunge music and he influenced that in a lot of ways so I love him for that, and Rust Never Sleeps and Harvest are some of of my favorite albums

19. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    My favorite is TRANS... but i doubt most folks on this site would like it...

20. deadsmart

deadsmart Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 19, 2009

I enjoy Neil Young, definately the lightest/slowest shit I listen to.
    He seems like a bit of an environmentalist (which i can always respect). He's got that company that turns old cars into more enviro-friendly cars (at least he uses his shitloads of money for something good, ha).