Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Mubarak quits power !!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ungovernable, Feb 11, 2011.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    This morning he was saying he would stay in power, well now he decided to quit power !!! About fucking time. Everyone was against him, even the USA was now asking him to quit.

2. A Better World

A Better World Experienced Member Experienced member

Feb 28, 2010

I hope the people continue to live in protest until serious change can be made, countries arent just ruled by people but ideaologies as well. I also hope that this will act as an inspiration to ousting tyrants all over the area and hopefully forcing the US away from the region entirely. The egyptian people are my heros for the day.

3. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

About time, but what happens now?

4. raindeer667

raindeer667 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 10, 2009

I think democracy now coverage makes you think more than AP.

Since the military is in the seat w/ vice president. organizers who are awesome to pursue such action are going to have a huge work of course including the people and those in solidarity with the struggle. revolution shall or should, for since 30 yrs of shit supported by u$a even... obama really didn't add to anything except his script being read as usual.

5. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Probably. My sources are in french, but i wanted to post the new here so i googled the first article i found and posted it.

6. AndrewFred

AndrewFred Experienced Member Experienced member

Oct 10, 2009

I heard the military is in control until some form or person take place of office, they weren't there when the protesting went down, why are they there now. but my sources can be wrong.

7. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Yes, the militaries are in control right now

8. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

Yes, headed by the defence minister.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12438355 - Egyptians Revel in President's Resignation

Issues:

-The army is currently in control. This does not bode well for free elections.

-Obama has called the movement inspirational. However, more significantly, he has said that the change must be 'civillian and democratic'. I think these terms have Orwellian and disconcerting undertones.

-Obama has sent Mike Mullen over. US' presence is all over this.

This is great news and there is a lot of potential but there is also a real danger of business as usual... Interesting times.

9. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 12487.html - Robert Fisk, A Tyrant's Exit. A Nation's Joy.

10. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

well one thing to keep in mind with military control in egypt is that they have a conscript army...

11. Rabbit

Rabbit Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 26, 2009

Yeah, from what I've seen, the main reason that the military didn't try harder to keep Mubarak in power is because they're split, with generals supporting Mubarak, senior officers 50/50 and the lower ranks generally supporting the public. Mubarak stepping down is good, but there is still every possibility of the revolution going bad, like the French or Cuban revolutions.

12. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

And this all happened, for the most part, peacefully. Though the threat of the crowd getting violent might have been a big factor.

13. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Nothing changed, it's even worse now becouse of the millitary.

14. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

we had a celebration rally in the city on saturday, bit of a time problem too because we had to wait for the cops registration, so "only" 150 marchers did the march, some more joined the marchs end up at the citys central square with a whoopee, i hardly ever witnessed a more joyful and somewhat proud demonstration - amongst all those weekend shoppers...
    no reason to see everything in black, even with the military in charge now - Tahrir is still occupied and this is only the public expression that things in Cairo and Egypt will never be the same.
    the people outlasted mubarak - they know it, and are proud because they did - so they know they might do it again with his successors - again: it will never be the same for them.
    no doubt we and many of the egypt people will be dissatisfied with the coming reforms, watching "stability" slipping back into place - but they can't take it away anymore that mubarak had to go and this became kind of a fanal for the whole region too - like in Tunesia Tahrir was the first step and i think the people now see the way to freedom, self determination and peace much clearer than ever before.