Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Most cliche bands?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by anthonyjosafiend, Jan 16, 2010.

1. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

lets hate decades, i hated the naughties

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Good Shit, reminds me of a grind style of Victims Family type bass smashing....thanx :beer:

3. t-bag

t-bag Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 24, 2009

Are we talking bands being Cliche (In the sense of doing what they are "supposed" to do scene-wise)(The Casualties)...Or Bands that have become Cliches through the mainstream exploiting them and putting their faces on every trendy t-shirt in season?(The Ramones,the pistols).

4. t-bag

t-bag Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 24, 2009

5. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

I'm fully aware. However, for some time he was a regular at Rodney Bingenheimer's English Disco. The establishment was also frequented by Joan Jett, Pleasant Gehmen, and lots of others who would become movers and shakers in the punk scene. Just like he spent some time in New York with Blondie and the rest of the New York scene.

I'd be willing to concede that, although I'd like to double check, but the leaders of the band were big in the LA scene, their manager, KIm Fowley, was part of the LA scene, and they made their name playing in and around LA and Hollywood, they're an LA band, essentially.

Negative. I've heard of them, not a big fan, but I did some background checking. According to a Myspace page which purports to be managed by one of the band members, the wikipedia page, and one or two other sources, they started playing in 1976, after the Sex Pistols had been playing for a year and already had a substantial following. From everything I can see however, they take virtually all their influence from the New York Dolls and other NY punk bands. However, their first gig was with the Germs, and the Weirdos, two bands that were ENORMOUSLY endebted to the Pistols.

One year, according, to availible sources. If it was two, that would put them at the same time as the Pistols.

I failed spanish.

6. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    why does everyone have to be right about everything?

7. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

its just germs, sometimes they're good for ya, this one ain't but the kids keep eating it up