Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

moshing attire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stinagen, Apr 7, 2010.

1. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

boo hoo ,use strap on dildos for spikes . fuck yreah

2. xOutspokenx

xOutspokenx Active Member Forum Member

Mar 7, 2010

No spikes in pits, EVER. Yes, the pit is supposed to be a place where to release energy and anger but at the same time it's supposed to be safe enough for everyone involved. I for one not only hate people who wear studs and spikes in the pit but also people who wear boots. People sometimes can get carried away a bit too much and to be honest getting booted, even by mistake, is not that nice at all. But boots are especially bad when stagediving, they should not be worn if one plans to do that.

3. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

Okay maybe this is just a Denver thing but... Lit cigarettes in the pit? Really people??? Smoking sucks and if I'm one day burnt by some douchberg with a lit cigarette and have to come home and explain that to my parents..That wouldn't be dandy. Keep your cigarettes outside of the pit or just outside in general. Just because you are in a what is essentially a garage with no "no smoking" policy doesn't mean you should smoke.
    I also agree with what the poster above me said about boots. I don't even go into the pit but I sometimes like to go up by the stage to show my appreciation for the band and the people in the pit are constantly stepping on my feet which are in paper thin vegan canvas shoes. Ditch the leather. Stop wearing it in the pit.

4. Mike Generic

Mike Generic Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 29, 2010
     Canada
    Boots are tricky. I've got fairly large feet and almost every time I've been in a pit wearing shoes, they've been fucked up in some way or another. In K-W, there aren't many good venues for shows, and maybe 2 of them have stages high enough for stagediving, the rest either have a 3cm rise, or no stage at all, or are just people's basements.
    On that note, at some of the bigger shows I've been to, I've seen way more people get fucked up by crowdsurfers, both with and without boots.

5. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

i never go in a bit with out boots FUUUUCK THAT. i have had my toes cushed so bad so manytimes. but i undersatand i got big ol combat boots so. i dont stage dive or crowed surf. its ok i dont like doing those anyways.but ya i never go to a show with out my red boots. if your feet get crushed well wear a pair also. or watch out.

smoking in the pit is just flat out fucking DUMB if u really cant wait for the set to be over for your smoke then go twords the back or wtv. if im moshing and i get a cig burn on the face or somthing while im pushing some one then imma get realllly pissed off. but its ok cuz smoking inside of a public building in montreal and quebec is illigal. so u dont see that often. i fucking love that law. I CAN BREATH when im at bars!!

6. Connorkillschildren

Connorkillschildren Active Member Forum Member

Dec 31, 2009

I prefer to have nothing spiked at all.. I was at a show last night and i was really amazed by all of the shit that's studded these days. I even saw this girl walking around in a mini-skirt and spiked heels :/ Now in terms of spiked jackets i don't think they should be worn to shows at all, much less in the pit. If pits are wild enough (and in Denver, they always are) then you'll get bashed no matter what. Last night at that show i was standing near one of the side walls with someone in a spiked vest standing to my right. We were just standing there appreciating the music when a drunken mosher comes flying off, hits the guy with the vest, and his spiked shoulder hit me straight in the jaw. I didn't hurt that bad, no cuts or missing teeth or any of that, but an involentary jaw-spiking took place. Now, flat piramid studs are acceptable i guess, just please try to avoid the two-inch tree spikes. :ecouteurs:

Edit: AND WHAT PISSES ME OFF THE MOST: KEEP BEER OUT OF THE PIT. Someone dropped a 40 in the pit area before a show and when i was moshing I slipped and broke my ass right in front of a group of moderately attractive women. The pit was slippery as fuck all night.

7. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

ya i hate when people spill their beer and its crazzzzzzzzy slippy... i remember taking my shirt off one show and whiped up the floor as best i could with it tryign to soak up the slippy. i put the shirt back on and stunk like beer the rest of the night but i did not slip after that...

but hey atleast punk music has the best pits. i hate tough guy metal pits. i remember pretending to hump a buddy of mine during a song and a big long haired metal head came picked me up and slammed me on the floor and called me a fag. i was so confused and disoriented by what just happend though that he disapered...

or i have been to"hardcore" shows before,. the band was "i wrestled a bear once" hey i dont mind the music in small to moderate doses its a pretty intense music if u lisen. and the band was in town so i though id tag along with some buddyes check the show out. those fuckign arm flailing cock sucks man. where they jump in the air and with both legs kick out in eather direction or windmill all over the place and what not. i stayed out of the pit most of that night. i said hey let them dance how they want its their scean. but for one song. it had an inspectore gadget breakdown that gets me goin every time. i went into the pit ya know throw myself around get some rage out. i ended up ownign some guy who had been windmilling and what not liek some fool all night as soon as i got in. cuz i learned. moshing beats flailing. as long as u get past the arms that guy is going down if you want him to. i had my studded vest. and i took him out not even intentially just moshign around. and all hell broke loose and some guy wanted to fight and this and that. there was a boat load more shit that happend before that with my buddy and the flailers that i could right a page talking about,but we wont go there. but it made me really happy that atleast in our shows. there is a certain level of unity. and mutual respect (most of the time) and i try and uphold that mutual respect and unity. cuz it would brake my heart if we went to the hating ways of that "hardcore" show.

8. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    yeah seriously, what the hell is up with that windmilling shit? where did that start? and who the fuck ever thought it looked cool?

9. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

im pretty sure it started with the "hardcore jock" music liek death by stereo and h20 and bands liek that. i call it hardcore jock as a name i gave it. since there are 100 differnt "hardcore" i labled it hardcore jock hahaha. ya it started witht he whole like penny picking up or floor punchign what ever you want to call it. they would liek punch down at the floor and punch in differnt directions and do flips and spin kciks and shit. then the "emo hardcore" got to it and added the whole windmilling part on but doing the air punching faster and dumbassier.

what woudl your reaction be? your at a punk show what ever bands its up to you. your runnign around the pit having a good time. not 6 inch long spiky jckets to be seen. and a fucker atarts windmilling and doing "emo hardcore" dancing? what do you do?

10. xOutspokenx

Mar 7, 2010

Being a hardcore kid myself, I don't mind windmilling and all that sort of stuff. Not really my thing that much, but think that as long as no one gets hurt and everyone's safety in the pit is insured, then let them go ahead.

As for the boots issue, fair enough if you wear boots and want to go in the pit. But I think that if someone decides to go in the pit they should be doing so trying to still respect the basic safety of other people. Hey, I'm all about going home from a show with a few bruises here and there but I think that all potentially harmful stuff should be kept out.

As for the beer, I fucking hate it. Obviously being Straight Edge I fucking hate morons spilling beer all over me (usually morons that enter the pit with drinks and their drink goes flying all over the crowd) but the main thing is the already mentioned fact about the pit being slippery. It ain't cool or safe.

Ahahah fuck sake, reading back to all that, no wonder locally I am known as some sort of pit police!

11. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

well ya as long as your not doing a spin kick with a pair of steel toe boots hahah. or liek if you insist on crowd surfing remebr to try your best to keep your feel in the air..

the last time i crowed surfed was at warped tour a few yars back i think it was during pennywise, and i was doign alright i had my feet in the air as to not boot some one in the face or anythign and it was ok. then i guess i hit a patch of unexpecting people cuz i suddenly dropped donw and the only thing i could see but do nothign about was my boot coming down fast and hitting some poor girl right in the back of the head. she must have been 13 or 14 she was small and i drilled her hard in the head. the security saw this and pulled me off the crowed and threw me into the stage pretty hard i had a big bruise. but me only concern was tryignt o find if she was ok. but i could not get to the front of the crowed cuz all the people.

to the chick i maybe gave a concusion to. sorry....i did not mean to

since then i have never intentially crowed surfed. but i have been picked up and forced to do it lol. im a small guy and very friendly to every one and am alwase at shows so people tend to be like hey its brett! and oh there i go up in the air hahahahahahahah its kinda embarresing sometimes...

12. xOutspokenx

Mar 7, 2010

Yeah, that is the sort of right attitude. But in a good few years of going to shows I have bumped into a countless amount of dickheads that are just too selfishly wreckless to really consider the fact that they might injure someone that way.

13. Mike Generic

Mike Generic Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 29, 2010
     Canada
    Ah, beer in the pit is annoying too. It makes the floor slippery as hell, and the cups/cans/bottles are way too easy to slip/trip on. Also, broken glass on a beer-slippery floor just plain suuuucks.
    And then there are the drunk bastards who try and dance with a bottle in their hands. Had one broken over my head when I saw GBH in Montreal last year. Not fun at all.

Now to the windmilling/spinkicking.
    Fuck it.
    This was huge in my hometown years ago, and it's one trend that could not have died faster. Buncha pricks who have no regard for those around them who want to look tough, flailing around like idiots. Luckily, it was mostly confined to metal/hardcore/metalcore shows, but occasionally, a few of these knobs would show up to punk shows, and make a huge fuss when people got upset at them for swinging their foot inches away from people's faces.

14. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    wow, rude-boy, u just admitted to crowd surfing for pennywise :lmao:

15. Ring Of Truth

Ring Of Truth Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

I apologize now for a long post, I haven't been on in a while, so I have a lot to say I guess.... okay anyway.

First of all, leather jackets with big sharp spikes, and also sharp spiked bracelets should be removed before going in the pit... put them by the monitors on the stage is usually what a lot of people I have seen do. I always either leave my coat with my girlfriend who never goes in the pit, or put it on the stage (and it doesn't even have spikes).

Studded jackets are fine... and speaking of which do any of you realize why jackets were studded in the first place? What they are is studded leather armour, and can actually have the potential of deflecting a blade if someone tries to stab you. In the early days of punk that was a useful fashion accessory, since a lot of punks were poor and spent time on the streets in some bad places of cities. (just a useful history lesson).

Naked moshing, I have been to some basement shows where the crowd and band strips down... I don't know I like the feel of a basement full of naked bodies slipping and sliding against eachother. Sure the big hairy naked guy can be a lil gross... but that really doesn't bother me... by the end of the show we will probably be hugging and stuff anyway so whatever.

Beer in pits... in a basement a wet slick floor can be fun if there are enough people, at a large venue it just gets dangerous. In a basement usually there is enough people packed together to support each other.

Cigs in pits... whatever I guess but it fucking sucks to someone like me who has an allergy to smoke, I can't breathe when people are smoking, and the burns suck, but the lack of breathing is worse. I think smoking in a pit is inconsiderate to others.

And what's wrong with crowd surfing to Pennywise Anxiety? I admit it I like Pennywise, but I never denied that I do love pop-punk though.

Okay and crowd surfing... fuckin love it, I will do it at any venue, as long as there is enough people, I also have a thing for jumping off of things whether I am playing or in the crowd. But I don't wear boots at shows, give me a good pair of skate-shoes with good ankle support, it makes moving around much easier, and my feet can breathe better.

Well there is my opinion on this...

16. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    nothing wrong with it, just total BRO/ Frat BOY music. to each their own, i just think it's funny anyone would waste their time listening to them.

17. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

Waste their time? Maybe they get something out of it that you don't?

I have never really listened to Pennywise, but try not to say comments like that =P

18. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

meh.. it was like 4 or 5 years ago...i was like 14.

19. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

99 percent of the kids at Kollapse "Fest" in the pit had their studs on, leather, belts, hats etc. etc. My arms are pretty scraped up, but i dont mind it at all (i even have a scratch on my forehead) considering i do more harm to them than they do to me without realizing it. Still fun though.

20. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010