Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Michael Moore

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by Rathryn, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

I've been downloading random documentaries off of Isohunt for the last week or two and there were a couple there by Michael Moore. I'm not saying that I believe everything he says, condone everything he does or how he does it, but it made me wonder.
    If someone as mainstream a "rebel" as Michael Moore sees at least partly what's wrong with the US (and the world for that matter) why won't the rest of the mainstream pick up on that? o_O

2. Jimmy DeLocke

Jimmy DeLocke Member Forum Member

Dec 5, 2009

because most people would rather continue eating shit and voting for change, complaining about the state of things and giving away their personal power so that they can blame those in power for their miserable lives instead of taking responsibility and actually doing something. it's quite the psychological fuck-job.

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    The USA is in a major state of DENIAL... I'm not a big michael moore fan, but i do recommend roger and me & bowling for columbine.

4. KnockItBack

KnockItBack Active Member Forum Member

Dec 8, 2009

(By mainstream, I assume you mean celebrities, the news, producers responsible for a lot of TV shows, etc. Right?)

Because the mainstream reaps the benefits of being mainstream in America. They don't care about everything that is fucked up because their world is great. Michael Moore is famous for what he does... that is how he built his reputation. People like, say, Britany Spears are famous for other reasons; no one gives a shit about her beliefs, they just want to hear her sing and look pretty. If she started rebelling against capitalism (ha irony) then people who like capitalism would stop going to her concerts.
    It's like when Pam Anderson got shit for joining Peta and doing the no fur ads.

5. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Not necessarilly limited to the media, but also the mainstream population, as in the opposite of alternative, basically.

6. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

you should check out his old tv show called tv nation , theres some interesting stuff on there