Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Media in Anarchy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Probe, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

In an anarchist society, would the media remain? There should be a way to give the people global news etc?
    and what about movies? would Hollywood actors/actresses still be "worshiped" :/

2. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Of course, a society without freedom of press is a dictatorship... Since all the political decisions would be taken by the people, informing them with global news and other journals would be one of the top priority.

And who cares if people worship famous star of the past... the problem is not their celebrity but their wealth...

3. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Thinking of the rare "free" net-radios and the even more rare stations still on air, I'm quite sure there will be a multitude of media. Information about global news, progress in technology and science, discussions about the social movement are very important to keep the whole thing running and developing further.
    And I would't mind if the media become a lot more responsible and serious about their job, little or no brainwash, better entertainment - and if it's still necessary to worship people, why not for their deeds to peoples cause, instead of plastic surgery and mindless statements for cheap thrills.

4. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    if there was to be a media in an anarcho society, i think the opinion would need to be taken out and only facts reported on. no trying to sway people one way or another.

5. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

anxiety69,

guess you're right about "what you think about people wearing plastic boots"-opinions and anti-social right wing blablubb - but loosing the opportunity to discuss serious matters on a above local only level?
    Taking anarchopunk.net or two east-germoney radio stations for example, I and me mates learn a lot and get important inspiration from the inter-national discussion here, or the east german Punks debate about how to deal with bonehead problems - and it's all about individual opinions - united under the common cause.
    Even for my slave-job in real life some of the discussed aspects of enviroment protection in relation with doing the job under todays circumstances (profit,profit,profit...) it's really good to hear the points of view of others who are working under the same conditions, limitations. Some of it is bullshit without real use, but some of it keeps me thinking about how I do my job.

6. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    what i would want in an ideal medai (and by media i mainly mean news reports) is facts. just facts, no fluff pieces, no opinions on what's going on, just evidence. I don't want to hear newscasters opinions, editorials, or anything like that. or tone of voice implying opinions. if i wanted that bs i'd watch talk shows or something. the media is a tool that needs to be for people to find out what is going on, not propagandha to sway people towards whatever the network executives and news directors want people to believe.

Now if the media was biased towards anarchism my opinion would be different, it would be a dream to see the media encouraging direct action revolution and anarchsim, but if we were to be in an actual anaracho society, i think trying to sway people by miss using the media would be a misnomer.