Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

McDonald's animal cruelty

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by ungovernable, Nov 21, 2011.

1. danzigmcfly

danzigmcflyActive Member Forum Member

Sep 29, 2010

of course, but wage inequality is what you expect from a fast food place it would be unable to function and charge what it does if the employes were paid a living wage. i was trying to say that in my experience that franchised minimum wage jobs have a healthier workplace (not to say it is what it should be) than those who are corporate run operations.

2. butcher

butcherExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

no-one's been 'booked' for 'flame wars', i just noted that I'd prefer the different arguments (in this instance between those which [were] occurring within the mods section and the one inre maccas and 'good wages' here) stay within their respective threads to avoid the re-occurrence of something like the sali(e) saga whereby an argument spills across multiple threads.

I didn't mention 'flame wars', nor did I discourage 'flaming', in fact I actually encouraged it:
    My primary issue is one of context, not content.

More snide than daft (or a bit of both), to put it more politely:
    What is the connection between 'endless flame wars' and 'an anarchist and anti-capitalist website'?

Anywayz, I'm off to crush Kronstadt.

3. Inna Ruts

Inna RutsExperienced Member Experienced member

Nov 22, 2011

too late maybe lev davidowitsch, the commune imposed kind of a news blackout, which is very unusual to my experience with those extremists who really meant it all the time i was spending with them.
    i hope it's only extremists paedagogic trickery forcing me to make up my mind about this mess myself -
    but if Kronstadt left the pet cementary... congratulations would be sarcastic i guess?

taking a look around and making up my mind was quite ... sometimes, guess i would get some angry looks for some of my impressions, interpretations and deduction of things deleted or threads i can't access, but it's my personal thing and i don't want to step in for people who do theirs and so already might have moved on.

mixing apples with dramaqueens (from out of context) and notorious consumerist mimicks wasn't really a good idea in my eyes - and i would have taken it personally - but of course i wouldn't say that in public.
    - well, smells like soviet spirits to my nose and i'm really grateful that asking me
    is asking the wrong person, i'll take the pretty excuse - and yes, butcher bronstein, you never mentioned flame wars and you never mentioned it in context with people who were - at least in public - never blamed for flaming others:
    and yes, the euro-trash card isn't daft at all, only snide if anything or a bit of both, but it didn't really happened too and what/where or a bit of both the fuck is Кронштадт...?!

4. Inna Ruts

Inna RutsExperienced Member Experienced member

Nov 22, 2011

wage inequality is part of the usual carrot-on-a-stick-tactic used in capitalist organized labour justified with inequality of qualification and responsibility for the success - but this isn't really the problem with this growing part-time-low-pay sector.
    if the majority of workers are part timers with a working time limited by tax- and insurance free conditions the income of individual part timers is pretty much the same as their colleagues - the important point is - at least in europe - the saving of the employers part on health insurance, unemployment and social security duties to pay - so three or four part timers come cheaper than one full time job. the next point is the status in labour laws - part timers don't count as employees, aren't fully protected against firing - the enterprise doesn't have to have shop committe of representatives, most low pay companies aren't members of employers associations - a perfectly almost lawless space for minimum wages and any breach of work safety or cover for illness - most trade unions aren't interested in part timers and don't support them.
    i think working for a corporate enterprise is much healthier than slaving for minimum wage - because of the labour laws, the trade unions - and the guy three states over lording over a hundred or so stores and having a hole legion of bureaucratic middle managers is quite a blessing compared with a franchise taking boss still hoping for profits while threatened by the usual business risks and the financial duties resulting from the franchise agreements - thats my experience from watching 14 mcdonalds chain stores in southern bavaria/germany.
    mc donalds keeps the profitable stores for itself - getting the profits directly and only franchising the less profitable stores, often in direct concurrence with the "true" subsidiaries or based in less attractive locations - and the franchise taker takes the risk, all the time paying to mc donalds, some suppliers, his part-time employees, the financial authorities, lawyers and and and - so the pressure to make a reasonable profit is building up and the fluctuation of workers is much stronger than in the "true" mcdonals led by a rarely present manager half god...

5. Bentheanarchist

BentheanarchistExperienced Member Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

Fight Flame War! Not Flame Wars!

6. exploited casualty

exploited casualtyMember Forum Member

Apr 2, 2012

i don't give money to kfc, mcdonalds, burger king or anything, because of the abuse, it's sickening and wrong. they will do anything for money, they only care about money! a chicken is a chicken nugget to them before it's even been killed. scum bags!

7. Misledpunk

MisledpunkMember Forum Member

May 19, 2012

8. LiveVeganStayVegan

LiveVeganStayVeganActive Member Forum Member

Mar 22, 2011