Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Live news from G20 in toronto

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by ungovernable, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

There are a couple other sites that are pretty good that are linked from those websites that should be checked out. Plus all the stimulator updates made in the last week or so. Even before the actual protest started.

But hell yea, i'd be there if i could. Keep up the good work and fuck the police and there 1 billion dollar crowd control budget!!

2. PowerOfMedusa

PowerOfMedusa Member Forum Member

Jun 17, 2010

the toronto media coop is great. i was checking out some of the youtube videos from the protest that were uploaded yesterday. pretty amazing.

3. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I just checked these out, good stuff, but I will say I'm a little disappointed in the lack of direct action. Seems like it's going to turn out to just be another ignored protest.

4. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Nevermind, found some more videos. A few burning trash cans and cop car. Hopefully today is more productive.

5. PowerOfMedusa

Jun 17, 2010

yeah, yesterday i saw one of the cop car ones. forgot to mention it to you.

6. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Besides you, of course.

7. PowerOfMedusa

Jun 17, 2010

hahah. i'm glad i can compare.

8. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

<3 <3 <3 <3

9. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Oh because maybe you would do better ? You are a super activist and you would do direct actions even with 10,000 cops watching you and a security budget of 1,000,000,000 dollars ?

There is no direct action because we can't do anything.

And BTW, the cops arrested a couple of different groups in possession of explosive, fuel, weapons, and other stuff.

first time you see a g8/g20 protest or what ?

and to you, direct actions is burning cop cars ??

10. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

You nailed it.

Officer Ungovernable.

11. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    What an answer ! That's all you can come up with ?

All you can do is take shitty pictures of yourself in protest, so stop critizing others for not taking direct actions when you cant even do it yourself, kid.

12. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

When I first posted ITT I haven't seen much videos and coverage of what was happening, so my assumption was wrong, clearly. At first it seemed to me like another liberal, overly passive demonstration. I'm in no way claiming I'd do more, or for that same arguement, less, because simply enough, I'm not there. I can't predict how I'd handle said situation unless I was there. I understand the high security statute in place. And as far as the burning police car being the most beautiful thing I've ever seen this is because I have been anticipating this demonstration for a while now, and even knowing full well things would be on fire, this is still like experiencing a wish come true, though I also understand these may be false flag operations used to discredit protesters and allow police to use brutal force. I also was exaggerating a bit seeing as I started straying away from the topic at hand and in turn just talking to my girlfriend.

So basically, stop being the anarchist police man and taking everything everybody says as way to literal, because there's a lot more meaning to what people say than the words you see. I'm not trying to insult you here and call you the "Nazi" of this board, like tons of other people here, because I see where you we're coming from. I'm just letting you understand the misconception of what I wrote.

13. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Whoa, no need for personal attacks here. Is name calling and insulting ones persona your idea of tactical argument? I just explained above, so no need for this juvenile attacking of persona. Like I said above I respect you, unlike many people here. Don't force me to lose this respect.

14. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Also, back on subject, thank you for the links to the coverage.

15. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    You are the one who started personnal attacks, name calling, and juveline attacks, thats pretty much hypocrite from you to ask me to respect you.

"anarchist police man", thats what you call respect ?

Shut up dude, because i give my opinion doesnt makes me an anarchist policeman, you just keep throwing random insults because you dont know what to answer and want to hide your lack of arguments.

You are calling me "officier ungovernable" and "anarchist police man. Not better than the one who call me the "nazi of this board".

On top of all, what you say is very stupid. Because of the lack of direct action doesn't means it would be an "ignored protest". Maybe you still didnt realize that the medias are always focusing on violence and only covering the number of arrests and the number of cop cars that were burned up. They dont care about anything else. And you are playing the same game. You are acting like a fucking journalist, like a fucking TV mass media host "oh the protest is cool but there is not enough violence, not enough burned cop cars... we need more SENSATIONALISM". You only focus on the spectacle and the sensationalism, don't be surprised of my reaction when i see yours.
    Critising others when you know you couldnt do better is really stupid.

16. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

You do act as a standing officer, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything derogative, or at least not how I meant it. What I meant by that is that you constantly shut people down for their opinions of things rather than hearing them through and helping shape their views and opinions, which would have been a lot more beneficial of you done so to me. It was more of a descriptive term, such as an adjective more so than name calling. There's no doubt you have an authoritarian aspect on this board, you can't deny that. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm not calling you "Officer Ungovernable" because what you say or contribute, but rather how you contribute, regardless, IMO it's better than being a Nazi, which wouldn't allow it all at.

I'm not trying to argue, rather I'm just trying to clarify what I meant by certain things. Is that understandable enough? I don't want to argue about this, well really, because there isn't anything to argue. I get where you are coming from, I'm trying to be understanding. I also in return half expect you to be understanding as to where I was coming from also.

If it helps, I'm sorry for my initial ignorant statements. I'm sorry I called you Officer Ungovernable
    I really don't want to be battling an irrational subject on a message board right now. I'm more in the mood for lurking.

Truce?

17. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Oh yeah riiiight, i act like a standing officier because i give my opinion on your stupid criticism of the activists who have the courage to do something when you sit down and do nothing. Whatever.

YOU are the one who act like an officier by being aggressive when i critic you.

I did that.

But you answered by calling me "officier ungovernable". Then you talk about hearing peoples instead of "constantly shutting people down". Fucking hypocrisy again.

Bullshit. This forum is the only forum of the whole internet where the members collectively decide about the decisions to be taken and are able to vote. You critic everything but you couldnt do better, you dont even understand how hard it is to manage a forum like this one. On top of all, you don't even get involved in the direct democracy process so shut up and dont critic others. If i were you i'd shut up.

How the fuck am i an authoritarian ? I don't impose anything by force, i never took a decision alone, i always pass decisions through votes when i could actually take all decisions without asking others since i have admin rights. If i decided to establish this unique direct democracy system it is definatly because i'm not an authoritarian and this forum isnt ran in an authoritarian way.

I'm really sick of kids who constantly wrongfully see authoritarism and fascism everywhere. This is a real big joke to what real fascism/authoritarism is.

18. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Whatever dude.

Over it.

All I was trying to do was explain myself, and I apologized, I don't know what more you want.

You win.

19. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

Nice Queeruption on submedia.tv