Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Lady Gaga is one of us!

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by SurgeryXdisaster, Mar 17, 2010.

1. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

...That is extremely unlikely TBH. First, they probably wouldn't even know what "Doom" on the jacket would mean. Second, there's a definite possibility they wouldn't be able to find where to download Doom...and lastly, how often does someone make a musical jump as drastic as top 40 pop to old-school, pre-grindcore crust punk?

2. Kerstbal

Kerstbal Active Member Forum Member

Dec 4, 2010

Yeah, stupid I agree. I should've said, a rockstar which uses his talent for the right things :p

3. Max L

Max L Member Forum Member

Feb 3, 2010

Does Lady Gaga de-punk me?

So for Hanukkah I got a great new Ipod nano. unfortuately i lost it at a christmas party i went to. When i lost it, i had 2 playlists on it, one consisted of Anti Flag, Left over crack, Omega tribe, Unit F, and some foreign bands, and the other contained Lady gaga, the yeah yeah yeahs, ect. some Monster truck douche bag found this and told me that because of the later play list, i must be a poser punk, and continued to make distasteful comments about my genitals. I pushed him down some stairs, had a beer and left, but it lingers on me, does lady gaga make me a poser?

honestly i will listen to her regardless, I'm just wondering what u think.

4. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Re: Does Lady Gaga de-punk me?

Caring about it so much you have to ask, then maybe. I'd be more likely to make fun of someone for liking anti-flag. I smell troll.

5. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    yes, listening to lady gaga very much makes u a troll.

6. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

No, baiting us by saying "Am I a poser for liking..." followed by some ridiculous sounding story makes a troll. I may be wrong, but I doubt it. Seriously, who asks that?

If it is a troll, though, I guess I'm guilty of feeding it.

7. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

such as?...

8. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

For all i care, listen to what you like.

Personally, i just hate how Lady Gaga seems to be able to promote herself as new, alternative and ground breaking by quoting some half-done Warhol statements and dressing up. Of course i like that pop stars are getting some stronger expressions again, but she is not doing something new and alternative musically.

9. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

I don't care about her either way. If you think about it...she's just rehashing what Grace Jones did in the 80s. She may be more popular because she's a little blonde girl who's always naked.

This conversation has been going on for far too long. That video and the non-issue of Lady Gaga and punk happened like a year ago. Everything has been said. I propose we just let it die.

10. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    well, chances are people new to the site will continue to comment on this, so just letting it die may not be easy, but i don't see any harm in it continuing.

11. cheyannepiacenza

cheyannepiacenza Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 1, 2011

i don't normally judge clothing, but i saw this guy on the trolley one day with a lady gaga shirt and thought "gross..", THEN he put on a jacket that was crust as fuck! nasty crust patches all over it, i was so sad..

12. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

i bet this is what shed love us punx and anarchists sitting and talking about on a website and discussing if she was a guy or girl

13. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: I just died....

14. Bones Booking

Bones Booking Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 16, 2010

I dont know if this has already been said in this post but here are some itneresting facts.

-She bought the leather jacket at a NYC local punk clothing store called 'Search N Destroy" she bought it there for cheap obviously, then they returned it "supposedly" and then the store sold it about about $2000 "supposedly".

-The director of that video, as well as some of other videos from her and Beyonce and some other R & B bastards are actually directed and produced by none other then an original member of an oldschool Death/Black Metal band "Bathory" his name is Jonas Akerlund he was the drummer. He has also produced some of Metallica's videos and i think Slayer ones? Not sure, but anyhow i found that to be fucking hilarious haha.

-If Sakevi would still be around and he would find out about this i think he would literally go take care of business, if you know what i mean :lmao:

15. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

Flamethrower fo' sho'!

16. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

That would have made me sad too. Not so much that a crusty punk guy was listening to Gaga (that just baffles me), but that he was buying into her merchandise and indirectly helping her stay disgustingly rich.

17. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
  18. raindeer667

raindeer667 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 10, 2009

it 's just a stupid t-shirt anyone can wear one, and only fools buy 50$ tshirts.

perhaps alcoholic punks in a gay bar dancing to her beats would be better to boast han the shit being swayed around. this is another crappy waist i expect from this and these.

19. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    And it goes on....

Lady gaga's New videoclip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1FrqwZyKw

She's dancing on a tattooed dude, it's Rico Zombie, a well-known punk from Montreal in Quebec

And apparently there's another unreleased videoclip with him again...

[​IMG]

20. BrandonConvicted

BrandonConvicted Member Forum Member

Feb 25, 2011

Lady Gaga is hot as fuck. And she's also probably one of the only bright spots in pop. Her music isn't as disastrous as stuff out there. And her fashion, and superb out-goingness really sticks her out.