Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Lady Gaga is one of us!

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by SurgeryXdisaster, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Unreasonable Man

Unreasonable Man Active Member Forum Member

Feb 14, 2010

Well when you put it that way having 12 year olds exposed to Doom and Gism doesn't seem like that bad of a tradeoff for being consumed by monoculture.

2. New Face In Hell

New Face In Hell Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2010

And what's wrong with being happy? I'm tired of all these punks being so nihilistic and misanthropic. Happiness does not always equal complacency.

3. Lunadimae

Lunadimae Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 1, 2010

She's a damn millionaire, while other punks live in the gutters. There's nothing really wrong with that other than being happy with riches while calling yourself a punk is a bit weird in my opinion, since punk is mostly related to the streets, not living in a villa with money and fans gushing in unless you're a mainstream 'pop-punk' fan like Avril Lavigne that so-called punk.

But that's just me, I mostly relate punk with lower class, and Subhumans-style 'dissatisfaction'.

4. New Face In Hell

Jan 22, 2010

Well, I thought you were just talking about happiness in general. My post had nothing to do with riches or celebrities.

5. Lunadimae

Lunadimae Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 1, 2010

Ah well, no, I do not have anything against happiness as an anarchist I try to strive for happiness instead of just complain about oppression. But when it comes to happiness due to greed, power and wealth it would be another thing fully.

6. KACAPUNK

KACAPUNK Member New Member

Mar 10, 2010

7. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

im suprised no one was like ahhh! sell out they are making all kinds of money off putting the band logo right there on the jacket in a mtv video.

8. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

doom was surprised, i do wunda, why b surprised by anything the most evil empire does, gues beeing an indy diy anarcho band was just lazy

9. Ring Of Truth

Ring Of Truth Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

You sound a bit like me in what you say... here is my opinion on being rich (keep in mind I am a bit of an optimist)... How can a person be rich while there are still people starving in the streets, while there are still people without homes, how can a person accumulate wealth, and live with themselves with all of the wrongs in the world...

Okay that being said. That is the standard by which I live my life, but then again I have always been poor and will always be poor. However if someone has talent and they are lucky enough to get paid millions of dollars to do what they enjoy, does that necessarily make them a bad person, I mean if you met that person, didn't know who they were or how much money they had, and you hung out with them and found out they were cool, would you hate them if you found out that they get paid millions to do what they love? I am not disagreeing with you for hating rich people... just posing a question. It is so easy for us to quickly judge people that we do not know and I am also guilty of it... but do you know who else does that? The Cops, the Christians, all of the other fascists that we hate so bad... so why do we strive to be just like them? Hating people purely because they have money I have a feeling is based on jealousy of the poor wishing that they could have the money instead. Hate the individual, based on facts that you KNOW about the individual, not on how much they get paid for their talents.

I bet I will get a lot of you slagging me for this one... but I just think that people should think before they judge (I am guilty too)

10. New Face In Hell

Jan 22, 2010

Prepare for the shitstorm, Tim.
    :ecouteurs:

11. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    I agree with rot.. i think just because someone has money doesn't mean they should have to give it away to others or help support people who don't work as hard as they might have to make the money themselves. I think using that money to help others is important, and should be considered, but it should not be mandatory or anything, if the rich people want to be selfish and tightwads with their money, they have every right to be.

In the case of lady gagme, i think it is pathetic that the public at large has made her a star and a millionaire. It's one thing to appreciate a person for their talents whether it be artistic, athletic, whatever, but for the public to support these people by giving them had over cash is insane.

12. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Anarchists hate the bourgeoisie and Lady Gaga is the perfect example of the bourgeoisie. It represent all the value anarchism hate the most : selfishness, wealth, etc...

There is no such thing as a good selfishness person, i don't give a fuck if she's living out of what she love or not, she's the ennemy to fight and will always be.

The comparaison with christian and cops is totally stupid.

With the same logic you brought on we could say that Bill Gates, Robert Murdoch or any of the most rich assholes of this world are so cool because hey they have talent and they live out what they are doing, and we don't know them personnally, blah blah blah

She got famous by making shitty music (and maybe she doesn't even write her own lyrics like many other famous artists) and appearing half nude on tv, biggest symbol of disgrace against feminism.... and you call that "talent"

i think i'm gonna puke

13. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

yea rot and yea ungovern, delete, not a good example when its the 'hot topic'

14. fagpunx20

fagpunx20 Active Member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

I see that you guys all hate lady gaga and I personally dont like to listen to much mainstream but I dont see any type of justification in your decision to put her down so much. To each is own I say. I fuckin dont allow myself to be narrow minded when it comes to music and art. . . and yes art is not usually not in the mainstream when your record company is writing all your shite for you. . . but i am personally fascinated so far by all of Gagas work. I am not embracing her with a passion, just admiring what work I have seen from her so far. I personally love that video. It gave the feel of a Taratino movie and of course you see the Pussy Wagon that was used in Kill Bill 1. I am fascinated so far.

15. fagpunx20

fagpunx20 Active Member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

I read through all of the replies and I can see that not all really put her down. I made that assumption from just a few replies. . . but again still dont see how someone cant be diverse in their music styles. You shouldnt really give a fuck what music style others listen too.

16. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

if she fascinates you, the nazis wuld've too, it not about 'her', its not about her music, its bigger, dig it fag

wud u take the banana or powdered banana, 'idiocricy', wud u trust the thrif or the person offering charity, do u trust the system that votes fags r crap, its their right right, yea so was working 24 hours dasy all week, read some history yo please

this shud not be a topic for discussion on here, keep it in ya pantz yall

17. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    what the fuck, now you are calling users a negative gay slur?

18. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

'here we go again', getz out best spandex pantz, thats their user name x

19. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    We don't care about what others listen to, we are critizing only lady gaga

If you still wonder why, here's a couple of reasons

Because:

1) Anarchists hate bourgeoiseie and rich peoples, especially when they are selfishness and do stupid stuff with their money instead of sharing and helping those in the need

2) Anarchists hate mainstream music, especially MTV shit and especially peoples like Lady Gaga who put forward a very bad image of women.

3) Anarchists are feminists (at least, most of them) and don't support the women who get half nude to be famous, especially when a bunch of young girls are fan of this music, they admire them and wants to be like them.

4) We don't like the cliché of today's mainstream music, a women getting half nude and singing stupid lyrics is not better than gangsta rap talking about fucking random chix, having a lot of bling bling, dealing crack and killing peoples. And if you turn up your tv to MTV that's like the ONLY THING we see everywhere

5) Most of her lyrics talk about getting drunk, having sex, and other bullshit. Not surprising because she was a STRIPPER before she got famous.

6) She's totally crazy, she believe in illuminati and the whole New World Order bullshit, stupid conspirationist theories started up by a bunch of extreme-right assholes. She think there is a big conspiration between all governments to make us robots and blah blah blah

And here's more reasons to hate her:
    What a good image for today's youth and young girls.

20. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada