Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Killer Whale kills its trainer at Sea World...

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Vegetarian Barbarian, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Good!

:rock:

it isnt the first time he has either. Maybe that was a sign that HE DIDNT LIKE BEING HELD CAPTIVE IN SEA WORLD HUH!!

No remorse on my end for the trainers.

2. Carcass

Carcass Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 12, 2009

Well done, Tilikum.

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    do these trainers actually hurt the whales? and it's actually not good because usually the animals are killed, so it's basically lose lose.

4. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

My reaction to this is similar to my reaction when Roy (Of 'Siegfried & Roy') was bitten by the tiger. This kind of thing is sort of inevitable. These are large predators that are not naturally predisposed to jumping through hoops and so forth. This woman's death is a tragedy, but it was a preventable one.

5. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Sea World is one of the worst whale and daulphin attraction park, one of the founder (Ric O'Barry the one who made Flipper famous) is now spending his whole life fighting against this shit and recently have released the documentary-movie "The Cove" (watch it, it is excellent)

the only fact of making the whales prisonners in captivity is hurting them

6. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Organizations such as the World Society for the Protection of Animals and the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society campaign against the captivity of dolphins and Orca; SeaWorld, which owns 20 of the world's 42 captive Orca, is cited for its role. Orca are known to have a shorter lifespan in captivity than in the wild, though for bottlenose dolphins this does not appear to be the case.[25] Small pools have caused sensory deprivation, in which dolphins cannot make much use of echolocation whilst living in captivity.

Aggression in captivity is also not uncommon. In August 1989, a dominant female Orca, Kandu V, tried to rake a newcomer Orca, Corky II, with her mouth during a live show.[26] Corky II had been imported from Marineland California just months prior to the incident. According to reports, when Kandu V tried to rake Corky II, she missed, and as a result swam into a wall. It is reported that a loud smack was heard across the stadium. Although trainers tried to keep the show rolling, the blow severed an artery near Kandu V's jaw, and she began spouting blood. The crowd was quickly ushered out, and after a 45-minute hemorrhage, Kandu V died. Various SeaWorld trainers have also sustained serious injuries from working with the animals.[27] In November 2006, Orca Kasatka held 39-year-old trainer Ken Peters below the surface by his foot at SeaWorld San Diego, though the trainer eventually managed to safely exit the pool.[28] In February 2010, an experienced female trainer at Sea World Orlando was killed by Orca Tilikum during a lunchtime presentation in Shamu Stadium.[29][30]

SeaWorld's attempt to capture several Orca in Puget Sound in the early 1970s using powerboats, airplanes and explosives to drive the animals resulted in the capture permit being revoked.[31][32] The animals are now obtained through breeding including artificial insemination, loans, and purchases from other marine parks around the world.

7. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

Or it's a win win... I for one would prefer getting killed for killing my trainer that makes me jump through hoops for a payment in small fish, than living a long and unhappy life in a small cell entertaining ignorant people and wow, all of a sudden this turned into a classwar question!^^

8. miserablist

miserablist Experienced Member Experienced member

Feb 11, 2010

Shame it didn't munch on its trainer and an animal rights activist, now THAT would have been win-win!

9. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

How would that be a win-win?

10. Vegetarian Barbarian

Oct 19, 2009

Because he thinks animal trainers are as bad as animal activists. DUUHHHHHHHHH :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs:

sorry about that last part, but i dont agree with him.

11. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

They put clorine in the water - THAT is hurtful to the animals. But the water have to look "pretty blue" (GROSS!)

- Apart from that, one of the dolphins that Ric O'Barry used to train actually committed suicide (it simply choosed to stop breathing, whales can actually do that) due to being to stressed in captivation during the flipper serie.

12. New Face In Hell

New Face In Hell Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2010

I would have totally payed to see a trainer get mauled. :lmao:
    It's like the Roman Colosseum all over again!

13. miserablist

Feb 11, 2010

Animal Rights activists are callous nutters who dress up their alienation in the guise of compassion to take out their dysfunction on society. Whilst I am no fan of keeping animals in captivity for amusement I think that people's gleeful response to the death of this poor woman belies deep seated psychological problems.
    Sorry for the over generalisation there. I know that there are nice, normal people that wear cardigans and eat (vogon)cheese and everything who are concerned with animal welfare. But the preponderance of fucked up nutters in the 'movement' and the tolerance for them is disgusting. The sort of people who think it's a good idea to dig up someone's granny in a protest or picket a child's school due to the job their parent has disgust me.
    The issue of so called animal rights, a troublesome concept for a start, is so emotive that the actual issues are bogged down by lunatics, who are more akin to pro-lifers than anything else, advocating and practising terrorism on one side and the scientific community on a back foot developing a siege mentality on the other. There are valid points, both ethical and utilitarian, on both sides but they can't be heard beneath the din created by the fruitcakes waving placards of dead babies/kittens.
    If I were an animal animal rights activists would be the last people I would want on my side.

14. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

Oh, well, thanks... To be called so many nice things really makes me want to join your side. Not.
    Yes, you are generalising a LOT here. I would concider myself a nice person but i don't wear a cardigan. I have never dug up someone's granny and i don't think of that as a good idea. I am pro-choice and i even believe it is sometimes better for some animals to 'be put down' then to be kept under certain horrible conditions. I don't wave placards of dead babies or kittens.
    Things i do/have done include spreading information, handing out flyers that sometimes are containing upsetting pictures but all in context, other flyers are only containing vegan recepies. I have taken care of unwanted animals and given them the best possible livingconditions i have been able to give them, wich has sometimes made me have to eat only rice so that they could have the best food. Other animals i have helped to find other homes for. I have taken discussions with many people and i have tried to be very informative about animals' livingconditions and all what has commen up.
    I don't hate all meateaters, i only think they should all give their eatinghabbits some thought. I have thought long and hard about what i am willing to eat and wear and my conclusion was that i want to be vegan, it is what feels right to me. This might not be the conclusion for everyone and if a person actually has given this serious thinking and commen to the conclusion that to them meateating is ok, and they have real arguments for it (not just that hamburgers taste good or that vegans are a bunch of wackos) i will accept that.
    Although i am active in animal rights, 'cos i do believe all animals have rights, human animals included, i am also taking action on other matters such as anti-racism and environmental issues. I might look like an activist, i hear that a lot, but then again i am one. I care and i want to do what i can. If this makes me a lunatic then let it be so.

15. miserablist

Feb 11, 2010

Like I said, I was generalising.
    I was involved in animal rights activism, mostly as a hunt saboteur but also anti-vivisection activism until my opinion on vivisection changed, so am speaking from my experience of the AR scene in the UK. The granny digging up thing was here but the proposal to picket schools was a recent one from the U.S. as part of a campaign to prevent a debate taking place over the pros and cons of vivisection. This woman that died wasn't a fascist, wasn't some evil creature that wanted to spread suffering and pain. She was a human being who had family and friends who are all grieving and suffering. To take joy in her death is pretty fucking appalling and reinforces my point with regards the fucked up thought process of the animal liberationist milieu.

16. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    I do not see the animal rights struggle as nearly as important as the struggle to get rid of the government, in fact i don't see it as my fight period, but i still don't think saying animal rights activists should die is appropriate. There seems to be a huge lack of compassion on both sides, it boggles my mind.

17. miserablist

Feb 11, 2010

It was hyperbole...

18. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Death, pain and suffering are evil period.
    To use Anom as an example, I'm quite the avid meat eater, wear leather boots and jacket and never has she criticized me for it.
    To want to bestow any condition of my first sentence on any other living being is sick. I do not WANT animals to suffer so I can have my meat. I do not WANT animals to suffer so I can wear my clothes.
    However, regardless they will be killed for that purpose, I do NOT buy animal products, knowingly, myself (except for the army boots I wear, which are made of leather) and I see NOT eating meat and wearing second-hand animal products for clothing as a useless death on the part of the animals, simply because they have been killed for that purpose and someone went through the trouble of preparing it for me. Therefore it would've been dead anyway, should I decide towards abstinence, it would be thrown away, discarded.

19. miserablist

Feb 11, 2010

I will be all for animal liberation when they cease their petty infighting and unite to throw off the shackles of their bondage!
    [​IMG]

20. Vegetarian Barbarian

Oct 19, 2009

hahaha, i like that clip! But i feel getting rid of government is as important as animal rights, but i cant fucking stand PETA.