Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

just a question

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by (A)FREEDOM AND PEACE(E), Feb 8, 2012.

1. (A)FREEDOM AND PEACE(E)

(A)FREEDOM AND PEACE(E) Member New Member

Sep 17, 2011

Hey guys,
    I was just wondering how anarchism would affect child labour if it was established. In countries like Africa and India, there are alot of cases of child labour- would anarchism help those situations, and in what way? Although goverments restrict and hold you back from what you think is right, what stops you from trying to end child labour? If there was more freedom in the world today, wouldnt that encourage capitalists to exploit workers, because they can do as they please?
    I think there are just a few tiny problems that we have to fix before an anarchist society is created :p
    Thats all, feel free to comment :D :anarchism:

2. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

Yes, child labour would be abolished along with all other conditions of slavery created by business and capitalism.

3. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

The big key is to stop capitalists from being able to engage in capitalism, or to create an environment in which capitalism isn't possible anymore. So, more freedom for everyone means less freedom for those wishing to engage in capitalism, if ya know what I mean...

4. Benny Manic

Benny Manic Member New Member

Aug 22, 2011

Trouble is, although child labour is obviously awful and should definitely be abolished, consider capital anarchism (I'm anarcho-commie but it's hypothetical). Consider the fact that there will always be bastards who want a bigger slice of cake. Millions of families rely on the fact that the every member is a source of income. What do we do when the abolishment is enforced and poverty increases?

5. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

No slavery, everyone does what they can, and takes what they need, and if there's not enough to go round then you share the poverty, and if some git comes along trying to rip people off, then you kick them out of your community, with the help of some large pointed sticks, or whatever else is required.