Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

JJR Punk Fest Grand Rapids, Michigan

Discussion in 'North America & Pacific Region' started by divotfreely, Jan 7, 2010.

1. divotfreely

divotfreely Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 4, 2009
     United States
    July 23rd and 24th and 25th
    All Ages
    $10 a day / ? for all
    :rock:

myspace.com/jjrpunkfest

2010 Tentative Schedule
    Oi! Oi! ya Punx & Skins,
    Do to the huge response we've gotten from bands around the country. We've decided to extend JJR Punk Fest 2010 to be 3 days! 3 days packed full of the best underground Punk rock we think the states have to offer. If you don't know some of these bands check them out, every one on here is top notch. And if you don't know ANY of these bands then crawl out from under yer fuckin' rock and learn something already! God damn! anyway heres the tentative line up for all the days. Cheers & Up the Punx!

Friday Saturday Sunday
    July 23 July 24 July 25
    The Agrestix The Non-Believers Meat For Dogs
    Virgin Whores Brutal Dildos Reckless Reasons
    The Chernobyl Babies The Rippers Minor Authority
    The Bad Engrish Total Annihilation Maganfux
    Vicious Sex The U.S. Beat Rocksteady Breakfast
    The Pogo Teenage Kamikaze
    Cock Snot Radical Nonsense
    Dylan Shiv & the Shanks
    Kill City Bombers

2. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

Eh i went to the Denver one last year and there was a pig roast. I wasnt even vegetarian then and I almost barfed q:

3. divotfreely

Nov 4, 2009
     United States
    do you mean you went to a "punk" fest in denver? or jjr last year?
    but regardless not all kidz are vegan and few fests are 100% vegan. i am probably going to go to this one, but i am always weary of all " punk& skin" shows cuz it always seems like jock-o-rama violence/elitism and just plain cooler-than-you attitudes, but maybe thin one will be different ( i say with crossed fingers).

4. dwtcos

Oct 22, 2009

jjr was held in Denver last year. I went. They roasted a pig. and it really was jock o rama hahaha. And I realize not every one is vegan (i'm not vegan) but it was all good fun nonetheless.

5. divotfreely

Nov 4, 2009
     United States
    when i finished your first sentence i began thinking-yeah maybe i wont go-cuz i dont like all that violent street punk shit, but then all good fun. so it was a good time?

6. dwtcos

Oct 22, 2009

well I'll have a good time at any concert you throw my way. But I really would reconsider going if your not a fan of the Up TeH sTrEeT pUnX type of people because thats going to be about 80% of the people there. I actually felt left out because I didn't have a mohawk haha q:

7. divotfreely

Nov 4, 2009
     United States
    noted -good call. im not hitching all the way up to michigan with hopes of not being beat down for being a crusty.
    thanx

8. sociopop82

sociopop82 Experienced Member Experienced member

Sep 3, 2009

i used to be in reckless reasons and left cause i grew weary
    of playing this sort of music.
    it literally bored me to death.
    i can listen to street punk all day but playing it is fucking hell for me.
    i hear their getting pretty popular but i dont care.

the brutal dildos suck.
    im aquainted with them but i hate that
    band.
    it was good when i first heard it but
    i've seen them too much.
    and they have that pompous attitude one could
    only get from living in a gated community

9. dwtcos

Oct 22, 2009

no problem divot. just trying to save you from a weird social situation q:

10. divotfreely

Nov 4, 2009
     United States
    thanks, but its not weird for me around that schism-its fearful. i mean i dont show it and am usually calling them on their shit (which is what causes the usual beat downs), but yeah i wish they were only different/ we all are which is why i love this movement. fear just suks fuking arse.

11. tonychernobyl

tonychernobyl New Member New Member

Feb 15, 2010

Hey Everyone,
    I came across this thread on the internet and joined your Forum today just because i think you have the wrong impression about JJR Punk Fest. I'm the one organizing this years fest in Michigan. and i was at last years fest as well. "dwtcos" was telling the truth when he said that there was a pig roast at last years fest. he's also right in saying the fest has a very Up The Punx type mentality. the simple explanation being. Jeremey Jay Roscoe (the name sake for the festival) was a street punk, who lived his life with an Up The Punx mentality. and as for the meat. though not everyone, the majority of people still eat meat. (should we not serve beer as to avoid offending all strait edge attendees?) but these are not the reasons i write.

I'm really surprised at the description of "jock-o-rama" and the talk of avoiding a beat down. though everyone has differences in opinion, everybody who comes to the fest are all there for a good time. and the only fight i remember happening at last years fest was under 30 seconds long, and was between 2 street punx (Puk & Danamal) who had been friends for over half there lives. and no one other then them was remotely affected by the scuffle.

Listen, I'm not trying to talk you into coming, and I'm not promising that if you do come it'll be the most PC, non-offensive weekend of the summer (we'll leave that to PC, non offenders like Coca-cola and other corporate, for profit events organizers who do that). this is purely supposed to be a Fun weekend to get drunk, Jump around to some music, see some old friends and celebrate the lives of those we've lost.

Cheers!
    -Tony

12. dwtcos

Oct 22, 2009

I hope you understand I wasn't trying to attack the fest. And my description of the fest as jock-o-rama was a bit of a hyperbole however A LOT of the people out here in Denver are nothing more then jocks who found themselves in plaid pants.

13. tonychernobyl

tonychernobyl New Member New Member

Feb 15, 2010

No worries man, I wasn't offended, and i didn't take it as you attacking the fest. i just wanted to give my prospective on it after reading the thread. i wouldn't want people to think its an event promoting hate or something. anyway, i don't really know many people in Denver only my brother Gordy and everyone at the wasteland so i'll have to take your word on the punx out there. but hope anyone who's interested feels welcome to come. and i think it'll be a good time. Cheers!

14. divotfreely

Nov 4, 2009
     United States
    cheers <3

15. nachomalacho

nachomalacho New Member New Member

Jun 30, 2010

J.J.R fest is NOT being held in Grand Rapids Michigan, It's being held in Buchanan Michigan. I'm in a band playing one of the nights (Dumpster Dive Alley), and I'll tell you right now that it's just a good 'ol music festival, albeit a punk one.
    Pretty much every style of bands are playing, from hardcore to street punk, American style, pop-punk, and ska. It will be a great time for anyone who chooses to attend.