Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Jimmy & The Boys - I'm Not Like Everybody Else - 1979 (Australia)

Discussion in 'Other downloads' started by 1xAntifa, Dec 26, 2019.

1. 1xAntifa

1xAntifaExperienced Member Experienced member

Nov 22, 2019
    Victoria, Australia Australia
    jimmy and the boys not like everybody else.zip

To access hit zip extractor and enter your email. It should work. If not please PM me. It's costing me $$ and is pointless if I cannot share. If you download please give some feedback, a like, thumbs up or comment, so I can ascertain what to upload next. Thanks.

They pioneered the use of shock theatrics in Australia with an act that revolved around vocalist and contortionist Ignatius Jones and keyboard player Joylene Thornbird Hairmouth. The group recorded two studio albums, Not Like Everybody Else (November 1979) and Teddy Boys Picnic (July 1981). In May 1981 they scored their only Australian top 10 single with "They Won't Let My Girlfriend Talk to Me". In 1982, shortly after issuing their live album In Hell with Your Mother, they disbanded. Australian rock music journalist, Jenny Hunter-Brown, described Jimmy and the Boys as a "high voltage package of filth, glorious filth". In November 1979 the group released their first studio album, Not Like Everybody Else, which was delayed after Astor Records decided it was "too obscene".[1] It appeared on Avenue Records – a newly formed imprint by Festival Records "to handle Jimmy and the Boys".[1][2] . In May 1980 the band were featured on the cover of RAM (Rock Australia Magazine) which described the group, "[t]heir performances featured politics, simulated sex and violent humour. Their stage antics involved the use of props, such as setting fire to dolls and maiming an effigy of [then-Prime Minister] Malcolm Fraser".
    Jimmy and the Boys - Wikipedia

File 83.2MB

TW Track 3 "Butchy Boys" contains an explicit description of gay leather sexual practices. It will test your latent homophobia,if any.^_^:lgbt:

Tracklist
    I'm Not Like Everybody Else 3:12
    Cops Are Coming 4:02
    Butchy Boys 4:34
    Vampire Love 3:03
    Other Side 3:51
    Wild Boys 2:40
    Komputer Songg 2:33
    Dr. Cairo 5:09
    Rude To You 3:12
    Wagga 3:56
    Products of the Mind
    • Joylene Thornbird Hairmouth (born William O'Riordan) – keyboards, vocals (1976–1982)
    • Ignatius Jones (born Juan Ignacio Trapaga)[6] – lead vocals (1976–1982)
    • Danny Damjanovic – saxophone, flute (1978)
    • Stephen Hall – guitar, vocals (1978)
    • Barry Lytten – drums (1978)
    • Michael Parks – bass guitar, vocals (1978)
    Jones and Hairmouth regularly changed membership as the need arose. By late 1978, the line-up comprised Steven Hall (guitar, vocals; ex-Jasper), Danny Damjanovic (sax, flute), Michael Parks (bass, vocals) and Barry Lytten (drums; ex-Rabbit).
    https://web.archive.org/web/20040803181412/http://www.whammo.com.au/encyclopedia.asp?ar

Jimmy & The Boys Biography

Jimmy and the Boys were an Australian New Wave band, active from 1975 to 1982, best known for their incredibly violent stage shows. The act revolved around vocalist Ignatius Jones and keyboard player Joylene Hairmouth - a couple of friends from Cranbrook and Riverview, exclusive private schools. Since 1976 the duo had been surrounded by various combinations of backing musicians, the constant guts and gore probably accounting for at least some of the member turnover.

Their performance, their visual image, their on and offstage behaviour were all carefully designed to elicit the maximum level of shocked outrage from a public long since bored with the standard media fare of moral decadence. Sadomasochism, transvestitism, self-mutilation, drug abuse, inebriation, simulated sex and mock rape all took starring roles in Jimmy And The Boys' blisteringly paced tribute to cultural degeneracy. The band was known for often causing audience riots in the more homophobic venues they played.

Though the group only recorded two studio albums, Not Like Everybody Else from 1980 and 1981's Teddy Boys' Picnic, they were one of the most popular live acts in Australia. In 1981 they scored their only top 10 single with "They Won't Let My Girlfriend Talk to Me", written by Split Enz leader, Tim Finn.

The double-jointed, bisexual Jones was born of Spanish parents in Manila. It was obvious even in the 70s that if he were not fronting a band he would certainly be a celebrated figure in another avenue of the performing arts (he went on to starring roles in musical theatre, cabaret and on national television as well as being actively involved in areas of fine art and dance).

Jimmy and the Boys disbanded in January 1982 and, shortly after, Jones moved to the theatre stage, playing the dual roles of Eddie and Dr. Scott in the Australian revival of The Rocky Horror Show. At the end of 1982 the band temporarily reformed for a national tour, which resulted in a live album, In Hell with Your Mother. Following the second and final break up of the band, Warner Bros. Records signed Jones to a six-album record deal, of which little actually materialised, although Jones had a near-hit with his 1982 single "Like a Ghost".

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.
  2. The Hat

The HatExperienced Member Experienced member

Sounds like a bit of theater a la Alice Cooper. Definitely should check this out.

3. 1xAntifa

1xAntifaExperienced Member Experienced member

Nov 22, 2019
    Victoria, Australia Australia
    They definitely took a page out of Alice Coopers book, theatrically speaking. They were an outrageous band in their day. I remember being in a car with some mates, sniffing amyl, with this lp blaring on the stereo when I'd just turned 17. It left an indelible impression on my young mind. The band openly flaunted their homosexuality whilst it was still a criminal offence. Joylene was a garish trans person.

4. The Hat

The HatExperienced Member Experienced member

That definitely took guts back in the day. I'll make sure to give this a listen when I can.

4 members have read this thread this month

1. 1xAntifa
  2. The Hat
  3. punkmar77
  4. CULTO DEL CARGO