Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

International Charity Comp

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by SurgeryXdisaster, Jul 26, 2010.

1. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

2. SurgeryXdisaster

Oct 8, 2009

and heres a statement from the person who is doing this about the profits:

"I can fully understand the concerns that a lot of people will have with this charity release. But I can fully reassure you that ALL the money from this release will be going to the 5 charities mentioned, even if it comes to a loss on my behalf. This is a 100% DIY project set up by myself and is all funded with my own money. I have worked on charity releases before, I managed to raise over £60 for Amnesty International with the Napalm Death tribute release & I still have a fare few copies for sale.
    (I must admit that I have never attempted to do something on this scale involving so many people, and also doing our first release on vinyl)"

3. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Charity is a fucking scam, it became one of the biggest business in the world. they are making money by helping others, what a fucking joke. Not even talking about how you play the role of the "useful idiot of capitalism" by contributing to reform capitalism and showing the whole world that capitalism still works because we can help others with capitalism... We need to abolish capitalism not help to reform it and fix its flaws... The profits should go to fund anarchist organisations instead.

4. SurgeryXdisaster

Oct 8, 2009

Tell him/her that,
    personally i'd rather see it go towards something like food not bombs,
    but i'm not the one organizing it...

Which gives me an idea