Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Indian Bashing in Melbourne Aus

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by Probe, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

I dont really know if this was in the news around the world but over the past few months alot of Indians ,pakistanis and stuff have been getting bashed and recently one even died!
    the police are always quick to confirm that these arent racial based attacks but i think its bullshit. what do you have t0 say about it?

2. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

I was sitting at a tram stop on Swan street the other night, and these arsehole bogans drove by and egged he and I. He was fucking sweet about it, just sat there and smiled and made sure not to even get up and brush himself off untill they'd driven away, so as not to amuse them, but I was seething. See, now the media's reported the hell out of the story, moron racists who don't GET IT think "Oh, they're complaining about our wonderful country! Get 'em" and so the violence escalates. There's no way level headed calm people like that dude at the tram stop can win, though- cause there's just no way to say to them, "You egging some poor kid just because you erroneously believe he hates "your nation" doesn't make him like it anymore than he may or may not have. Ugh... I just get fed up with this shit.

3. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

wait so what happened did you get egged or did someone else get egged?

4. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

over here in america every red neck is an ignorant racist , if someone sees a middle easter person they say look at that god damn terrorist , so fuckin dumb , a terrorist could be anyone even you and i , i beleive your story is race related

5. ampallang

ampallang Active Member Forum Member

Nov 12, 2009

i lived in melbourne my whole life. now overseas. I cant say its a suprise.. i know there is some shitty bogan attitude and racism flating around, though melbourne it city multi cultural.. I would say tolerant generally of anyone.
    I used to live in footscray and that was awesome! So many of the overseas indian students really work so hard and are really nice people and friendly. And even those who are born in australia get shit, as i read something that happened in epping.

I think if Australia doesnt get the large amonut of indian studnents then all the universities are fucked, i went to vic uni in footscray and so many students from south east asian dont exchange anymore becasue they are treated so bad. Many it will show the true side of australia, there are totally racial problems.

I seriouslly hope this shit stops, the general attiude was okay in melbourne, people were not scared to go out because of racsism or anything, but i think thats changed.

I think here in Denmark its competely fucked, but its totally the danish way not to talk about it... pretty shitty.

6. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

Oh, sorry I kinda ranted and went off topic, anyway- I was at a tram stop and the guy sitting near me was egged.

7. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

You hear it from a lot of people in the street and in the schools...etc

It's a widespread attitude down the east coast of Australia about the amount of Indians students or non-students taking up residency and blah blah blah...that can be an attitude that of course in the wrong hands becomes the stupid hateful reasoning behind the bashing and mugging of Indian students at train stations and in the street.

After the initial wave of protests there was some incident at Sunshine station where a large group of Indians gathered on the platforms to make sure that other Indian commuters were being looked out for or something like that.

8. raindeer667

raindeer667 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 10, 2009

well i definitely wouldn't let shit like that happen where i stood, and at least organize with other people and do something about it. after all psychological warfare attack is a good first move through anonymous direct action.