Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

I'm a long hair

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by BlinkoChrist, Nov 1, 2009.

1. BlinkoChrist

BlinkoChrist Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 1, 2009

Sorry if this is long winded, just wanted to introduce myself and ask a couple questions. Well first of all im 16, from fullerton and im not sure if im a punk. I started out listening to the dead milkmen when I was labout eleven. I met my best friend in p.e. after we had a long talk about how cool bob dylan was, and he was punk, i started hangin out with emand ive learned a lot about punks, theres skinheads, crusties, anarcho's, and art kids there. So we formed a band yada yada...

I don't know if im a punk though. I have recently got into crass Rudimentary subhumans agent orange that kinda stuff but im not sure if im punk. I don't dress it, but I believe in the anarcho punk philosiphy, and to be honest, it's basically a not bullshit version of hippies, and way more...not lame. How do I know if im punk?

2. Extinction

Extinction Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 1, 2009

Just decide if you are or not. There's no guidlines to "make sure" that you're a punk. I know goths who love Crass and Rudi, but still like goth.

It's all a matter of personal opinion.

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States

A better answer for you.... who cares? Be yourself. Punk is just another label. Whatever meaning it still has is not about how u dress, or look or even who u identify with. it is a state of mind, a point of expression. There are no rules to it really. Just be yourself. That's the best advice i can give on the subject. (BTW I also live in orange county, and know how judgmental and pricky everyone can be when it comes to cliques and scenes. If people accuse you of not being what u are, then take pride in their condescension. I always did... and still do!)

oh yeah and in case I forgot to mention it... BE YOURSELF!!!!

-the anxietist

4. astrodrag666

astrodrag666 Member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2009

ya man, punk really just means being yourself and doing what you think is right. someone could be just as punk as me or you even if they dont listen to the same music or dress similar.

5. Link K2B

Link K2B Experienced Member Experienced member

Oct 27, 2009

Kudos to the above comments, don't define yourself by terms such as 'punk' and otherwise, it dun't even fuckin matter. Welcome to the forums mate.