Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Ideas For Collective or Affiliation Groups

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by muffnbuttn, Jul 21, 2012.

1. muffnbuttn

muffnbuttn Member New Member

Jun 25, 2012

I’ve been playing with this idea in my head for a while, figure it’s time I share it.
    I have a little theory; restoring power to the people by encouraging people to ween themselves off the government and live more self sustainably will lessen the dependency for government.The more we care for ourselves instead of putting that responsibility in the hands of another party (our government, state) the less power and control that party has over us, and the more empowered we are for taking responsibility for our own lives. When we become dependent on something we rely on it, if we rely on it and it isn’t there we find ourselves in a very bad place. This is why I am encouraging everyone, every family, gender, color, creed, political affiliation, sadist, monk, adult, child, etc., to come together in unity and start living for yourself, taking responsibility for yourself, and reaching out and supporting your neighbors to do the same. Changing the world doesn’t normally happen overnight, but it will certainly happening sooner if we work together. Society’s pros and cons all start with none other than beautiful you. The environment, the laws, the schools; we all have the power to change, tweak, or upgrade that which no longer serves our ever improving standards of living.

The idea that I’ve been brainstorming involves a collective or affiliation group, whos goal is to guide their local communities into a model of sharing and support. To provide all the people with a means to harvest their own food and water as best you can. The homeless don’t have a backyard for a garden, but getting involved in Food Not Bombs, creating a model of sharing within the community, maybe even making sleeping bags out of blankets bought from thrift stores is a start. The idea I want to manifest involves addressing food first of all. Creating small groups in every state to build little green houses for the community, scavenging for supplies, and using the help of others to encourage the people to grow their own food is a start to developing a more independent and beneficial lifestyle for the people. Also encouraging recycling (one can use gallon jugs to hang from a string and plant tomatoes or other plants ) and composting to reduce waste and also provide free, nutritious dirt for gardening.

I very much like the design of the hoop style green house. (Can be done with or without a raised bed) Creating a raised bed held together by wood in rectangular shape with metal rods to support PVC piping, which is arched and inserted into the rods, and then a plastic sheet is thrown over it all and secured by wrapping wood in the sheet or by putting something heavy on the sheet to keep from blowing away, and to protect the plants in winter. Voila! We have a means for food. Encouraging people to grow food in their backyard, sharing with each other their yield, supporting farmers markets, composting, maybe even encourage a tree or two here and there, will definitely supply the people with the encouragement and empowerment to reach for bigger and better goals.

I believe that if everyone has a little bit of food growing, they can save money, the environment, they won't need to rely on the government as much, and these are all big pluses. If we get enough people all over the place to do this, they can organize a sharing system. Sharing! Lots of sharing. Oh and trees! We need lots of trees. Fruit bearing trees in every backyard and or front yard. Baby apple trees are only 30$. Varieties of trees that grow well in the elected area. It can be very easy with help. All you need is a willing participant and their backyard.

I would love to hear your ideas, improvements, encouragement, support, and inspiration.

2. Ammon

Ammon Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 6, 2012

3. muffnbuttn

muffnbuttn Member New Member

Jun 25, 2012

Yeah. I've visited that place a few times.

4. Ammon

Ammon Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 6, 2012

really, you've been to the wingnut