Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

I wish newer bands would realize this!

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by trevor9849, Jan 26, 2011.

1. trevor9849

trevor9849 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 12, 2010

I know Anarcho-Punk doesn't have a specific sound but I honestly wish more bands sounded like Crass or Conflict.

2. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

By beatbox I think he means drum machine,
    there's no way thats human beatboxing

3. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

........where on earth are you from? the 90's and 00's had the biggest drought of good punk bands.... On that note, what are you trying to prove? you want to fuse punk with gypsy folk music or some shit??
    :lmao: your a wanker

4. trevor9849

trevor9849 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 12, 2010

........where on earth are you from? the 90's and 00's had the biggest drought of good punk bands.... On that note, what are you trying to prove? you want to fuse punk with gypsy folk music or some shit??

Well, no. But there are too many bands that sound the same. Not including your band, yours is awesome.

5. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

Like who? give examples

6. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Not the 10's though!
    New wave of raw punk!
    :ecouteurs: :guitar: :poop: hahaha

7. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

No way man, there've been tons of great bands these past 2 decades...of course personal taste has everything to do with both our opinions on this, but still.

8. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

'sbeen done already.

As for the topic:
    I don't really see the point to this conversation. It comes down to personal taste. Personally, if a band can draw a strong influence from an older band that I love and be entertaining, I'll listen to that just as much as something brand new that comes along and catches my interest.

9. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

I think a lot of crust, d-beat and such sounds the same, but I think a lot of these bands will be forgotten with time.

But groups such as Witch Hunt, After the Bombs or Rakkaus have unique sounds I think, even if it's just small yet effective changes (like the vocal of after the bombs).

Anarcho-Punk can be so much different from ska-punk and melodic to hardcore and crust. Personally I'm definitely a fan of the more melodic stuff, but I will admit that there's some well original hardcore bands out there.

10. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Thank you for joining the APN community and sharing your demo. I just ask (and I'm sure I speak for everyone) that you make a page for it in the downloads section and not post it as a reply in every thread. If you're inclined, go ahead and make an introduction post so we can get to know each other as well :)

11. persona-non-grata

persona-non-grata Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 9, 2010

@ungov:
    thanks for the tip on pekatralatak they're a very good band love 'em downloaded their discography from pirate-punk.net but I do have one question is it possible for you to translate some of the lyrics for me because I don't speak french at ALL

tanks in advance
    :beer: :ecouteurs:
    nutz!

12. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

Nov 11, 2010

This. I love more inventive and original newerbands like Iskra (well there might be some bands who sound like them now, but when they started out not so much, and their recent stuff is different from what they started out doing anyways), and I love newer bands who stick to the tried and true like Insect Warfare or Decontrol

13. grizzlybeer

grizzlybeer Active Member Forum Member

May 13, 2010

I'm confused by this thread. If you can't find young bands making original and innovative music then you really aren't looking hard enough.

14. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

Nov 11, 2010

:thumbsup:

15. JoeyV

JoeyV Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 23, 2010

I think all Bands in a way copy other bands even anarcho from the 80's. I wouldn't put it so black and white and call it coping, but instead call it influence.
    Ever band is influenced by another band just like crass was influenced by the clash. Music progresses and the sound changes as it goes along, with different bands bringing in there different Influences in a genre.

16. grizzlybeer

grizzlybeer Active Member Forum Member

May 13, 2010

Exactly, everything sort of branches of in all sorts of different directions. A lot of innovative modern bands greatly influenced by punk would no longer be called punk.
    For example:
    Minor Threat > Fugazi > Jawbreaker > Tigers Jaw
    None of these bands would exist without the other, but I would never class a band like Tigers Jaw in the same genre as Minor Threat. It's all just expanding on whats already there.

17. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Yes, but some bands are really copycats, and I think this topic is related to them. Also, I think that it's not problem if someone copies other bands style, i think the worse problem is selling out.

18. JoeyV

JoeyV Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 23, 2010

Agreed