Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

I wanted to shine a light on music festival culture/drug taking...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by prorevolution, Mar 10, 2013.

1. prorevolution

prorevolution New Member New Member

Dec 25, 2012

I think the most powerful thing you can do in our society is turn a mirror onto someone or a group of people, then individually and finally collectively people shift if it's right.

If you watch the trailer for this film you'll probably understand what this is about and where I'm coming from, even though it looks to be very pro-music festival promotion. And I'm not against music festivals and people taking drugs, it's just blind conformity...doing and going to things because it's trendy or cool.

http://youtu.be/HrTYCTxXnD0

Any thoughts on this one?

2. zakkman666

zakkman666 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 20, 2012

I don't do things to be cool I do things because I genuinely enjoy them. I smoke weed because I enjoy it, I go to concerts and festivals because I enjoy the music. People do hard drugs in groups all the time, I never feel the pressure to because other people are, I have no interest in doing blow just like I have no interest in seeing a bunch of shitty dubstep artists. I will however continue to smoke weed because I want to and I will be going to Pouzza Fest in May because I genuinely like the bands playing.

3. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

Maybe its not so much about peer pressure, I never feel that myself. But the partyculture has never really looked like a good thing to me, there's also a really dominant dark side to it. Also seems like partying/etc is the only reason people get together nowadays, its pretty boring. The one thing that people see as an escape from day to day misery becomes a routine too.

4. prorevolution

prorevolution New Member New Member

Dec 25, 2012

Man! These replies are phenomenal, everything is true that you've both said, in my opinion, I'm glad you both know what track you're on and are happy doing so.

I think it's just all really damn interesting and something I want to examine, I don't pretend to have answers, everyone processes these things in their own way and the audience here is anyone, anyone that thinks about the subject, how we interact, what party culture is really about.

this is going to make me look at the whole project differently, thank you!